accepting your parents don't love you, is it possible ?

I've thought about this before but I have younger siblings that are cared for and treated well and I don't want to risk anything happening to them

Do your siblings live with your mom or your dad? How do you know they are being cared for and treated well? If you're not around/not living with them, they could be abused too. You need to tell your teachers or a school counsellor about what is going on at home.

I've thought about this before but I have younger siblings that are cared for and treated well and I don't want to risk anything happening to them

I would still report this to a trusted adult. When I was 13 and being starved and raped I would have prayed for someone to report this. For your own safety pls do.

Depending on your background, culture, experiences and whatnot you'll have a different view on what love truly is. The best we can do is accept the way people are and forgive those that wronged us so we can heal.

BUT accepting that people are who they are and forgiving them doesn't mean we need to tolerate behaviour that is damaging to us and others. Abuse is never okay! Please talk to a trusted teacher or counselor at your school immediately.

You and your siblings are worth it!

Can you clarify the question? Are you asking if she was abused? She was not, I was, and I found out when I was an adult (married with kids) that she knew I was being molested and did nothing.

I was asking if you had the opportunity to confront her on her neglect and failure to stop the abuse? If so, what did she say?

Horrible! That she did nothing.

I was asking if you had the opportunity to confront her on her neglect and failure to stop the abuse? If so, what did she say?

Horrible! That she did nothing.

Just to be clear, she did NOT neglect me. I don't think I wrote that she did. She made great personal sacrifices to make sure we kids were fed, clothed, housed and were able to participate in activities.

I did say she resented me and was jealous of me.

No, I did not confront her because I had no idea until I was an adult that she knew about the molestation. I think she feared being a single mother and doing something about the abuse would have broken up the family. It did affect how I felt about her, of course.

OP, do you have a family member or trusted adult you can confide in?

We cannot responsibly advise you as a minor to do anything other than to report to those with the responsibility and facilities to help you navigate this issue, namely your school counseling services. You can't kick adult residents out of their home, never mind a child. Unless you're embellishing the issue and "getting kicked out" really means you voluntarily take a hike, it's incredibly illegal for your custodial parent to be sending you packing to the streets. You could go straight to police when it happens again, but I'd encourage you to preempt that and go with your school professionals who are trained and hopefully experienced in sensitively navigating issues within the home. CPS isn't going to come the next day and remove your younger siblings from your home.

Just to be clear, she did NOT neglect me. I don't think I wrote that she did. She made great personal sacrifices to make sure we kids were fed, clothed, housed and were able to participate in activities.

I did say she resented me and was jealous of me.

No, I did not confront her because I had no idea until I was an adult that she knew about the molestation. I think she feared being a single mother and doing something about the abuse would have broken up the family. It did affect how I felt about her, of course.

OP, do you have a family member or trusted adult you can confide in?

The neglect I was speaking of, was not protecting you from the molestation.

Archived