Jump to content

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)


Seraphim
 Share

Recommended Posts

So , I ordered these shoes. $200 here in Canada 🤯 I am hoping they fit . Part of our lockdown order is that you can only buy food and medications and cleaning supplies and that is it. No clothing ,no shoes no toys nothing. The only way around that law  is Amazon or stores that ship. It is an effort to keep people where they belong in their own towns and not going to outlying regions to buy stuff they can’t get at home. For over a year we’ve had supply limits on almost everything. You can only buy one cleaning product you can only buy one pack of toilet paper you can only buy two packets of any kind of meat you can only buy two cases of drinks, you get my drift. It has been EXHAUSTING and lends to the mental state that we are in a cage. Exercise has been the only thing that’s really keeping my sh*t together. I really hope the shoes fit and they’re comfortable because I really don’t want to of thrown $200 bucks in the trash. 

8EB98D02-629C-4903-BB55-4E706A3D5233.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Seraphim said:

So , I ordered these shoes. $200 here in Canada 🤯 I am hoping they fit . Part of our lockdown order is that you can only buy food and medications and cleaning supplies and that is it. No clothing ,no shoes no toys nothing. The only way around that law  is Amazon or stores that ship. It is an effort to keep people where they belong in their own towns and not going to outlying regions to buy stuff they can’t get at home. For over a year we’ve had supply limits on almost everything. You can only buy one cleaning product you can only buy one pack of toilet paper you can only buy two packets of any kind of meat you can only buy two cases of drinks, you get my drift. It has been EXHAUSTING and lends to the mental state that we are in a cage. Exercise has been the only thing that’s really keeping my sh*t together. I really hope the shoes fit and they’re comfortable because I really don’t want to of thrown $200 bucks in the trash. 

8EB98D02-629C-4903-BB55-4E706A3D5233.png

Wow, you guys certainly have gone back to the March 2020 ways.  Those shoes are cute though!  Let me know if there’s anything you need(although probably by the time it gets to you your lockdown will be over 😂).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cheetarah said:

Wow, you guys certainly have gone back to the March 2020 ways.  Those shoes are cute though!  Let me know if there’s anything you need(although probably by the time it gets to you your lockdown will be over 😂).  

Omg it is nuts. 
Yeah, god knows when it would get here 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cheetarah said:

For real this time?!

According to my mom it is real this time. Two of his kids will be above 18 this year. The oldest will be 20 , the middle will be 18 in July and the youngest is 15. 

Edited by Seraphim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

According to my mom it is real this time. Two of his kids will be above 18 this year. The oldest will be 20 , the middle will be 18 in July and the youngest is 15. 

Waaaay overdue!  I hope he goes through with it this go. 

Your brother is a very good looking guy as well, so if he’s in the market I’ve no doubt he will find someone.  😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cheetarah said:

Waaaay overdue!  I hope he goes through with it this go. 

Your brother is a very good looking guy as well, so if he’s in the market I’ve no doubt he will find someone.  😆

I hope so too. The day of our dad’s funeral he quit his job and started his own company and apparently he is racking it in hand over fist. 
He has someone already that he has been going out with for 6 years. He called me about three months ago and said in a moment of stupidity he asked her to marry him and how can he get out of it. Then they broke up for a few weeks last month but now they are back together again. He’s terrified to commit to another human being, ever. I think over the 20 years of his marriage he was just so traumatized I’m not sure how he’s going to get over it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Then they broke up for a few weeks last month but now they are back together again. He’s terrified to commit to another human being, ever. I think over the 20 years of his marriage he was just so traumatized I’m not sure how he’s going to get over it. 

It seems like, in my experience, that is very normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

It seems like, in my experience, that is very normal.

He was very very abused in his marriage and of course his relationship with his father so he is terrified to make another commitment other than to his daughters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Congrats on his success!  That's great 😍

I guess his old employer took a massive kicking . He took over 90% of his clients with him. So he pulled a few hundred million dollars worth of clients out of their business. But he is very happy his boss was a massive jerk. He was terrified to go out on his own and knew he was going to get sued but he finally got to a point he didn’t care and it has panned out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay , I am so effen frustrated. Vaccines for my area have been redirected now to hotspots in Ontario. And the US is sitting on 20 million doses of Astra Zeneca that it has no plans to ever use. Why??????? If you are not using it hand it over either to us or another nation that desperately needs it don’t let it expire in some friggin warehouse. 😡😡😡😡😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Okay , I am so effen frustrated. Vaccines for my area have been redirected now to hotspots in Ontario. And the US is sitting on 20 million doses of Astra Zeneca that it has no plans to ever use. Why??????? If you are not using it hand it over either to us or another nation that desperately needs it don’t let it expire in some friggin warehouse. 😡😡😡😡😡

I was wondering if you had gotten an appointment- and you answered my question.

Not sure why they are holding onto it right now? Something about concerns of blood clots like with the J and J vaccine? Except the blood clot issue is rare. Women are more likely to develop blood clots on oral contraceptives. 
 

I hope some Moderna or Pfizer come your way very soon!

I had never heard a discussion on this here - but it makes sense to vaccinate active military members and their families for the safety of the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, luminousone said:

I was wondering if you had gotten an appointment- and you answered my question.

Not sure why they are holding onto it right now? Something about concerns of blood clots like with the J and J vaccine? Except the blood clot issue is rare. Women are more likely to develop blood clots on oral contraceptives. 
 

I hope some Moderna or Pfizer come your way very soon!

I had never heard a discussion on this here - but it makes sense to vaccinate active military members and their families for the safety of the country. 

My husband is a priority 4 out of 5 priority levels. He might be May. Moderna has been slow and not delivering on time. Pfizer much better delivers on time and the right amount but it is being saved for above 75. Johnson and Johnson hasn’t shown up to the party yet and Astra Zeneca is a trickle. 
Canada has approved all vaccines . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...