Who here is single and loves it?

What do you mean by single? Do you mean single, with no life, never had a girlfriend or intimate experience? Or do you mean single as in a player who is scoring and having conquest after conquest and has so much choice that he could give a crap about having a relationship with anyone? Could you please define your question - or perhaps it's somewhere between the two extremes?

• Like 1

I'm single right now (sort of) and don't have a bf. Do I love it? Yes and no. I DONT love it because I feel lonely a lot and dont have someone to share things with, do things with, spend time with, etc. I DO love it because I get to do what I WANT WHEN I WANT it, so it evens out for now. But, eventually, I do hope to meet someone who will be my SO. But no real hurry.

What do you mean by single? Do you mean single, with no life, never had a girlfriend or intimate experience? Or do you mean single as in a player who is scoring and having conquest after conquest and has so much choice that he could give a crap about having a relationship with anyone? Could you please define your question - or perhaps it's somewhere between the two extremes?

Well, it's honestly however you interpret it.

I guess I meant as "not in a relationship," but the players who are not in relationships but still scoring are more than welcome to answer too. lol

[edit] By that, I mean, currently single. Past history isn't really relevant, I suppose. [/edit]

Loving it that I am content to be alone, always working on my ability to make good choices, and very pleased to not be in a bad relationship.

My life would be even more fulfilling with a great S.O., skilled at committed relationships.

Holding out like quietgrl, I am.

Loving that I am alive and me.

Single, tolerate it. I've had my share so I do know what I'm missing out on. I guess I just got sick of the games and the drama and the attempted manipulation (yeah and the occasonal successful manipulation). Oops, that's kinda cynical isn't it? Meh

I would see alot more "action" if I put any effort into it but I don't. Lazy, tired and burned out maybe

Meh (again) who needs a heart when a heart can be broken.

I'm single and i'm happy. I have fantastic friends who are part of my family. It would be nice to have a boyfriend becuase it adds a different type of relationship to my life. The problem is finding someone who fits in well with my friends and with myself...never mind my schedgule lol. I guess i'm just waiting for the perfect fit, the one with whom I will make a new schedule. Until then, i'm happy with where I am. I'll just take things as they come and be happy in the moment

currently unattached. and it's all good. im trying to prioritise things, and for now, im focused on my studies.

plus im trying to to enjoy my own company and discovering heaps of things about myself. i spose itll be better to know myself first before trying to commit to a relationship.

Single. I wouldn't say I'm happy about it, but I'm not miserable either. Both sides have pluses and minuses. For example, right now I'm free to do what ever I want, a luxury denied to me for almost seven years. Recently, I went to China on a whim, I plan on seeing Amsterdam in the spring or early summer. I have only one schedule to coordinate, my own. Still, I miss the simple things a relationship offers, like the good feelings waking up beside someone, making breakfast together, etc. Sometimes I ache for that connection you get with someone who knows you inside and out.

Funny: I just realized that the positives are all practical things and the negatives (what I'm missing out on) are all subjective, touchy feely things.

people that say that they are not happy because they cannot find someone to fit the schedule basically is saying that they are pretty selfish. relationship takes 2 and thus it is not about fitting only one persons schedule and emotional timing. It make me wonder why people ask why their relationship doesnt work when it is right infront of them.

As far as i see it, being single means that you have to be somewhat selfish (there is nothing wrong with that).

i think the problems arises is when you want to be with someone and yet you still remain selfish.

That being said. it get tiring being single.

• Like 1
people that say that they are not happy because they cannot find someone to fit the schedule basically is saying that they are pretty selfish. relationship takes 2 and thus it is not about fitting only one persons schedule and emotional timing. It make me wonder why people ask why their relationship doesnt work when it is right infront of them.

As far as i see it, being single means that you have to be somewhat selfish (there is nothing wrong with that).

i think the problems arises is when you want to be with someone and yet you still remain selfish.

interesting post...makes me think of a recent dinner party where I was the only heterosexual male and some of the single heterosexual females were listing their reasons for dissing their recent dates - most really superficial things that excluded almost all of humanity I thought - made me glad to be single or at least not enduring these standards. So there's the twist - am I being selfish being frightened by such superficial requirements? I think not. I just need more leeway to be me.

I also think that there are people out there that have been hurt and they really aren't ready - the emotional timing isn't right - they got some more recovery to manage before commiting to someone else.

also sometimes I think that I am not ready for dating - that I've got too much emotional work to do, or need more business, or equity, or be happy with my location (I don't like my city too much traffic, pollution, violent crime). Another man at that same party told me if people waited until they were in the right job, had all the parenting skills, enough money, etc. they 'd never have children. For the same reason he said I should just get out there and date - let other people we choose as good for us also choose if we are right for them. Forget the worry about timing, etc. Just make my life better and better and better. Someone eventually will choose to share her life with me.

It does get tiring.

I can use this skippy. Thanks.