Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

7 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

So, they are checking my husband for cancer. They think it is a 20% chance he might . Sigh. 

I'm sorry to hear that.  What kind of cancer is he being checked for?

My ex husband had two bouts with basal cell carcinoma.  He was successfully treated and is healthy today.

12 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm sorry to hear that.  What kind of cancer is he being checked for?

My ex husband had two bouts with basal cell carcinoma.  He was successfully treated and is healthy today.

He has nodules inside his face that they found on an ultrasound. I have no idea . But his mom and sibling have had cancer . 

1 hour ago, Jibralta said:

Oh no. How did his mom and sibling fare?

His mom had cancer 3 times , the last time at 84. She is still alive and doing well at 87. His sister had growths removed about 6 years ago and is still fine . He also goes for his colonoscopy in 2 weeks . He had to have one 5 years ago because his sister had colon cancer. So he has to have a colonoscopy every 5 years. He had benign  polyps removed last time.  
He does seem very healthy though and in no pain which the doctor seems happy about but she still has some concern about the nodules. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

The doctor wants to do another US first. Whatever it is is deep inside his face . So before they open up his face they want to possible find out more by US first. 

Ugh. 
But at least the odds are in his favor.

The hard part is the waiting to find out yes or no.

Prayers for him and your family!

• Like 1
Just now, luminousone said:

Ugh. 

Wait - did he have COVID recently? Could be lymph nodes or inflammation. My office mate said that after COVID she had dizziness and tinnitus, and the ENT said that he had so many patients with similar post-COVID long term symptoms.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, luminousone said:

Wait - did he have COVID recently? Could be lymph nodes or inflammation. My office mate said that after COVID she had dizziness and tinnitus, and the ENT said that he had so many patients with similar post-COVID long term symptoms.

Nope. We haven’t had Covid and the Dr said it is not near the lymph nodes. 

25 minutes ago, luminousone said:

Ugh. 

They are worried because his mom had cancer 3 times and his only sibling had cancer as well. Both survived but as you know far more likely if you have 2 first line relatives have cancer . 

I have been a little MIA for a bit . Just processing what is happening in my family right now . Just a lot of grief lately . I have also been concentrating on another issue not really important in the scheme of life but something I am a bit interested in. 
Last weekend we went to view the truck rally/protest in Toronto . My husband of course can’t join in. We just wanted to see for ourselves. Hubby was very upset about people standing on War memorials but of course can’t get involved in a rabble. 

Next Wed I am headed back to T to get my son’s teeth cleaned and see J. I have to go see my mom soon and stay over with her . Maybe next Friday. 

Tonight we have a good friend probably coming for supper . She is going to tell us why she is getting out of the CF. 

9 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I have been a little MIA for a bit . Just processing what is happening in my family right now . Just a lot of grief lately . I have also been concentrating on another issue not really important in the scheme of life but something I am a bit interested in. 

I thought maybe you were just spending a lot of time outside, as you'd planned. I felt some envy! 

Dealing with grief is good, painful though it is. It's also good to concentrate on non-critical interests.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, Jibralta said:

I thought maybe you were just spending a lot of time outside, as you'd planned. I felt some envy! 

Dealing with grief is good, painful though it is. It's also good to concentrate on non-critical interests.

We have had a few thaws and then deep cold so everything is a skating rink unfortunately. And when cold it has been -32C cold, makes my asthma difficult for hiking. March should bring a thaw though.