How do I keep this a secret from my parents? Birth control?

samtyle

My full intent was to wait but when we started making out and stuff I realized how much fun it’d be and my hormones are all over and so are his. I trust him, so why wait?

I doubt he'd impregnate you or give you and STD on purpose. But if you are having such a difficult time solving a simple problem like getting birth control, how will you solve the problem of pregnancy or STDs should one of these arise?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha what a silly question to ask: he wants sex? Oh boy, does he now. Let's just say if he's touching, making out, discussing condoms, among doing "other things" with you, he wants sex. Perhaps not right now, but it's certainly leading up to it. The cues I mentioned are there for it to.

On the note about getting on board with your own birth control, along with his, I think it is fantastic you are serious about being responsible! Congratulations, this puts you up there for one of the more responsible minors out there. I have formally studied and have a public health related job, so I am familiar with how irresponsible most minors can be about this topic.

Note: one of the worst views/advice one can give to a minor interested in sex is to abstain and not inform them about safe sex/methods of prevention. They will find out about sex either by an adult, if curious, or through other minors/sexual influences. It is inevitable. Availability of safe methods about STDs and pregnancy preventatives is THE MOST effective way at reducing unwanted pregnancy/STD contraction. Also, openly initiating informative and positive conversations, instead of inducing fear, about sex to their children help them create a healthy approach towards sex, including healthy boundaries and feelings. Adults and parents may not like the idea, but they should get on board with an effective intervention instead. So I do hope in the near future the population gets on board with the fact that minors will be curious, and yes will have sexual interactions, with or without proper advisement.

My dear, please get a form of contraception for yourself. You are not even just 15 or younger, you are nearly an adult. You should not fear being responsible about sex. You live in the US, talk to a Planned Parenthood agent. They can give you free or discounted birth control:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/district-of-columbia/washington/20002/carol-whitehill-moses-center-4221-90230

Here are some options about birth control methods:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control

I recommend you get one of the low maintenance options (IUD, implant) if you use condoms. I have an IUD currently and have previously used the pill. Feel free to ask me any questions about them, they can be safe options for you in good sexual health (no infections). The link explains the cost, depending on your area, and other information. Since your parents are obviously against you having sex or even a form of BC, I would at least talk to an agent first. I recommend not to meet with the guy until you hqve your own BC first. Hint: on that link I provided you with about options, many are over the counter at your local pharmacy.

You live at home are a minor and hopefully covered under your parents healthcare. At your age you should be seeing a gyn anyway. Everything you discuss with a doctor is private and confidential. However if you want a prescription or procedure or device, you may need parental consent.

Make sure this is about sexual exploration and interest and what to do about it safely and responsibly, not just teenage rebellion and angst. Stay on point with them. Going on "it's not fair!" diatribes sets you back. Stay logical, not hysterical.

Talking to your parents is better than taking money out of an atm to hide things, sneaking off to a clinic, lying about all sorts of things. Why? Because legally they are unfortunately still responsible for everything you do.. If you respect their intelligence and integrity they will respect yours. Also start being a bit more truthful. It helps in their trusting you and your judgement more.

I need to swallow my pride and ask my parents.
I doubt he'd impregnate you or give you and STD on purpose. But if you are having such a difficult time solving a simple problem like getting birth control, how will you solve the problem of pregnancy or STDs should one of these arise?

When I said I trust him, I meant I trusted him to take my virginity. He treats me like royalty when we’re not all over eachother AND when we are all over eachother. Also, I’m not having sex with him before I solve the birth control (which I think I have solved now). If a pregnancy or STD arises and I’m in for a life changing thing I’ll tell my mom. The reason I don’t want to tell her about having sex with this dude is because it’s not going to negatively impact me or effect her in any way.

Haha what a silly question to ask: he wants sex? Oh boy, does he now. Let's just say if he's touching, making out, discussing condoms, among doing "other things" with you, he wants sex. Perhaps not right now, but it's certainly leading up to it. The cues I mentioned are there for it to.

On the note about getting on board with your own birth control, along with his, I think it is fantastic you are serious about being responsible! Congratulations, this puts you up there for one of the more responsible minors out there. I have formally studied and have a public health related job, so I am familiar with how irresponsible most minors can be about this topic.

Note: one of the worst views/advice one can give to a minor interested in sex is to abstain and not inform them about safe sex/methods of prevention. They will find out about sex either by an adult, if curious, or through other minors/sexual influences. It is inevitable. Availability of safe methods about STDs and pregnancy preventatives is THE MOST effective way at reducing unwanted pregnancy/STD contraction. Also, openly initiating informative and positive conversations, instead of inducing fear, about sex to their children help them create a healthy approach towards sex, including healthy boundaries and feelings. Adults and parents may not like the idea, but they should get on board with an effective intervention instead. So I do hope in the near future the population gets on board with the fact that minors will be curious, and yes will have sexual interactions, with or without proper advisement.

My dear, please get a form of contraception for yourself. You are not even just 15 or younger, you are nearly an adult. You should not fear being responsible about sex. You live in the US, talk to a Planned Parenthood agent. They can give you free or discounted birth control:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/district-of-columbia/washington/20002/carol-whitehill-moses-center-4221-90230

Here are some options about birth control methods:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control

I recommend you get one of the low maintenance options (IUD, implant) if you use condoms. I have an IUD currently and have previously used the pill. Feel free to ask me any questions about them, they can be safe options for you in good sexual health (no infections). The link explains the cost, depending on your area, and other information. Since your parents are obviously against you having sex or even a form of BC, I would at least talk to an agent first. I recommend not to meet with the guy until you hqve your own BC first. Hint: on that link I provided you with about options, many are over the counter at your local pharmacy.

Thank you! The only reason I question if he wants sex is because he’s not shy. He wears his heart on his sleeve, if he wanted sex I feel like he would’ve just told me. But then again, he’s being really respectful in all of this given I am a virgin.

You live at home are a minor and hopefully covered under your parents healthcare. At your age you should be seeing a gyn anyway. Everything you discuss with a doctor is private and confidential. However if you want a prescription or procedure or device, you may need parental consent.

Make sure this is about sexual exploration and interest and what to do about it safely and responsibly, not just teenage rebellion and angst. Stay on point with them. Going on "it's not fair!" diatribes sets you back. Stay logical, not hysterical.

Talking to your parents is better than taking money out of an atm to hide things, sneaking off to a clinic, lying about all sorts of things. Why? Because legally they are unfortunately still responsible for everything you do.. If you respect their intelligence and integrity they will respect yours. Also start being a bit more truthful. It helps in their trusting you and your judgement more.

I promise you it’s not rebellion or angst! I am so loyal to my parents it’s insane keeping the secret of him kissing me from them is making me crazy but I also can’t tell them.

I always tell them the truth about things this is one of my only things that’s ive done that would make them very surprised. I wish more than anything I can be truthful like this to them; but they wouldn’t let me continue this (my mom had a child at my age) so she’s extremely protective. Arguing with them is impossible and I’m always wrong.

I think you need to see your regular OB/GYN. Everyone's body is different and it is better to let your doctor decide what actual prescription is best for your body if you go that route vs going to a walk in clinic and them generically giving you something that might not agree with your body. Even if you have to wait for sex to do so. Maybe the time it takes will make you think

Honestly, its not necessary to tell your parents you kissed a boy. That's no big deal. But telling them you are going somewhere and making a big show of it and lying is not. But do not lie if they ask if you did. But don't feel that your parents are against you - understand that mom had a baby at your age and she is out to protect you from the decisions she herself made. She doesn't want you going down the same road. I assume she married your natural father and it all worked out fine, but if you don't care about this guy and its "just sex" -- she doesn't want you tied to him for the rest of your life.

So understand where she is coming from. Tell her "i understand how you feel mom, you love me and don't want me having a baby at the same age you did..,," Instead of coming off as a sneaky brat who "knows" better than adults twice her age.

Honestly, those of us telling you to wait have a point. Even on the pill it takes awhile to be effective and for you to get used to it -- you are talking about waiting 3-6 months to make sure and at your age there is a big chance that you won't take them on time every day.

So honestly, i get that you are horny but you have nothing to lose by waiting. And you might just find a guy who is not just out to get lucky.

Waiting awhile was the best thing i did, actually

Thank you! The only reason I question if he wants sex is because he’s not shy. He wears his heart on his sleeve, if he wanted sex I feel like he would’ve just told me. But then again, he’s being really respectful in all of this given I am a virgin.

He sorta did. You already know he has condoms, etc., He just doesn't want to look like a jerk by saying it as "i want to f** you" You know loud and clear he wants sex with you.

Yeah, he is not "ha ha i just gave you herpes!' i don't think he's that kind of guy -- but sticking his weewee in you and ejaculating is deliberately getting someone pregnant - even if that's not on your mind. Kind of like throwing a ball at someone and saying "i didn't mean to hit them." then why did you throw it?

Look into a birth control like norplant. It lasts for months.

Honesty is the best policy.

BTW, unless the guy is a real loser, he'll be happy to drive you to a clinic.

Norplant is visible on your arm. And its not for everyone's body chemistry. especially a young woman whose cycles haven't settled out yet

Look into a birth control like norplant. It lasts for months.

Honesty is the best policy.

BTW, unless the guy is a real loser, he'll be happy to drive you to a clinic.

Norplant is visible on your arm. And its not for everyone's body chemistry. especially a young woman whose cycles haven't settled out yet

True, that's why I said to "look into it." I suppose I should have said to consult with a gyn at Planned Parenthood or some other legit doctor/clinic.

Yeah, he is not "ha ha i just gave you herpes!' i don't think he's that kind of guy -- but sticking his weewee in you and ejaculating is deliberately getting someone pregnant - even if that's not on your mind. Kind of like throwing a ball at someone and saying "i didn't mean to hit them." then why did you throw it?

Unintended consequences. Birth control is not 100% effective. My friend got pregnant with both of her sons while she was on birth control. And she took it religiously, same time every day.

Same goes with STDs. Condoms are better than nothing, but still no guarantee.

Archived