Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

well, after he emailed me for the first time last week (on a friday), and i wrote him back a few hours later, he took 4 days to return my message, but he wrote a really sweet message back. so, i'm just not going to worry, i've decided about things. i don't want to force anything that isn't meant to happen either. i'll just hang back, continue talking with these other guys on match, and maybe if i don't hear from him for a while, i'll send him an email saying hi and suggesting we grab lunch or ice cream someday, his building is 2 blocks away from mine. i figure, that's what i did if i met a female friend on the bus, right? anyways, no worries....

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yay!!! bus boy AKA future husband wrote me tonight. told me some other funny story and said that he will be at the talk on tuesday, and that he'd meet me at the front doors to help me find the way, just in case i get lost. yay!

YAY!

Good luck tomorrow- let us know how it goes.

He sounds sweet.

yeah, i will report back tomorrow! i am really excited to see him again, it's so funny that i'm looking forward to this scientific talk - and it's really to see him, lol! (although i would have gone to this talk even if i hadn't met bus boy, it's now all the more reason to go!) i got the impression from his email that he was only going because of me, lol. he didn't say it in as many words, but that's the drift i got.

hm, we'll see how things go, what the vibe is, etc....

so..... we went to the talk, i got there early, then i saw him and he sat next to me. after the seminar, we stayed there, just talking in the lecture hall for another 45 minutes. i told him i was going out to get some dinner, but he didn't really take the hint, lol. but, we did talk for a long time together, about school, research, etc.... he's really sweet. after all of that, i asked him to help me find my way out of the building, and after we said bye, he was like, 'hey - can i come visit your building sometime, it sounds cool!' (my building is the newest one on campus, it's very large and has some interesting architectural features). i said of course, and suggested maybe we could get some coffee in the cafe in our building too. i asked him when, he said he wasn't sure, i said no problem, just email me when you want a tour.

lol - are these 'pseudo-dates' ???

I think he'll e-mail you about the tour quite soon. I bet if you had said "I'm getting dinner, want to join me?" that he would have said yes in a second.

He probably didn't know if you were getting dinner alone, or with friends, etc...and maybe didn't want to seem too pushy.

aw, he sent me an email. said he had fun talking to me on tuesday and asked when i am available to give me a tour. he also apologized for taking so long to write back. (2 days!!!! lol, he is silly - but it's so sweet!!) i wrote him back suggesting either tomorrow or monday, and suggested we eat lunch too. i'm really excited. now waiting to hear back from him.....

hmm... just heard back from him. he said ok to tomorrow. but wants to make sure they have vegetarian food, because he isn't eating meat for lent. he also wished me a happy ash wednesday last week. i'm not religious. i hope this isn't a dealbreaker!

Hmm, hard to say! I have quite a few friends who aren't religious at all who give things up for lent "just because". Maybe he's a non-practicing Catholic like I am. I give up things for lent and go to church on Christmas and Easter but definitely wouldn't consider myself religious.

hmm... just heard back from him. he said ok to tomorrow. but wants to make sure they have vegetarian food, because he isn't eating meat for lent. he also wished me a happy ash wednesday last week. i'm not religious. i hope this isn't a dealbreaker! :sad:

Sneak it into the conversation, casually..... if the opportunity presents itself. You could ask if he was raised Catholic....then say which religion you were raised in, and mention that you are not practicing it currently.

hmmm..... just got back from lunch with him. i gave him the tour and all that. then we had lunch and sat outside talking for a bit. he's planning on moving to europe in may. i told him my plan is also to move to europe when i am done, but that won't be soon. and then we were talking, having a good time, and some girl came up and said hey to him, and then just stood there talking to us (well, mainly to him) for like 10 minutes. she said, 'i saw you from my window and thought i'd come over and say hi.' it was a bit weird for me. my friends said it sounds like she was 'staking her territory.' at the end, we hugged goodbye and i told him i'd see him around.

sigh.

he has a job lined up, he is supposed to start in may. i asked him if he has a graduation date yet, he said no. sigh. i dunno...... how confusing. i'm afraid of getting attached and hurt.... maybe he won't contact me again, so there will be nothing to be confused over?

Archived