Would you have a partner outside of your race?

I have talked to more people that say they would not.They said they would not because of familly,friends or society would not except them.We do not live far from a generation that did not except this and would not.This is not a attempt to see whos racist.Its to hear your thoughts and reasons behind your thinking.Most people will not say because of the fear of sounding racist.Dont preach it will go in and out.I know my thoughts.I think most of them are from familly and friends growing up that are still stuck in my head.They are not there to the point i would voice them.I live my life and dont get into other peoples business.Most people wont say one way or the other the will read this and wont respond because............fear.Others know if its love its love.

race is absolutely not a factor in determining who i would be with. i've made out with a black woman, the most beautiful and sensitive girl i ever dated was from India, my second wife was Hispanic and i recently had a thing for a girl who was half Chinese and half Japanese. i've also been with some white chicks that a lot could be said for.

anyone who can't see past the skin is missing out on most of the beauty the world has to offer.

2 things,

there are many famous and successful bi racial people, Tiger Woods, Heinz Ward, many musicians and actors,, etc...

also, having bi-racial children theoretically makes them usually genetically stronger than "purebreds".... why? Because usually their DNA gets encoded with resistance to diseases from both origins and they pick up wisdom from both backrounds. America is full of bi-racial and multinational people, is America a strong country? People who talk about bi-racials being a negative thing... who ever thinks it is negative is usually racists or ignorant... they are usually ones who's grandfather came from Germany and who's mother came from England... come on now... who was more bitter enemies in the past century than those countries and peoples... But my family is made up of these Romeo and Juliet stories, a German married an French, an Irish married an English, a Polish married a German, etc... you get the idea... all these countrymen were perceived enemies and their families didnt want their kids marrying a... (insert your ethnic word here) but guess what! When the grandchildren came along, they loved them no matter what... and the grandkids were stronger for it.

Think about it another way, what would Jesus say?

take care and God bless...

• Like 1

Well, I have a bit of a different point of view. I have been in many relationships with different races (chinese, muslim, aboriginal) to name a few. The problem wasn't with the race, it was the difference in religious views that came in the way of having a successful relationship. I am a very strong Catholic so you could see how this would cause a conflict. So, I wouldn't do it again. The other problem that may arise is family conflicts. I had a friend who was dating a girl and her parents made her choose between him or them because he was a different race. So I don't know if its going to be accepted all around as far as family is concerned. As long as the religion isn't a big deal and they have an accepting family I would say it is fine but be careful.

I would absolutely have a partner outside of my race. I have dated many men outside of my race. it is so hard to find someone who is compatible and a really good match, that if I found that special someone, I wouldn't let them go just because of the color of their skin.

what friends and family think? does not matter too much. ultimately it is my life and I will be the one who is living with him, not them, so it is my decision.

Race, colour, creed does not matter to me, nor my family to be honest! Myself and my siblings have dated men of all different races and they have been welcomed into the family. Though in the end I ended up with a Ukrainian...though the odds were good here of that happening since 1 in 8 people around here are of Ukrainian descent!

For me it is important however we are compatible, and I have found that this can be harder when it comes to differing religious beliefs in a few instances. I am not religious, though I am spiritual and do have a strong sense of personal values and morals, but I have found in the past that a couple times it did not work out as our beliefs were just too incompatible, and there was a couple that had beliefs that would also be against certain members of MY family which to me was not acceptable.

It'd be hard to narrow your mind that much in Southern California for very long. My nieces and nephews have maried black and Mexican folks and their kids are all kinds of colors. My mom loves them all. I consider racial hangups a bit backward.

I lived for a short time in an all-white area in New England, and was dying to get back to normal life among my friends. Besides, the food was so boring!

BTW, I just remembered I live with a mixed-race couple. I forgot.

Wow! That's a nice refreshing topic. I actually thought this topic was dead and buried a LONG time ago. I'm glad that people would say that it's not the skin that counts, but the heart!

I suppose maybe there are many different reasons why some want partners only in their own race, some don't want them from their own race and others just don't care! But I can give you a good example: I'm mixed Italian (father)/Australian (mother) but I feel I prefer to stay with an Italian. I'm not racist at all. I'd go out with women of whatever nationality, depends on what woman has to offer on inside and how nice she is (looks, attitude, manners etc). Maybe, people make their decisions because of how things went in their own lives with people from different backgrounds. My example: I feel my family's more Australian than Italian and resent most of my dad's family, who all act Aussie. 1 aunt even became a Pentecostal instead of a Catholic...and ended up I feel worse off for it! And not a single Italian married into my father's family in 50 years - and a lot of them with Aussie spouses ended up divorcing. Most of my mum's family is equally awful, with her own mother acting more like a dictator than a grandma and a couple of Methodists snubbing us off because we're Catholic! And mum's mother divorced from mum's father...and her brother divorced from his wife - affecting 2 children in the process!

But, I still feel Italian and I love it! So, what I've just said is probably the biggest reason why I feel having a partner from one race is the best way and that having someone from somewhere else may bring about marriage disaster - just like nearly everyone else in our families.

However, having someone good and compatible inside is always better than someone who isn't!

Meaning of story:

People may have ethnic preferences for partners based on their experiences in life, as well as their families and society. And that, what's in the heart, not on the skin, might hopefully help in men and women making the best decisions for choosing who they want to share their lives with

I think alot of people miss a big point. Race isn't much of a problem, but what about culture/nationality? Most of the experiences I see are from minorities that are Americanized. They all speak English and say things such as "like" and "dude". So there really isn't a whole lot of difference besides skin pigmentation. Would you marry someone who didn't speak English or someone who's main ambition in life is to strap on a bomb and kill infidels?

I am 100% puerto rican I know I dont look like it but anyway my daughter is biracial she is puerto rican and black and for a long time I thought about what this meant and for me at the beginning it was scary cause I thought of of her having to deal with racism but now I have a different view my daughters has two history's to learn to very different cultures and she is now becoming the majority biracial children and interracial couples is becoming the norm, and to me that its a beautiful thing because it forces us to see that we are all in many ways the same and in the ways that we are different we can share together and make this a better place to live.

See my thread above on being narrow minded about dating. My wife's Chilean and I'm English and our daughter has a lovely tanned complexion. My ex-wife's Malaysian Chinese and I've dated an Algerian.

I travel a lot and see beauty in all races. Apart from being wary about having a relationship with anyone if I was on my own again, dating outside my race would not be a problem at all.

Well, I have a bit of a different point of view. I have been in many relationships with different races (chinese, muslim, aboriginal) to name a few. The problem wasn't with the race, it was the difference in religious views that came in the way of having a successful relationship. I am a very strong Catholic so you could see how this would cause a conflict. So, I wouldn't do it again. The other problem that may arise is family conflicts. I had a friend who was dating a girl and her parents made her choose between him or them because he was a different race. So I don't know if its going to be accepted all around as far as family is concerned. As long as the religion isn't a big deal and they have an accepting family I would say it is fine but be careful.

Same here - I would date someone who was the same religion as me (I am not Catholic) even if he was a different race.

People who talk about bi-racials being a negative thing...

I never understand this, esp. as mixed-race people are generally better looking than "thoroughbreds" ;-) (IMHO)

It is idiotic to have a policy of not dating outside your race, not to mention closed minded and ignorant.

BUT with race there are two things - one is skin (looks) and the other is culture.

Now, looks play a big part in who you are attracted to. If you are not generally attracted to white people, for example, it might be shallow to judge people on their looks, but it's not necessarily racism. Your skin covers most of your body and face, so it plays a big part in looks.

But more important is culture - while everyone has a different personality, that personality is usually just a deviation from the culture where they come from. Which means most people from your race are going to have common factors when it comes to personality traits. And these traits might not be liked by someone. For example a woman from a liberal country might not like someone from a race that is oppressive to women and believes that is normal.

I think that it really depends on the person,

Some people will be open to dating, some not,

And it largely depends on your life experiences,

How you were raised, what you expect out of a partner,

I must say I would definitely date outside of my race/culture,

But to each their own,

Being from a multi-racial background:

I get asked daily, what is your ethnic make-up?

I don't look like any 1 ethnic group in particular,

But since I am an equal split between Mexican & Irish,

It's really hard to tell what my background is,

And I get flattered when people ask me,

Because it shows that they are interested in understanding me,

Not only that, I was given the opportunity to be fluent in 2 languages, learn 2 vastly different cultures, make friends from both backgrounds,

It was a win win situation for me,

Besides children from a bi-racial marriage are at a genetic advantage in general,

Significantly reducing the passing down of recessive genetic diseases,

Besides the world is a melting pot that we contribute to.

Cheers!

Rose