Met a Potential New Friend Yesterday ...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you mean? The link you posted was a post from another poster, ironi.

I've never posted about this woman before, I just met her.

She approached me in the mall. :)

I was being tongue and cheek because

Have any of you been successful in any groups? what groups where they? I would love to meet new friends and now its so difficult - you can't go up to people and spark conversations then exchange details - I met a girl through mutual friends I really got on with her throughout dinner and clubbing but when I asked for her mobile number she went all weird like I was asking her out. How are you connecting with people nowadays? Ladies do you go to bars/clubs by yourself?

Oh I see thnx for clarifying!

I guess I didn't get the joke as neither she nor I feel that way -- that it's weird for women to ask for numbers and suggest dinner.

It's my boyfriend who thinks it's weird (and Liitler, lol). Which got me thinking, hence this thread.

So when you asked "same girl"? I had no idea who you were referring to.

But I get it now, again appreciate your clarifying. :D

In thinking about this more, perhaps the real issue is that I place too much value on what my boyfriend thinks!! Lol

I didn't think anything of it, other than I made a new friend; I should have let my boyfriend's comment go in one ear and out the other. Instead of questioning my own judgment about it.

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to explore this further within myself me thinks.

:p @ myself.

Tnx again everyone!

In thinking about this more, perhaps the real issue is that I place too much value on what my boyfriend thinks!! Lol

I didn't think anything of it, other than I made a new friend; I should have let my boyfriend's comment go in one ear and out the other. Instead of questioning my own judgment about it.

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to explore this further within myself me thinks.

:p @ myself.

Tnx again everyone!

I suppose that's possible. My first thought wasn't about you and your boyfriend's dynamic, but your particular interest as to why I, your boyfriend or others would have differing theories as to this woman's true intentions. There isn't anything wrong with all of this, but your curiosity, especially about how sex/gender might sway someone's opinions is notable (at least to me).

Lol, no worries Bat, but if MLM was on her her agenda, I promise you I'd know by now! :D

She's not "courting" me lol, I texted her yesterday, we chatted for for a bit then mutually decided on a place that was affordable to both of us.

So yeah it appears I've made a new friend! Yay for me, I don't have enough friends out here!

Back east yes, from way back, but out here, people come and go.

Great!! Please update. And I think it's fine when a partner's judgment/take on things causes a double take and a new way of thinking about things - it's all about balance -it doesn't seem to me you always question yourself based on what your boyfriend says. My husband gave me his take on a work related issue a few months ago and it was just what I needed -really opened my eyes to a new way of thinking about things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived