LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 863 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

Platinum Member
    I would give him one more chance and unless it is truly an emergency I wouldn't meet (and if he didn't get a flu shot I'd be a bit careful about meeting him soon!). Reliability was always key to me especially in on line dating sites because what else did you really have to go on? I remember one guy promising to call me on a Monday to make a plan to meet and he didn't call till Wednesday with no apologies - that was a main reason I declined to meet him - what kind of initial impression is that?

yeah, it's just not a great impression. i dunno - i mean, it was just hard enough to get him on the phone - for the two of us to coordinate! i make plans and stick to them, that's just how i am. so, i don't like the sounds of being dropped at any one point so he can drive his sister to the mall or whatever.

Yea it doesn't sound like dating is on his list of priorities at all. Why would he even need to stay with his cousin? She's just going to lay around. And like you said, it only takes an hour to meet for coffee. If he's not willing to put in any effort even in the beginning, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

well, i sent him an email basically saying that while i think it's a good quality that he is devoted to his friends and family, on the other hand, it makes me nervous that he might cancel on me again should someone else get sick or need a favor or whatever. i told him that i'm the kind of person who sticks to plans i make, unless i have to go to the emergency room. i suggested if he wanted to meet next week, same time, same place, that we can do that.

so.... yeah. and like you said batya, i don't want to meet him before a week, should he be contagious! i don't know why he needs to lie around with his cousin. the flu is miserable, but certainly not life threatening (unless you are immunocompromised).

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by annie24
    well, i sent him an email basically saying that while i think it's a good quality that he is devoted to his friends and family, on the other hand, it makes me nervous that he might cancel on me again should someone else get sick or need a favor or whatever. i told him that i'm the kind of person who sticks to plans i make, unless i have to go to the emergency room. i suggested if he wanted to meet next week, same time, same place, that we can do that.

so.... yeah. and like you said batya, i don't want to meet him before a week, should he be contagious! i don't know why he needs to lie around with his cousin. the flu is miserable, but certainly not life threatening (unless you are immunocompromised).
    Great approach Annie. One more chance.....

Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo
    "Let's do it again sometime?"
    Well I think the bolded part is the answer - sometime could mean when we reincarnate as cats too ;-)

Love the idea of a thread

Btw guys if they are interested can make a lot of effort.

Recently I've red that "He's not that much into you book" (I must explain myself - I do read smarter stuff - this was pure curiosity because it's been so much talked about but this time it wasn't a complete disappointment as when I was reading that stupid Da Vinci code)...hm..what was I saying..oh yes the book is good.
    Guys do put a lot of effort if they want a girl. They stick to plans, they treat us right and they have no problem paying for a drink.
    My bf found my number after meeting me in a club through his friend who works as a police officer!
    Yep, little bit nuts but hey it was a lot of effort.
    Then he called me but it was my mother's place number and then he left his number to my mom so I could call him if I wanted to! That reassured me he's not some psycho - he was polite enough not to ask my mom for my number.
    Last edited by Siriana; 02-16-2009 at 03:21 PM.

oh yes, your stalker bf! that's cute though.

ok, so today, i was on the bus to school, as usual. there's this guy that always gets on a few stops after mine, and we get off at the same stop. i figured he must be a grad student also. he's cute. i've had my eye on him for a few years, but never had the nerve to say anything. plus, i'm usually grouchy in the morning too.

so, today, the bus was pretty full. i sat down once a seat opened. and when another seat opened up, he let some girl sit down instead of him taking it. i thought that was so gentlemanly of him. then, the person sitting next to me left, and he took the seat next to me. he pulled a science paper out of his backpack and started reading it. i decided to be nosy and said, 'what are you reading?' we got to talking, and yes, he is a grad student! we are the same year, both scientists. he's really nice, introduced himself and all. we talked for a few minutes when we left the bus, and then he asked me for my email address. and then he sent me an email an hour later saying hi and telling me to have a good day. oh, i'm so giddy and in a good mood. i haven't written him back yet. am teetering between playing it cool and trying not to seem too cool! arrrgh! i'll email him this afternoon to say hi back.

Now this has the makings of a great story with the meeting of two scientists on the bus. You've read enough threads on ENA to know just be your friendly self if it's meant to be it will happen. Good luck.

Aw annie that's so exciting!! You have to keep us updated on this guy

now with this guy i am supposed to meet on sunday. i dunno. my friend told me tonight she would see that as a big red flag about me that i basically wrote him an email telling him off (afterall - we haven't even met!) she's probably right. but i donno. i was just being honest.

i'm not all that excited to meet with this guy on sunday. what if he flakes again? should i just cancel and forget it?

Page 4 of 863 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice