Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

A fun fact about me: I have never lived in the city I was born in. My mother’s doctor was affiliated with the hospital in that city, it is the only reason I was born there. My husband was also born in that hospital because it was the closest to where his parents lived . 

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

A fun fact about me: I have never lived in the city I was born in. My mother’s doctor was affiliated with the hospital in that city, it is the only reason I was born there. My husband was also born in that hospital because it was the closest to where his parents lived . 

Same! First thing my little face saw in this world was a nun lol. It was an old school Catholic hospital with nun nurses. 

The house 🥰 ! And I see nice green trees!! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Same! First thing my little face saw in this world was a nun lol. It was an old school Catholic hospital with nun nurses. 

The house 🥰 ! And I see nice green trees!! 

My son was born in a Catholic hospital as well, but no longer run by the Sisters. I was born in a civic hospital but was baptized at 3 or 4 weeks old . In the same Church my parents were married by the same priest. The priest who baptized me also baptized our priest at our last posting! We were born in the same city funny enough. The priest who baptized me died about 10 years ago now . 

Where we are going to is another really outdoors community with about 14,000 people. It is near enough to Algonquin Park. I just talked with my husband’s cousin and we are taking it . Everything has to be planned out but my mom and I are going up 9 Sept to plan everything and see what we have to take or get rid of . 

Thanks about the house ! I just want a safe place for my son when we die that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Plus my mom won’t have to be alone . 

So my doctor is taking me off my anti anxiety med because it is now proven to greatly increase the chances of dementia if used long term. I have been on it 11 years. So tomorrow he is putting me on mirtazapine. Unfortunately, mirtazapine makes me very groggy and bad tempered the next morning. He said to struggle through it for several weeks and see how it goes. 

38 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I don't like taking Trazodone because it does the same thing, makes me feel groggy the next day. So I only take it when I must sleep and I only take half a pill. 

This one is for sleep and anxiety and depression. They said the groggy will get better after a few weeks . I am hoping so because I can’t operate like this . 

My doctor prescribed the Trazodone for those exact same conditions, but I stopped taking it daily about two years ago. I only take it now if I have been experiencing insomnia and absolutely must sleep. Taking half a pill reduces the grogginess.

I don't specifically recall if I was groggy when I took it daily but I don't think I was. 

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

My doctor prescribed the Trazodone for those exact same conditions, but I stopped taking it daily about two years ago. I only take it now if I have been experiencing insomnia and absolutely must sleep. Taking half a pill reduces the grogginess.

I don't specifically recall if I was groggy when I took it daily but I don't think I was. 

I already cut the pill in half . 🤣 It is 15 mg but my doctor said to start at 7.5 mg and if that doesn’t work go to 15 etc and we would move up accordingly . I don’t know but I am too stoned to be anxious 🥴🤣It is starting to wear off now and now I am just tired . But he said that will be better once my brain gets used to it. At least I won’t be suffering withdrawal from the other med because this one is so sedating right now .