Why did he have so much attitude towards me

10 minutes ago, lavender899 said:

I knew a guy who did that in the past. Im pretty sure he had npd. And i dont just want to run away if someone behaves like that, i want to confront them. 

See, this is exactly the problem of the whole thread. You thinking you can confront somebody with narcissism. That is like thinking you can drive your car through wall. And that instead of your car being totalled and you being hurt, the wall would just crumble like in some Hollywood movie. You will not get through anybody like that. And your best solution is driving away from that wall.

Not to mention nothing he says exhibits narcissism. He is just a jerk you got stucked on. Its on you to think why is that.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, reinventmyself said:

it's pretty text book that when you see someone in real time, whether in person or a video call, you discover for a variety of different reasons there isn't going to be a viable connection.  It's all fun and fantasy when you are engaging in anonymous emails etc, but things shifted after the video call, correct? 

Not to mention the periods of time you two were not in contact.  He alluded to the possibility of someone else in his life.  What else to do you need to possibly know?

It's your time.  Invest it in how you seem fit.

Not really. As I said that's him in a nutshell. The video call isnt related.

Thats why i say there's something amiss there.

I'll tell you right now ive never invested time into something time and time again ( like him) unless  i have some sort of interest.

He's a weirdo plain and simple 

8 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

See, this is exactly the problem of the whole thread. You thinking you can confront somebody with narcissism. That is like thinking you can drive your car through wall. And that instead of your car being totalled and you being hurt, the wall would just crumble like in some Hollywood movie. You will not get through anybody like that. And your best solution is driving away from that wall.

Not to mention nothing he says exhibits narcissism. He is just a jerk you got stucked on. Its on you to think why is that.

His meltdown at the end was nothing short of narcissistic.

His actions of hot and cold throughout the time I've known him are narcissistic 

He's got an innate arrogance. That's narcissistic 

His need for control is narcissistic

His enjoyment of power is narcissistic. The way he described a situation  at work and how he jad power over someone. Seemed he enjoyed it. 

His words in the last conversation  "i need someone to elevate me" " i'm greedy for money im always wanting more" "what do you have to offer me" " you've go nothing to offer me"

" i want to create a legacy"

"As you age you'll become worthless"

Nothing short of narcissistic 

Is this what you  think is normal 😂😂😂

I guess the point I am trying to make is when most people see crazy they cross the street. 

You came here as if to ask questions but yet seem impermeable to any advise.  Just like you were impermeable to the message he was giving in hopes to run you off by not responding to your attempts to reach out, repeatedly

We are all in agreement that this guy isn't nice.  Label it anyway you seem fit but the energy you are investing into this shines the light back on you.  Some of ways you handled your part are highly questionable, but yet you dismiss any suggestions to even consider it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, reinventmyself said:

I guess the point I am trying to make is when most people see crazy they cross the street. 

You came here as if to ask questions but yet seem impermeable to any advise.  Just like you were impermeable to the message he was giving in hopes to run you off by not responding to your attempts to reach out, repeatedly

We are all in agreement that this guy isn't nice.  Label it anyway you seem fit but the energy you are investing into this shines the light back on you.  Some of ways you handled your part are highly questionable, but yet you dismiss any suggestions to even consider it.  

Crazy  recognition isn't  immediate to everybody. As demonstrated here.

It takes time to know people. As time goes on and you speak to them more and experience more, more things  are revealed.  I had suspicions but i obviously wasnt sure. 

As soon as he had his outburst i didnt  speak to him after that. So I dont really understand what you're trying to say there

Previous to that he attempted to meet up with me..not just once but many times before. Which people seem to be missing here. 

I wasnt always available to meet when he asked, so i left it. Only the last time he asked via the chat , since he was so enthusiastic to meet which again people are missing, I thought may aswell actually make an effort for once, where I didnt before, so i called a couple times to follow up. Thats not a crime.

55 minutes ago, lavender899 said:

His enjoyment of power is narcissistic. The way he described a situation  at work and how he jad power over someone. Seemed he enjoyed it. 

His words in the last conversation  "i need someone to elevate me" " i'm greedy for money im always wanting more" "what do you have to offer me" " you've go nothing to offer me"

Is this what you  think is normal 😂😂😂

I would not rule out the possibility of substance abuse.  That often presents this way.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, lavender899 said:

Is this what you  think is normal

Sounds like something "blackpillers" would do. Especially talk about you losing value as you age. Which is again something you should "fish out" and stay away. Not something you should confront. You dont need additional stuff on somebody who is like that, just to say  "Goodbye". 

5 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

Sounds like something "blackpillers" would do. Especially talk about you losing value as you age. Which is again something you should "fish out" and stay away. Not something you should confront. You dont need additional stuff on somebody who is like that, just to say  "Goodbye". 

I mentioned incels. That he sounds like one. He had to look it up he had no idea wht i was talking about 

7 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

But again that was at the very end. Its like he was holding in all this pent up rage. And he let it out when hed had enough .

He never once said anything horrible or negative before. Because im sure he knew not to and that would  deter me

1 hour ago, lavender899 said:

Is this what you  think is normal

You haven't even met the guy, and you think you have a grip of who he is?

Again, if this is how you approach dating, you've got a long way to go.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, DarkCh0c0 said:

You haven't even met the guy, and you think you have a grip of who he is?

Again, if this is how you approach dating, you've got a long way to go.

I think i do. 

He made a bunch of judgements about me. Saying hes got better options. So how can he possibly know that. 😂😂 without seeing me in person.

He's not that clever  though 

Is it standard in the practice of psychology to diagnosis someone with a personality disorder despite never meeting them in person?

Curious to know what condition you think he might diagnose you with.

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Is it standard in the practice of psychology to diagnosis someone with a personality disorder despite never meeting them in person?

Agreed. It does take time to get to know someone.  You never started getting to know him. You simply chatted on and off with a stranger. 

38 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I've come across those with  the disorder before. If something aint wrong there, then ill eat my words.

I actually act like a normal human being unlike himself so probably nothing 

I would recommend you look into getting some help with your attachment to this man you have never met, OP. 

It seems you hung on until he rejected you, fully and completely, so it soothes your ego to shift all blame to him to ease the sting of that rejection. 

It's not healthy for you to fixate on someone like this, especially some random guy you have never met in person. Maybe a good professional can you help you better cope with feeling abandoned and rejected. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:

I would recommend you look into getting some help with your attachment to this man you have never met, OP. 

It seems you hung on until he rejected you, fully and completely, so it soothes your ego to shift all blame to him to ease the sting of that rejection. 

It's not healthy for you to fixate on someone like this, especially some random guy you have never met in person. Maybe a good professional can you help you better cope with feeling abandoned and rejected. 

Who says im attached. Now youre being an armchair psychologist.

Im not going to repeat myself again.

Our interactions go much further back than what I've written here. 

15 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:

This entire thread is a good start. 

Nope. Im simply responding to people who don't have the full picture. Giving facts.

You're nowhere near qualified to state someone needs help. 

But I know you probably  enjoy "diagnosing" people 

8 hours ago, lavender899 said:

A lot are to be honest. I stand by that. This one seems to be making effort in terms of the way he's messaging so i just replied accordingly. 

So you've met?  Have you gone out since your first meeting?

Messaging doesn't take effort.

3 hours ago, lavender899 said:

He never once said anything horrible or negative before. Because im sure he knew not to and that would  deter me

Deter you from what?  Calling him at random intervals over a period of a couple of years?  It sounds like he wasn't actually very into that, if you ask me.