Asking for a ride to the airport from my boyfriend

44 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I wouldn’t say most men stink. 

Finding a prize or a gem of a man is like finding a needle in a haystack.  You have to get awfully lucky.  It's like winning the lotto or jackpot. 

A lot of men are OK.  If OK is good enough for women,  then go for it.  However,  my friends and I wanted the best and cream of the crop and we got 'em.  Lucky us.  We didn't waste any time either.  Great ones were snatched up early.  😉

8 minutes ago, Coily said:

"Not a real man" Well there you have it OP, you are dating some creature in a skin suit. The only way to tell is to book an insanely early flight, bullet dodged!

This thread has descended into bizarro land.

Don't forget he's also a "wimp".

This thread has devolved into comedy. A Sunday afternoon laugh fest!

• Haha 2

I really am with JMan and Bolt here. In my relationship, this would just be considered goofy (as JMan put it nicely) if me or my husband booked a flight at 4am. Sleep is REALLY important to both of us, mostly him. 

My husband is a regional driver for amazon, and this would just mess up his sleeping pattern. He always said "I treat my sleep like a business." Getting up around a time he is asleep, would mess up his sleep pattern but a worse case scenario, what if it messes up his sleep that same day he took me to the airport and he ends up falling asleep at the wheel? I couldn't do that to him. If there was no choice and he was the only one who had to take me, he would just take the work day off to be safe. But would I do that him? No because I would plan better or I would have talked to him so there isn't any hurt feelings.

I think sometimes we see a relationship as tic for tac, but if the Poster had time to think about the booking and time to talk to her boyfriend about an arrangement, then maybe this problem isn't that he's a "wimp" - maybe it's more of lack of communication and lack of forethought

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am not discriminating against men or women. I take things on a case by case basis. 

Sleep away.  😴  Get Uber,  Lyft,  taxi,  airport shuttle,  limo driver,  ambulance,  paramedics,  relative,  neighbor,  acquaintance,  friend,  relatives,  in-laws,  walk,  bicycle, train to airport or however way you get there.  Stay safe and hope you won't get approached by a criminal. 

When it's your partner's turn,  it will be easier for you to refuse and decline if you need sleep 😴, can't get out of work,  don't want to drag a drowsy child out of bed,  if there's sickness,  if there's a drug or alcohol problem,  if your car's broken down, etc. 

Always remain fair and equal.  Never do for him what he did not do for you.  Never have amnesia and all is swell.  😊

3 minutes ago, LootieTootie said:

If there was no choice and he was the only one who had to take me, he would just take the work day off to be safe.

Yes, he would do it for you.  That's it right there.  You wouldn't ask him but you know he would do it for you to be safe and for him to be safe.

50 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am not discriminating against men or women. I take things on a case by case basis. 

I agree case by case basis.  Keep in mind though,  cases can still have same or similar reasons from different people.  At that time, people will not forget past refusals so they too have every right to decline and refuse.  It should not come as any surprise nor shock.   The problem with this is this:  When it's the partner's turn to be declined, it will be a dilemma for him and suddenly it will come back to haunt him.  As long as their pact is fair, equal and ironclad with no misunderstandings whatsoever, all is swell.  👍  😊 

11 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Geez. Can this thread get any more obnoxious?

Five pages, 120 replies.  No wonder the OP took off running and has never come back.  None of this is helpful to her.  Us sniping back and forth at one another is why people are driven away.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, LootieTootie said:

I really am with JMan and Bolt here. In my relationship, this would just be considered goofy (as JMan put it nicely) if me or my husband booked a flight at 4am. Sleep is REALLY important to both of us, mostly him. 

My husband is a regional driver for amazon, and this would just mess up his sleeping pattern. He always said "I treat my sleep like a business." Getting up around a time he is asleep, would mess up his sleep pattern but a worse case scenario, what if it messes up his sleep that same day he took me to the airport and he ends up falling asleep at the wheel? I couldn't do that to him. If there was no choice and he was the only one who had to take me, he would just take the work day off to be safe. But would I do that him? No because I would plan better or I would have talked to him so there isn't any hurt feelings.

I think sometimes we see a relationship as tic for tac, but if the Poster had time to think about the booking and time to talk to her boyfriend about an arrangement, then maybe this problem isn't that he's a "wimp" - maybe it's more of lack of communication and lack of forethought

Similar to what I wrote but you said it better.  I agree with all.  I think age/stage of life matters too. Don't know about you all but I did much better with sleep deprivation in teens/20s, have battled insomnia at various points after and even made a thread about it when my son was a baby called "new mom insomnia?" or something like that.  This is why this may be a "lack of communication and lack of forethought" as you put it especially if things have shifted as far as ability to deal with lack of sleep on a workday, etc. 

I do worse with sleep deprivation than my husband - but - I wouldn't want him tired on the road as you put it!

3 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Similar to what I wrote but you said it better.  I agree with all.  I think age/stage of life matters too. Don't know about you all but I did much better with sleep deprivation in teens/20s, have battled insomnia at various points after and even made a thread about it when my son was a baby called "new mom insomnia?" or something like that.  This is why this may be a "lack of communication and lack of forethought" as you put it especially if things have shifted as far as ability to deal with lack of sleep on a workday, etc. 

I do worse with sleep deprivation than my husband - but - I wouldn't want him tired on the road as you put it!

I would understand. Sleep is the reason why I can remember so well.

Job-wise, I've been told I have a great recall. I am good with remembering dates, long-winded meetings with vague determinations and remembering even large amount numbers in the millions.  So yes, I often get complimented for my memory by colleagues- but I do tell them, I put in my 8-hr sleep every night (it also helps that I don't have kids).

6 hours ago, Cherylyn said:

Yes, he would do it for you.  That's it right there.  You wouldn't ask him but you know he would do it for you to be safe and for him to be safe.

The point I was making is that even if he would take me to the airport, I wouldn't want him to and I wouldn't do that to him. Also, doesn't mean it'll be safe for him. He works 12-14 hrs a night and very strict on his sleep schedule because even one night where his sleep has been disruptive, it might affect him that same day or/and possibly that same week trying to play catch-up on his sleep. There's valid reasons why he takes his sleep seriously and being a supportive spouse, I wouldn't plan a goofy time for a flight and use it as a validation test or measurement of how real of a man he is. That's just silly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1