Did I miss my chance?

Honeybeans

So September 23rd I was asked out on a date by a nice guy who I would categorize as one of my friends. Well as you can see it’s November now so more than a month has past. During the confession I panicked as I’ve never really went out with someone I think I rejected him without meaning to reject him I can’t remember if I blatantly said no or I’ll think about it. Okay on to the point I have been thinking about it literally the entire time and do wanna go on the date however my lack of experience and timidness when it comes to romantic relationships has caused me to be scared in telling him that I did wanna go on a date. It’s getting closer to the end of the semester and we’re nearing finals week and end of classes. I’ve literally been trying to muster up some courage for over a month. But I guess I’m here to ask, do you think it’s too late now or I should go for it?

No need to do anything aggressive. Rehearse in advance how you’re going to ask him out time  and place. Don’t text. Talk to him. “Hi - there’s this great movie /great museum exhibit/ concert / holiday light display/ new ice cream place - are you free on - day ?” Yes do that. Don’t expect him to plan something again - be polite since you declined and it’s your turn.  Then offer to treat him. 
my future husband and I met at work and he had to get up the courage to ask me for lunch.  He was very shy. He did it. Now we have a lovely family. It’s worth it 

• Like 2

It's always better to take a risk, than not to try at all. If the answer is no, you can emotionally move on. If the answer is yes, you have a chance to build something beautiful with someone.

I like Batya's advice. I'd probably add, "I'm so psyched about finals being over. I'm going to XYZ on Friday. I'd love to treat you if you're up to going with me."

If he's not available but interested, he should suggest doing something when he is free.  If at some point he asks what the delay was when he first asked you out, just be honest and tell him as a newbie to dating, your nerves got the best of you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Definitely agree with others that you should open the door back up for a date with this guy. And in person

Also don’t be afraid to tell him you were timid at first.  Now I don’t know the dynamic between you two, so I won’t say just ask him out right off the bat. You need to establish that you are interested in a date, have a few ideas in mind; but encourage him to ask you out. This gives him a bit of confidence that he may have lost since he asked you. 

Scenario: Hey W, so I was thinking about when  you asked me on that date, well you caught me off guard. I’m a little timid about dating, but I have have the answer I wanted to give you.

• Like 1

If you blatantly said "No" what makes you think he would want to take you out again?

That is why we think about our choices sometimes. Because some of them are irreversible. This is one of them maybe.

But, you should at least try and see what he says. I would at least include an apology first. You maybe blatantly said "No" to the guy. Dont think he would pick up like nothing happened before without you honestly saying why you did what you did. 

6 hours ago, Honeybeans said:

my lack of experience and timidness when it comes to romantic relationships has caused me to be scared in telling him that I did wanna go on a date. It’s getting closer to the end of the semester and we’re nearing finals week and end of classes.

How old is he? Would this be your first date? Talk to your mother or older family about dating and nervousness. If you would still be nervous then things haven't changed. It sounds like you're only worried now because the semester is ending. Do you like him? 

Hey OP!

Nothing lost! If you’re feeling too shy, slip him a note into his hand saying:

”I’m sorry, I hope I didn’t blow it - but the answer is, YES! I’d love to go on that date x”

Also, while delivering the note, you get to brush his hand, and be side to side 😉

x

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mylolita said:

Hey OP!

Nothing lost! If you’re feeling too shy, slip him a note into his hand saying:

”I’m sorry, I hope I didn’t blow it - but the answer is, YES! I’d love to go on that date x”

Also, while delivering the note, you get to brush his hand, and be side to side 😉

x

Smooth. This.

• Thanks 1