Jump to content

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)


Seraphim
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Are you all OK?

Yes, it wasn’t too serious . My husband tried backing up in a service station to give someone more room at the pump and slammed into someone turning into the station. Our vehicle is ok. The other had a tiny bit of damage. 
 

My nerves are just toast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Yes, it wasn’t too serious . My husband tried backing up in a service station to give someone more room at the pump and slammed into someone turning into the station. Our vehicle is ok. The other had a tiny bit of damage. 
 

My nerves are just toast. 

I'm glad no one was injured. But yes, those incidents are still upsetting and unnerving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I mentioned in my thread hubby doesn’t have cancer just a nodule on the thyroid that they will watch. 
 

He was directly exposed to Covid at work on Wednesday. Hopefully we don’t get it. This is now the 4th direct exposure we have had as a family. Keep crossing fingers . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

As I mentioned in my thread hubby doesn’t have cancer just a nodule on the thyroid that they will watch. 
 

He was directly exposed to Covid at work on Wednesday. Hopefully we don’t get it. This is now the 4th direct exposure we have had as a family. Keep crossing fingers . 

Excellent news Seraphim! You must be very relieved! 
 

x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we're all exposed more often than we realize. There's no way we're going to stores, events and restaurants and not encountering someone who's infected. But with being vaccinated and boosted (at least, I am boosted!) we have a much smaller chance of becoming seriously sick. I had it and even with my multitude of medical conditions I didn't get badly sick or require hospitalization even though it was before the vaccine was available.

Wishing you and your family the best.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

I think we're all exposed more often than we realize. There's no way we're going to stores, events and restaurants and not encountering someone who's infected. But with being vaccinated and boosted (at least, I am boosted!) we have a much smaller chance of becoming seriously sick. I had it and even with my multitude of medical conditions I didn't get badly sick or require hospitalization even though it was before the vaccine was available.

Wishing you and your family the best.

So far we haven’t caught it . My husband and I are triple vaccinated, our son double. I am sure we would come out ok. I just don’t want it but it is rampant on the base right now . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My mom found her hearing aid! Yay!! It was in the carpet of her powder room . She ran in from groceries to go to the bathroom ripped off her mask and didn’t realize the took her hearing aid with it . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

So, I am sick since yesterday. I have taken 2 Covid tests which are negative. 

Sorry you are sick!

In my experience it took about five days from exposure to positive test. So maybe wait a couple more days and test again. If it's still negative you're probably Covid negative for sure.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. Good old fluids, hot tea and soup, vitamins D and C and zinc and rest! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Sorry you are sick!

In my experience it took about five days from exposure to positive test. So maybe wait a couple more days and test again. If it's still negative you're probably Covid negative for sure.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. Good old fluids, hot tea and soup, vitamins D and C and zinc and rest! Hope you're feeling better soon.

I was feeling a bit funny Friday and Sat and full blown symptoms yesterday except the cough. No cough. Just major congestion and headache and post nasal drip but I commonly get allergies and sinus infections in the Spring. So with no cough which seems to be a major symptom of Covid. 🤷🏻‍♀️I don’t know. 
 

My husband had a direct exposure at work on Wed. Someone with a sore throat and coughing. She tested positive. He has no symptoms and tested negative twice as well. 
 

So , I don’t know . 
 

Here you can not isolate if you test negative on a rapid test and if you test positive you can come out of isolation 5 days after symptoms start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been alternating Chaga Tea and Peppermint and ginger tea with Zinc. Far less chaga though because you don’t want to poison yourself . Chaga reduces inflammation though. So one cup a day while sick. Plus I am taking a C&D vitamin as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was told to isolate even if I hadn't received a positive test, particularly since the home tests are less accurate than lab tests.

The last time I believe I had Covid which was earlier this year I just stayed home and when I went grocery shopping I wore a mask and went early in the morning to minimize contact. Any other shopping I had to do I did online or did drive up pickup. I felt sick for about three weeks. 

Oh, and I never had a cough. Never had a fever or shortness of breath either. My symptoms were sore throat, body aches, congestion, sneezing and a headache. The headache and body aches were the worst, with the sore throat a close third.

Sounds like you're doing everything you need to do in order to feel better. Hope you're feeling better very soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I was told to isolate even if I hadn't received a positive test, particularly since the home tests are less accurate than lab tests.

The last time I believe I had Covid which was earlier this year I just stayed home and when I went grocery shopping I wore a mask and went early in the morning to minimize contact. Any other shopping I had to do I did online or did drive up pickup. I felt sick for about three weeks. 

Oh, and I never had a cough. Never had a fever or shortness of breath either. My symptoms were sore throat, body aches, congestion, sneezing and a headache. The headache and body aches were the worst, with the sore throat a close third.

Sounds like you're doing everything you need to do in order to feel better. Hope you're feeling better very soon.

I have no body aches at all just congestion in the nose and the only time I sneezed was doing the test. Doing the test had me sneezing like crazy and my eyes watered . To me feels very minor. To chest congestion nothing and my boys are fine. Here you can’t get a lab test unless you are slated for surgery or literally dying. They don’t care and don’t have enough staff or time or tests. So they said if you test negative carry on as normal , test positive isolate for 5 days and if you are improving carry on as normal you are past contagious stage anyway. You are most contagious before symptoms. My son and husband are fine. Tomorrow is day five and I am better every day. So I don’t know. My daycare kiddos and families have all had it more than once. Sooo….. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the early days here it as only lab test and you waited for hours and hours and then you could make an appointment and now with the positivity rate at 20% and a really high vaccination rate they don’t care unless you are really sick and or need surgery. 
One of my SIL’s was sent home before surgery Sat because she tested positive and the entire family tested positive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here it's the opposite. There are testing facilities that shut down because no one was going to them. The one that's near my apartment has a fairly large outdoor setup and during the holiday season it was packed. But before and since there were only a handful of customers. I was able to walk right up. That facility is still open for free testing as are many other facilities for walkup testing along with most of the chain pharmacies such as CVS and Walgreens. 

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better each day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thankfully, we are coming down the backside of the 6th wave here in Canada. I have avoided every single illness until now which is great. If it is Covid it is very mild and so far my boys are good. So here is to crossing our fingers. 

Edited by Seraphim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My step brother and wife and family are super sick. They all tested positive Saturday. They are burning up with a fever and coughing and hacking and throwing up. They are worried about my great nephew who is 18 months. They are sticking it out  at home for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...