Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I forget, did he have laparoscope surgery? Or a full incision? I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically and my recovery was quick, within about 4-5 days. And it was such a relief to no longer have pain "episodes". My cousin had to have hers removed with a full incision due to her weight and her recovery was longer. 

I'm glad it went well. 

9 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I forget, did he have laparoscope surgery? Or a full incision? I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically and my recovery was quick, within about 4-5 days. And it was such a relief to no longer have pain "episodes". My cousin had to have hers removed with a full incision due to her weight and her recovery was longer. 

I'm glad it went well. 

It was laparoscopically. He should be back at work for next Thursday . However , no lifting more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks and no PT for 6 weeks. They want the abdominal wall to heal. Mine was laparoscopic as well, but I was back to full time baby duty in 3 days because my son was 2 months old . 

4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I lost about 15 pounds in the weeks after surgery. Our bodies have to learn to process fats without a gallbladder to do its job. I did gain the weight back though. 

I hope his recovery is quick and uneventful.

I don’t remember what happened after mine because it was almost 26 years ago, but I am forever left with the gastric affects of intestinal issues. They said it happens sometimes. The surgeon said it happens when your liver opening doesn’t widen enough after surgery. Hope it doesn’t happen to him . 🥴

1 hour ago, itsallgrand said:

Thinking of you. How is your sweetie today? 

Nothing much keeps him down for sure . He is pretty tough physically for a smaller man. ( well small amongst today’s giant men) I made him dinner last night and brought it up. He couldn’t sleep because he had to sleep on his back. But he is up today making his own meals and dressed. So doing pretty well by all accounts . When I had mine out I was puking my brains out for 3 days. 
Thanks for the thoughts 💜

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Nothing much keeps him down for sure . He is pretty tough physically for a smaller man. ( well small amongst today’s giant men) I made him dinner last night and brought it up. He couldn’t sleep because he had to sleep on his back. But he is up today making his own meals and dressed. So doing pretty well by all accounts . When I had mine out I was puking my brains out for 3 days. 
Thanks for the thoughts 💜

Oh that's great news! 

• Like 1

For my darling :

Just what you want to be ; you will be in the end. I love you, ooooh how I love you . 

When I was a very young teen I would listen to this song endlessly and imagine this was romantic love . It rings in my heart today just as loud because it IS my love and he will be what he wants to be and my heart does call out in love for him. 

• Like 1

Something that leaves me terrified to this day… taking ANY medication that doesn’t let me feel like I control falling asleep . You are COMPLETELY  helpless when asleep . You control nothing. Anyone can do anything to you. Also being raped while asleep ( at first)which happened is terrifying. I don’t think I will ever sleep normally. I don’t usually have nightmares anymore and I know I am safe with my husband and son and our community is gated more or less and is in the forest . I am far far less likely to be harmed. But I can’t get that through to my primal brain. 

A friend of mine that I got close to here she wants my help Thursday night . A mutual friend is having problems with her relationship with her wife .My friend said I have only been married a year but you have been married a thousand years do you think you can help? I said I can try. So we are all going to supper Thursday . 

I am so god awful tired again. 8 more working days until holidays . I don’t know if I am getting long in the tooth for childcare , but need to keep working. 

My honey is doing very well with recovery. He is a very healthy person physically. Nothing keeps him down. I remember when he had both achilles tendons decompressed and he was practicing for half marathons in two months after surgery. He was walking unaided on stairs in two days despite being told not to . He isn’t a big man but he is a tough one . 

I can’t wait for holidays . The first part I am going to go see my mother for a few days and get a pedicure done together , eat seafood and chitchat. Come home and scour the house clean and go away for the first portion in the US to see the Jays play the Detroit Tigers. 

Then home for a day to wash clothes and go again this time bringing our son up to Lake Superior as I promised him last Christmas I would take him after we watched a show about it . 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

It is such a hard day, any day we lose a CF member. I know they sign on that line for what may happen to them. It is crushing just the same. One of those killed might be a friend of friends of ours. We have to wait to find out . 

Tragic news

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I am also horrified by the Titanic submersible tragedy. I get panic attacks full on just thinking about it. Even right this minute . I am just horrified. I can’t imagine a worse way to die than knowing you are going to suffocate. 

We are all on edge about the situation!