Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

11 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Yikes! Which one did you get?

AstraZeneca apparently it has larger side effects on younger people due to the immune system still working well. It started about 14 hours after the injection. I’m glad I got it on a Friday that way I can just rest on the weekend and be OK for work Monday my second shot is also on a Friday. Apparently the side effects of the second shot are worse. 😳

51 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

AstraZeneca apparently it has larger side effects on younger people due to the immune system still working well. It started about 14 hours after the injection. I’m glad I got it on a Friday that way I can just rest on the weekend and be OK for work Monday my second shot is also on a Friday. Apparently the side effects of the second shot are worse. 😳

Your body is a machine!  A well oiled machine.  Repeat.  LOL.  

Beats the ventilator.  Just keep telling yourself that.  Hugs! 

• Like 1

We don't have the AZ vaccine in the US. I got the Pfizer. Zero side effects except for a sore arm. Since I already had Covid I imagined my antibodies saying "Oh, this again? We already fought this guy and won, we kicked his butt, so this is an 'easy out!" 

Perhaps the second time will be easier on you. I hope so.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

We don't have the AZ vaccine in the US. I got the Pfizer. Zero side effects except for a sore arm. Since I already had Covid I imagined my antibodies saying "Oh, this again? We already fought this guy and won, we kicked his butt, so this is an 'easy out!" 

Perhaps the second time will be easier on you. I hope so.

I hope so. Since my body mounted a big response the first time hopefully the second time it says eh whatever. 

I just got the first moderna shot a few days ago. I had almost no side effects. Just a little soreness and itchiness at the injection site. A brief headache a couple hours later, possibly some sweating--15 minutes tops. Probably more like 10. May have had a low grade fever because my sleep was a little disturbed that night. The next day when I woke up, I had a mild headache. Took some tylenol and it was gone. Not too thrilled about getting vaccinated, but I it was the path of least resistance. And I have the same attitude about it that I have towards Covid: I'd rather die than live in fear of something. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jibralta said:

I just got the first moderna shot a few days ago. I had almost no side effects. Just a little soreness and itchiness at the injection site. A brief headache a couple hours later, possibly some sweating--15 minutes tops. Probably more like 10. May have had a low grade fever because my sleep was a little disturbed that night. The next day when I woke up, I had a mild headache. Took some tylenol and it was gone. Not too thrilled about getting vaccinated, but I it was the path of least resistance. And I have the same attitude about it that I have towards Covid: I'd rather die than live in fear of something. 

I think it could be because Moderna and Pfizer are made on a differently than AstraZeneca. It seems the MRNA vaccines have less side effects for a lot of people. AstraZeneca seems to be kicking a lot of behind. They say one in 10 have a lot of effects. 

On 4/22/2021 at 6:12 AM, Seraphim said:

My son on the other hand thinks I’m drinking the Kool-Aid and is pleading with me not to do it. He said one day they’re going to flip the Killswitch and we’re all going to die. A sign of the world take over, a mark of the Beast . 

I can’t say there isn’t funky crap going on , but..., 

and he said he won’t be vaccinated and I can’t make him. 

OMG, my son says all that too! 

• Like 1

So my accountant called me yesterday, initially I owed about $3000 in taxes but I had forgot some credits and she asked me numbers for some new ones. So I owe close to what my husband gets back so I can pay my bill hopefully with that. Next year should be better .

I get anxious when my son walks around town to get his lunch but I can’t really stop him as he is almost 24. But he has had such a bad time with it due to Covid craziness in people. 

30 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Aww so sweet.  We've never done a cake before... I may have to try this ❤️ .

My husband loves loves loves cake . Hell he loves sugar period... lol. Unfortunately, when he was a toddler his mom would pour white sugar on his food to get him to eat it and send bags of cookies for his lunch at school because he would eat that. She also fed him tea from the time he was four years old. 

He will certainly love it. I ordered it from one of my fellow military spouses on the base she makes cakes. 

It kind of lends  into a sort of funny story about our wedding. So when we got married we didn’t have a big freezer to put our wedding cake into so we left it at my mom’s in her chest freezer. Then we went on our honeymoon. We came home 10 days later and I thought I would have a piece of my wedding cake and went to pick it up at my mother’s. In the meantime my stepfather who is also a massive sugar hound had asked my mom if I would mind if I he had a piece of my wedding cake. She said of course not but what she didn’t know is that he had a piece for breakfast lunch and supper every single day and before he knew it it was gone. So when I came home my wedding cake was completely gone. I was just so devastated and started to cry. So on my 1 st anniversary he bought me a replica cake and subsequently ate that whole cake too. 😂

So this is a cake he can’t eat. 😂 mind you I can only have a tiny piece myself and then my husband will have to eat the rest. Now my stepdad at 81 is also a diabetic but he only became a diabetic at 81. 

• Like 1