Is she losing interest in the relationship?

My sister set me up with her friend, and we've been texting and talking on the phone for over 2 months now. Our conversations have been really good and entertaining. However, during these 2 months, we haven't met yet, although she has hinted that she wants us to meet. Recently, about a week ago, I started noticing a change in her behavior. She doesn't reply as quickly as she used to, her messages are getting shorter, and we don't text or talk on the phone as much as we used to. It seems like she's losing interest. 

I asked her if something is wrong or if there's something bothering her, but she said no. So, I suggested that maybe we should meet since we've been texting and talking on the phone for months, but she said she's not ready yet. This made me believe that she lost interest. So, I confronted her about it because I don't want to waste my time. I told her that I noticed she seemed a little distant recently, but she denied it. I let it go. 

Now, after that confrontation, she's starting to act like she used to—texting me often, cracking jokes, and being sweet again. However, I can't help but feel that she's only doing it now because I talked to her about it, and it doesn't feel genuine. 

What do you think? Is she losing interest, or am I just overthinking things?

4 minutes ago, Absy said:

. However, during these 2 months, we haven't met yet, although she has hinted that she wants us to meet., after that confrontation, she's starting to act like she used to

Please try to meet up in person. If you have to "confront" someone to be interested in texting you, it doesn't seem promising. 

2 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Please try to meet up in person. If you have to "confront" someone to be interested in texting you, it doesn't seem promising. 

I want to, but she's saying she's not ready yet 

3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Unfortunately you aren't even dating, no less have a relationship. If she won't meet she seems bored or uninterested. 

Hmm, so I should just cut contact and move on with my life?

22 minutes ago, Absy said:

My sister set me up with her friend, and we've been texting and talking on the phone for over 2 months now. 

Why did your sister bother setting you up with someone unavailable and uninterested?  You could try asking her out again and if she refuses to meet tell her you don't want to waste your time on a text buddy.

20 minutes ago, Absy said:

I want to, but she's saying she's not ready yet 

When I interacted with someone who wasn't ready to meet I was no longer ready to invest my time in typing and talking.  I suggest you do the same.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Why did your sister bother setting you up with someone unavailable and uninterested?  You could try asking her out again and if she refuses to meet tell her you don't want to waste your time on a text buddy.

At first, I truly believed she was interested. She even talked about us meeting, but it wasn't possible because we didn't live in the same town but now we do. However, recently, I started noticing a change in her behavior, and she began acting distant. I talked to her about it, but she insists that nothing has changed.

She's not losing interest;  she is a time waster & the gig is up.  She's backing off because she knows she can't drag this out any longer. 

Talking & texting for 2 months without meeting indicates a lack of interest or a lack of social skills.   You have a mutual friend in your sister.  What on earth is she  dragging her feet about?  A meeting should have been scheduled after 2 texts, not 2 months.    If she's "not ready" after all this time, she is a time waster.  Be done with her.  She will never be ready.  Let your sister know this is why this woman is alone -- by choice.  

• Like 3

Sounds like she may have started out interested and even invited the idea of meeting. But since it never happened, she became interested in someone she’s met in person. So now she’s not ready because she’s still learning where things are going with that guy.

I’d let her know that you want to meet up next week. If she still isn’t ready, I’d tell her that she’s welcome to let you know if she’d ever like to meet, and if you’re still available then, maybe you can catch up together. Meanwhile, you’re stepping away while you both still think highly of one another, and you wish her all the best.

• Like 1

I'm guessing she started acting distant when she moved closer and no longer had the excuse of distance to avoid meeting.

Maybe she fears you won't like her if you see her in person.

Why did your sister think you two would hit it off? 

• Like 1