Refuses to be forgotten? Ex and his pointless contact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems that most agree with what I have written. Hmmm. When people treat me poorly, I do not continue to deal with them. Why would I. I would value myself enough to surround myself with people who respect me and treat me well.

Cool, I'm not sure if I'm one of those people so why do you keep circling back here to take jabs at me?

I'm sorry, that you see it as "jabs." I was trying to point out things, but you choose to get defensive and deflect .

Just blocked him on IG as per everyones advice. Now I'm sad that all the beautiful photos he had taken of me that were tagged have disappeared. Oh well at least he will know I MEAN BUSINESS! Right?

Good. Now, block from texts and all social media..

You should not care what he thinks, though. You are doing this for you.

Whoa—things got spicy over here!

OP, I know it's hard when you post on a site like this and a number of digitized strangers have a story that doesn't match your own. And, no, we of course don't know you, your whole story. But I hope some of what's coming out here is seeping in, and I say that as someone who has a long history of holding onto things don't need holding onto.

My general rule with breakups, to say nothing of past wounds, is that everyone is always—ALWAYS—a bit more wounded than they know. You, me, every poster on here. It's kind of the human state. Sometimes just being able to acknowledge that is the thing that allows us to move past it.

For instance, the blocking on IG? It's not about him knowing that you "really mean business"—but just about meaning business, for yourself, so you can end this chapter and focus on the real one, the present, that you're actually living.

So, sure, take moment to imagine him discovering the "user not found" page when he goes to your profile. Imagine him squirming a bit. Revel in that for a second. Does it really feel that good and productive? Probably not.

That's because it's a game with no end.

So, take moment to acknowledge that. You'd LIKE to not be thinking along these terms, playing these games, so now is the point where you STOP.

Whoa—things got spicy over here!

OP, I know it's hard when you post on a site like this and a number of digitized strangers have a story that doesn't match your own. And, no, we of course don't know you, your whole story. But I hope some of what's coming out here is seeping in, and I say that as someone who has a long history of holding onto things don't need holding onto.

My general rule with breakups, to say nothing of past wounds, is that everyone is always—ALWAYS—a bit more wounded than they know. You, me, every poster on here. It's kind of the human state. Sometimes just being able to acknowledge that is the thing that allows us to move past it.

For instance, the blocking on IG? It's not about him knowing that you "really mean business"—but just about meaning business, for yourself, so you can end this chapter and focus on the real one, the present, that you're actually living.

So, sure, take moment to imagine him discovering the "user not found" page when he goes to your profile. Imagine him squirming a bit. Revel in that for a second. Does it really feel that good and productive? Probably not.

That's because it's a game with no end.

So, take moment to acknowledge that. You'd LIKE to not be thinking along these terms, playing these games, so now is the point where you STOP.

Yes I was deeply wounded. But I've stopped looking at his page months ago so I just didn't see the need... Other than him still popping up and making me think about him this much, when I wouldn't otherwise.

Why he’s still in contact with you after he’s married is beyond me. Feels like you want him to feel miserable every x amount of money he spends by paying your phone bill, or for buying gifts. Forget about the wife. I’m not going to say you have no self respect. I just think deep down you have a connection to him you can’t quite put your finger on and you forget about it bc you’re receiving “free stuff.” Next month your phone is still on or you get a gift or a message. If you honestly want nothing to do with this guy, why do you care what he thinks if you block him. Do you plan to unblock him later and don’t want it to look like he “won”?

He shouldn’t be this important if you seriously wonder why he won’t leave you alone.

I feel like this is a battle between you and your pride. Explain your situation to your current partner and see if he can help you pay for a phone line if it’s not in the books for you at the moment. Or use a prepaid phone.

Also consider talking to your current partner about this before you ask strangers on the internet.

I had a girl dump me and was still on my phone plan. She started dating someone right away and I bought her a gift too. Eventually I gave her a time frame to get a new plan and I cut off her phone when that time was up. She even asked me not to do that.

Guess who reached out to me last month after 2 years?

He will have to look at that tattoo that I drew for him forever though. heehee.

I feel like this is a battle between you and your pride.

Kind of a perfect side by side here.

blitz, I feel for you. Your anger at this guy is palpable, as is your desire for vengeance. Those are big emotions, and they take up a lot of emotional bandwidth.

You know all the facts here: iffy dude, now married, caused some real hurt, serves you in no way. Hopefully you let them settle in, and give yourself some space to process the last dregs of this. Can't imagine how your new dude handles all this, but I suspect he can sense some of it, no?

He's not really "making" you think about him, you know? Like, that's a choice you're making.

Agree. This is very practical advice. Sooner or later, no matter how upset you are over the breakup and that he then turned around and got married, you'll have to come to terms that it's over and there is an expiration date on his financial assistance. He may be doing it out of guilt, but that too will subside.

I just think deep down you have a connection to him you can’t quite put your finger on and you forget about it bc you’re receiving “free stuff.” Explain your situation to your current partner and see if he can help you pay for a phone line if it’s not in the books for you at the moment. Or use a prepaid phone. Eventually I gave her a time frame to get a new plan and I cut off her phone when that time was up.

Archived