Ex's apology - am I wrong for not wanting to respond?

Ex has apologised many times before. His most recent was that he understands I won't find this satisfying, that he does feel horrible about what happened. That I didn't deserve it and my pure-heartedness makes him feel more guilty. That he wronged me and I didn't deserve it. Nor does he expect me to forgive him. Then he went onto say a few other things which he believes I may have misrepresented him and that the bad intentions I thought he had, aren’t exactly true. He continued.. I appreciate however this has probably been my way of expressing my hurt. He hopes I'm in a better place, that I'm very special and deserve all the happiness in the world. 

No, you're not wrong for not wanting to respond.   When you're ready, you can simply text:  "Thank you" and leave it at that.  No other explanation necessary.  Or, don't respond at all if you've already let him know how you felt before you broke up and / or shortly thereafter.  Usually, once a relationship is over, it's time to move on without additional correspondence with your ex.  

• Like 3

Good and don't respond. Looks like you are finally getting tired of his bs and it is bs. A meaningless word salad meant to make himself feel good and to keep you hooked as he periodically pings you to be sure you stay hooked. The more tired you get of these games, the faster you'll finally move on.

He might like to use you to stroke his ego, he might genuinely feel bad for hurting you, but he is not sorry for dumping you and is not interested in getting back together. There comes a point where that has to sink in for you.

I'll say this again - block him. I know I know....but what if....when you let go of that "what if" you'll finally set yourself free and I guarantee you that the one thing you'll feel is deep relief. At this point you are just afraid and you don't even know of what anymore. It's become a toxic habit.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, minute_perception said:

Ex has apologised many times before. His most recent was that he understands I won't find this satisfying, that he does feel horrible about what happened. That I didn't deserve it and my pure-heartedness makes him feel more guilty

Yeah, yeah.. okay, be done now.

Many do feel guilt after a BU, nothing anyone can do about that and is up to each individual to deal with it in their own way.

Leave all alone and move on.  No reason to keep in contact. What's done is done.

Ignore/delete.

Focus on YOU now.  All takes time, but can be done ( without dark cloud of an ex hovering) 😉 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, DancingFool said:

Good and don't respond. Looks like you are finally getting tired of his bs and it is bs. A meaningless word salad meant to make himself feel good and to keep you hooked as he periodically pings you to be sure you stay hooked. The more tired you get of these games, the faster you'll finally move on.

He might like to use you to stroke his ego, he might genuinely feel bad for hurting you, but he is not sorry for dumping you and is not interested in getting back together. There comes a point where that has to sink in for you.

I'll say this again - block him. I know I know....but what if....when you let go of that "what if" you'll finally set yourself free and I guarantee you that the one thing you'll feel is deep relief. At this point you are just afraid and you don't even know of what anymore. It's become a toxic habit.

Thank you. I know this sounds asinine but would also indefinite NC, be the only way where he might reconsider (obviously, along with realising more pros to our relationship etc) getting back together? Nonetheless, I am moving on and I am getting tired of it. 

38 minutes ago, minute_perception said:

I know this sounds asinine but would also indefinite NC, be the only way where he might reconsider (obviously, along with realising more pros to our relationship etc) getting back together?

Do you want him back or just to leave you alone? Because he doesnt want you back, he is just "playing the field" and keeping you there if eventually all else fails and he has to go back to you. Mind games where you block him and he will suddenly want you back wont help you too much. Would you even want somebody like that? If you want him to leave you alone just stop responding and block him.

What happened to doctor guy?

You mentioned that he has apologised many times before so no, there is no need to respond again imo.  Basically, he is being selfish.  This message is an attempt to make himself feel better about whatever self-doubt he may be feeling.  If he really cared about YOUR healing, he would not keep opening your wound like that.  He would leave you alone so as to heal.  He doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that contact is NOT helpful for you.