I got really intense on Valentines day and I think I freak him out

Lilifab86

I need some advice.

I've been dating this guy for a few weeks now. We already had amazing sex and everything was great. He will text me every day in the morning, at this lunch break and after work. I could tell he was really into me. We couldn't spend valentine's day together. Long story short. I got drunk and went crazy texting him a bunch of nonsense and also how amazing he was, that we were really good together... and a lot of super cheesy stuff.

Next day I apologise explained I was drunk and lonely and sorry for the nonsense texting.

Since then he text only once a day and not as cute... we previously arranged to meet this weekend and previously he would text how excited he was... but nothing this time.

Shall I just forget about him? I'm afraid disscusing the issue will make me look more intense.

P.S. I'm usually very easy going and a bit of mysterious as part of my flirting 

Sorry to hear that. It must be so disappointing to feel that he’s pulling away just as you start to relax, be yourself and enjoy his company. 

You’ve only been dating for a short while so there’s a number of reasons why he may have pulled away, not just you getting cute and gooey. Is he dating other people if you’re not exclusive yet? Does he feel he no longer needs to chase now that you’ve been dating for a few weeks, are already having sex etc.

Whilst it’s frustrating, just mirror his actions and don’t over do it. Eg When he messages, you message. Don’t over explain, try to compensate. Try to relax, keep being you and give him some space.

But when you next meet, see if you can have a face to face conversation about it so you can get it off your chest and read his signals better. Not something you can do through messaging / calls. 

I hope it goes well for you. It otherwise sounds like a lovely start to a relationship.

8 minutes ago, Lilifab86 said:

I've been dating this guy for a few weeks now. 

We couldn't spend valentine's day together.  I got drunk and went crazy texting him a bunch of nonsense and also how amazing he was, that we were really good together...

Sorry this happened. Just curious why "you went crazy texting him"?  Is something else going on such as a recent breakup? 

Do you know why you couldn't be together Vday? 

Lay back and let the dust settle. Don't fix "a bunch of nonsense texts" with more texts.

you went a little overboard, apologized and now are trying to upright this.   Just chill and give it some time.   

If you acknowledge that it might have scared him a little, you shouldn't be surprised if he has dialed it back some.  That in itself might be more of the same intense thinking.  Take it in stride and shake it off.

If it's worth it, it will work itself out.

Yeah, see how the weekend goes.  Give him space, no assumptions just because he's toned down a bit at this time.

YOU recently got out of a LTR?  Be cautious in this.. I know everything seemed 'So exciting' and it often does in the beginning.. but things always cool down some.

As for your own self... try to take it easy here.  Might it be possible, you are not yet recovered from your own 'recent split'?

Could also be, that you two are at different levels, when you met up... meaning you are not quite there for another real relationship...

Archived