Putting myself back out there

38 minutes ago, limichelle said:

I signed up for Tinder a week ago and matched with a guy I’ve been talking too since then. We’re meeting Saturday at a coffee shop. 
I’m looking at this as if I’m meeting a new friend. He’s been through Bariatric surgery and I’m starting the process of the surgery. He and I have things in common.

Nice to hear. Good outlook. Enjoy the date!

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, beatlesfan77 said:

Just curious how many matches you received and how long after you signed up did they start coming in?

Hey!

So that same night I signed up I matched with about ten guys but only three wanted to talk. Then the two other guys faded and I remained talking to the guy I’m talking too now. I saw I had 100 matches but that was only if I paid for the app. Lol Or more like 100 guys that swiped right but that doesn’t mean anything. Because a lot of people just swipe right on everyone. 

I was orig

4 hours ago, limichelle said:

Hey!

So that same night I signed up I matched with about ten guys but only three wanted to talk. Then the two other guys faded and I remained talking to the guy I’m talking too now. I saw I had 100 matches but that was only if I paid for the app. Lol Or more like 100 guys that swiped right but that doesn’t mean anything. Because a lot of people just swipe right on everyone. 

I was orig

Good evening and thanks for the information. I’ve heard that typically women get a lot of responses on these apps within a short time. You also answered my follow up question which was did you have to pay anything to get matches. Hopefully all goes well with your upcoming meeting. 

• Like 1
On 1/25/2022 at 1:48 PM, limichelle said:

I’m more relaxed with my expectations.

Yay, you!

Even if nothing develops, a cup o' Joe with a pleasant stranger can be interesting and fun.

If that's how you can approach every potential match, it takes the rollercoaster effect out of meeting people and could land you in synergy with someone fabulous at some point.

EnjOy!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...