Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I want to discuss a topic that is really burning me up . It is a very contentious topic though. It is a painful topic. Maybe I will just write it out on my phone and keep it in notes. I am a very very visual person and need to “ see” topics in order to let them go. I am just so incensed about this topic. 

Hubby is sick. He tested and it is negative . He will go to work with a mask tomorrow. We are supposed to visit his elderly aunt this weekend so I said test up until we go. We can always cancel. Most likely a cold though. 

I made him chicken soup and tucked him in bed . 

We are home now. 

I think hubby has strep throat. He is going to sick parade tomorrow. I am a total wreck that he is sick. Since he had his accident and subsequent break downs I am scared and anxious to the point of vomiting when ANYTHING happens to him . I had a half a mg of clonazepam an hour ago which hasn’t done a thing . My stomach feels as hard as a metal trap. 

I am sleeping on the sofa again to avoid catching anything . 

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I'm sorry he's sick. But I'm curious, what is "sick parade"?

Military members when sick must show up at “ sick parade” or first thing in the morning to their medical inspection room because they must have a “ chit” or paperwork and now electronic paperwork stating that they are ill and how long they have been given off duty to their boss. They must report for work unless ill or on leave or you are considered AWOL and can be arrested. The medical inspection room decides if you are too ill for work. 

I knew he had strep. I have had it a million times and I am a carrier . I can’t give  it to people unless I have an acute case. 

Yikes. I had strep and viral bronchitis at the same time several years ago. I was so freaking sick. I NEVER missed work unless I was hospitalized or had surgery and I was out an entire week. I was way sicker than when I had Covid.

I can't imagine trying to work through that. 

He is a brute ,seriously. He has had it since Friday and drove 5 hours to his aunt’s house . Then we did a 6 hour canyon hike Saturday. And by yesterday he caved in and asked me to drive home because he said he couldn’t do it . Today he had an important meeting at 9 AM online so he went in. But serious he is a very tough man physically. He isn’t a big man by any means but tough as a box of rocks . 

Even though I am a carrier I become so so so sick when I have an acute infection my throat swells shut and I can die within a few days so I need immediate care. 

I totally get you about feeling like death with strep. 

I tried to go to work and ended up leaving every time. I finally gave up and realized I needed to stay home. But I'm weird like that. I had pneumonia many years ago and the doctor wrote me an off work order. I altered it from 8 days to 3 days and tried to go back to work even though my fever was over 103 degrees and I felt like hell. Again had to go back home. 

I wonder if your husband has the same weird work ethic I have, where I think it's WRONG to miss a day lol. 

20 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I tried to go to work and ended up leaving every time. I finally gave up and realized I needed to stay home. But I'm weird like that. I had pneumonia many years ago and the doctor wrote me an off work order. I altered it from 8 days to 3 days and tried to go back to work even though my fever was over 103 degrees and I felt like hell. Again had to go back home. 

I wonder if your husband has the same weird work ethic I have, where I think it's WRONG to miss a day lol. 

Hahaha I think that is our generation in general . I am like this too and so is my mom. Work till you drop ethic . 

He has his antibiotics now and should be right as rain in a few days . One more night on the sofa for me then he shouldn’t be contagious anymore or at least very reduced. Because my body is VERY reactive to strep bacteria I can’t chance it . Glad he got what he needed my poor wuggles. He starts as duty officer for his unit tomorrow until next week. 

His new boss is very nice but a real workhorse. She called him last night after we got back for like an hour.😵‍💫 Poor guy, I think he is going to be working for his pay for sure . He has a staff of 8 and when she is on holidays this Friday he takes over her position as well. He did her job for three weeks before she got here . 

The new commandant of the school is very impressed with him and I guess wrote some sort of commendation on his file but he hasn’t seen it yet. He developed a new system of information delivery she very much likes. 

His old toxic AF boss is posted out first week of Sept and he is jumping for joy. Although he had a dust up with her last week and told her one of her pieces of work was substandard and she lost her crap but he didn’t care and didn’t get upset and others agreed it was substandard. 

My honey got the Commandant’s coin today for outstanding service in a job higher than his rank. 

We got an interesting offer while up North this past weekend. Hubby’s one cousin has an empty house up there she will sell to us to far below market rate . It is quite a fixer upper but whatever. Plus she offered me a job at their business. It would mean my son and I moving up there without hubby until he finishes his posting here . However, if he isn’t posted up there, we would be without him until he finishes his career. It would be a place I can move my mom into as well. Plus a safe haven for my son for when we are gone .

Today 3 years ago I saw my dad conscious for the last time . He cried when I left . I love you Daddy. 

I will always be unstoppable daddy . 

All smiles, I know what it takes to fool this town
I'll do it 'til the sun goes down
And all through the nighttime
Oh, yeah
Oh, yeah, I'll tell you what you wanna hear
Leave my sunglasses on while I shed a tear
It's never the right time
Yeah, yeah

I put my armor on, show you how strong I am
I put my armor on, I'll show you that I am

I'm unstoppable
I'm a Porsche with no brakes
I'm invincible
Yeah, I win every single game
I'm so powerful
I don't need batteries to play
I'm so confident
Yeah, I'm unstoppable today

Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
I'm unstoppable today

Break down, only alone I will cry out loud
You'll never see what's hiding out
Hiding out deep down
Yeah, yeah
I know, I've heard that to let your feelings show
Is the only way to make friendships grow
But I'm too afraid now
Yeah, yeah

I'm unstoppable
I'm invincible
I'm so powerful
I'm so confident

Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
I'm unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
I'm unstoppable today

I'm unstoppable
I'm invincible
I'm so powerful
I'm so confident

Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
I'm unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today
Unstoppable today

You and mom made an unstoppable daughter . I will put my armor on and show you how strong I am. I am unstoppable today and every day. 

What a night . My poor hubby he was up all night dealing with someone who got on the wrong side of the law last night . Today has to meet with another person who got on wrong side of the law and be their assisting officer at their trial tomorrow. He also has to be OC and duty tomorrow. I think he was gone most of the night. I went to sleep when he left here at 2:15 then the commandant of the school called at 6:01. He was back up and went to work. 😬

I have no motivation for anything today. I am beat. I did 7 loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher and hand did the pots from lunch. I have to get out there though and get something for supper that is fast and pick up cat litter. I have to drive my son to cards tonight .