What does it mean why a girl responses with "awwwwww" ?

BrokenGator

What do you mean? I don't get the context of this conversation at all.

OK I'll give more detail. She was going through a box that had some of her old stuff and she found a bunch of her stuffed bears. I don't remember what we were saying but I said something along the lines of how cool it is to find old toys from our childhood... blah blah... and you can reminisce by playing them again. And she then told me ok, "you can be daddy bear". So I decided to say someting flirty back and her response back was "awwww".

I don't think I've ever heard of a time "awwwwww" in response to a flirt or forward comment didn't mean "yeah, this is going / went too far." Not saying she's not interested in you, but my guess is that the messages you omitted which led to her "papa bear" comment might not have made it as suggestive as the limited context we've been given might imply.

I sometimes reply "awwww" when I feel what was said wasn't interesting enough for me to be bothered to continue conversation...

But that's just me lol

I don't think I have ever replied "awwww" to anything a man has said to me, ever, and never would especially a man I have romantic feelings for.

Yes it's "cute" but somehow I don't think men (again especially a man you're dating and/or flirting with) relish being referred to as cute, or implying what they say as cute. It's just not something I would ever think of saying.

I might have learned that from my late dad, a U.S. Marine, I once referred to him as cute and he got insulted and said "don't ever refer to me as "cute" again"! lol

If anything I can be a bit of a smartarse and would most likely reply back with something along those lines, or something more flirty/suggestive (assuming we were dating).

So I sort of get why the OP is a bit put off by it.

I don't think I have ever replied "awwww" to anything a man has said to me, ever, and never would especially a man I have romantic feelings for.

Yes it's "cute" but somehow I don't think men (again especially a man you're dating and/or flirting with) relish being referred to as cute, or implying what they say as cute. It's just not something I would ever think of saying.

I might have learned that from my late dad, a U.S. Marine, I once referred to him as cute and he got insulted and said "don't ever refer to me as "cute" again"! lol

If anything I can be a bit of a smartarse and would most likely reply back with something along those lines, or something more flirty/suggestive (assuming we were dating).

So I sort of get why the OP is a bit put off by it.

I suppose you are right in terms of someone you are actually dating.

I have never done this with someone I'm dating. As by this point I'm very engaged by someone. So never need to brush off a comment when dating. As I tend to date people with a similar sense of humour as me. So conversations tend to flow via text just like it does in person.

It was literally the pre-dating stage and still on an app or something.

Sorry I should have clarified...I know this is my problem.

But that said... The "awww" symbolises disinterested for me before meeting them. Then the conversation fizzles or I say sorry I'm not interested in meeting and wish them the best.

So if someone said "awww" to me I would take that as disinterest to not want to flirt with me. Especially if we are dating. I personally would be a little taken back if a guy I dated and was being flirt with did that do me.

But that's just me really... So if they have been dating and all she could say was that. I would be concerned and like the OP want views.

Hopefully it was a case she didn't know how to continue the conversation... Maybe she isn't comfortable with flirting despite starting it.

Granted I like my men to be a bit dominant and masculine (not controlling or "macho" those are different things), and I see "awwww" as cute and feminine, which is why it would never occur to me say it to them.

I do realize some men like being called cute and having women replying "awwww" and using words like "wanna come over and cuddle?" lol, but again with the men I date, these things wouldn't be things I'd be inclined to say.

I mean, I've said "awwww, that's so cute!" before while with my bf, in response to something else I just watched or witnessed, just not in response to anything he would say, if that makes sense.

Edit: @JellyBean, yeah it might be something I would say when not interested though.

I've definitely said "aww that's sweet" in a realationship. Like an ex said he missed me as I was away. I said "aww that's sweet" followed by "I miss you too". They were fine with it we were together for years.

Where we don't have the context of the OPs relationship properly. It's hard to say.

I would just reply "aww" to something. Especially if the guy you are messaging is trying to flirt with you. As to me that would knock their confidence to flirt in the future.

It's a funny thing that begining stage...it's like do you flirt or do you not. If you do will it be reciprocated okay. A reply of "awww" would make me feel it wasn't seen as "okay".

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this. I just feel like if she was interested she could say something better than "awww"

As guys have said super cringy things to me on dating apps and I've said "awww" and they gave got the message.

I just don't see why you would make someone doubt your interest with "aww" but then the dating super crazy and I haven't mastered it myself.

So maybe her "awww" is she is super interested lol

I am curious to know what the OP would have preferred she say!

I'm thinking something more flirty, more suggestive, but then again to the OP, what you said "only if you're mama bear;" wasn't exactly flirty or suggestive either even though that was your intention (so you said).

Messaging is a great way to escalate things and test boundaries, next time kick it up a notch and gauge her response.

I have replied with "awwwwwww" when I am overwhelmed by a compliment or a deed that they did and can't find the right words... granted I do tend to be a little more childlike than many grown a$$ adults haha.... but it's usually more like "awwwww that is so sweet, thank you!" or "awwwww you are such a great dad" or something like that.

So yes I guess it correlates with what others were saying... it isn't a term one uses when they are responding to or trying to be sexy or flirty... sounds like she thought it was cute and adorable but probably didn't find it alluring.

I don’t see how the OP could interpret her response as being anything other than something positive.

I mean, she intiated the whole teddy bear role playing scenario, so I’m guessing she likes the cutesy stuff.

She replied with ‘aw’ because she thought your response was cute or nice, sweet...any one of these.

I mean, how else does one respond when you’re discussing teddybears? 🤷♀️

Archived