Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

9 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I was going to say... Wellbutrin is what they give people to quit smoking (like Zyban). It's an antidepressant, but one of the side effects is that people stop smoking!

I took it about 15 years ago to help me stop smoking (It didn't work, I smoked right through it. I ended up quitting by myself).

While I was on it, multiple people (including my boss and my personal trainer) asked me, "What's wrong? You're really zoned out?" I didn't notice any difference in me, but apparently I was zombie-like. 

Yeah he wants to but me on Effexor but I am just as suspicious of SNRI’s as I am SSRI’s. But I can only try it on a weekend because I can’t try it caring for kids. If I have a psychotic episode like I did with Zoloft I can’t have kids here to witness it. 

I would like to say I am enjoying the time off I was dying to enjoy. On some level I am. My house is much quieter and less messy without kids in it and I can talk to my own family and watch and do as I please so on that level it is great. 

On another level it gives me a lot of time to find things to worry about . There is nowhere to go and nothing to do. BOREDOM. 

Yes, it's definitely a conundrum. On the one hand it's so nice to have peace and quiet, on the other hand it can make the mind think too much and the boredom does creep in.

I can totally relate to that.

Has your daycare closed down? Any idea of when it's opening up again?

I'm glad that you and your family are doing okay.

7 hours ago, SherrySher said:

Yes, it's definitely a conundrum. On the one hand it's so nice to have peace and quiet, on the other hand it can make the mind think too much and the boredom does creep in.

I can totally relate to that.

Has your daycare closed down? Any idea of when it's opening up again?

I'm glad that you and your family are doing okay.

I reopen on the 6th of January . Even if we are in lockdown childcare can continue . 

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I reopen on the 6th of January . Even if we are in lockdown childcare can continue . 

That's good news, so many are out of work with so many places going into another lockdown.

I feel sorry for lots of people. I've seen lots posting over the holidays not even sure where their groceries are going to come from. 😞 I pray this pandemic is over soon.

Yes. I have seen all of them. I remember seeing the very first Star Wars when it came out I think I was like 10 years old. I remember the ambiance of the theatre when the movie ended. Everybody was just thunderstruck. You could’ve heard a pin drop. They were STUNNED. George Lucas hit it right out of the park. 

My brother who was 6 was terrified of the Cantina scene though. 

I believe we were on holidays in Montana when we saw it. 

Then I remember when the second one came out I stood in line for hours to get a ticket and I was interviewed by a radio station in Vancouver, BC. I was 13. 

My son is a massive Star Wars afficionado. He could even tell you if they used the wrong Yoda puppet in what movie. If the tinge of the colour was wrong in some thing. He hates what Disney has done to the storyline and the movies. He is extremely pro George. He knows every offshoot storyline etc etc. I would say it’s one of his special interests. And he has been interested in directors and director cuts and everything about directing since he’s been about three. 

These  three particular scenes remind me of me and my father’s family. 

• Like 1
On 12/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, Seraphim said:

I would like to say I am enjoying the time off I was dying to enjoy. On some level I am. My house is much quieter and less messy without kids in it and I can talk to my own family and watch and do as I please so on that level it is great. 

On another level it gives me a lot of time to find things to worry about . There is nowhere to go and nothing to do. BOREDOM. 

Bake or make bread 🙂 if you can find flour on the shelf. lol