Is he a bad boyfriend or am I being silly?

Jess5638

There’s a few things wrong in this relationship.

Firstly, we have been dating for 7 months, know each other for over a year. For his birthday, I paid for a meal, travelled to see him (we are long distance), and got him a nice present and card. For my birthday, he complained about travelling down to see me, said he couldn’t get me a present right now as he is broke (which I understand) but he didn’t even get me a card. I was so sad.

He doesn’t post any pictures of us together, he never EVER compliments me even though I always try and look nice to see him. He doesn’t show affection, in any way unless he’s initiating sex. I feel so unwanted.

He refuses to meet my family or come to my house, so I have to go to him all the time. Sometimes I travel an hour to see him and he falls asleep and doesn’t offer for me to sleep over, so I have to travel an hour home on the bus in the dark.

Usually he lives 3 hours away when he’s at uni, so we only see each other once a month. He’s been back home for 2 weeks meaning we are very close to each other, and we’ve only seen each other once because he hasn’t made plans to see me when he’s just been chilling at home all this time.

He has NEVER offered to pay for anything even when he wasn’t broke. He won’t even hold my hand in public.

I’m so so sad, I have no confidence. Am I overreacting or should I leave him?

He's not much of a boyfriend, don't you think? He's rude, cheap and uncaring. Is that the kind of guy you want to date or even have sex with? Do you even need to ask? Come on, have some self-esteem and dump this guy. No girlfriend should ever be treated this way.

Yeah, he's a bad boyfriend. He doesn't sound like he is interested in you. Seven month in and you are finally living close by for awhile and he has only seen you once in two weeks? That's someone who does not care to spend time with you. Most people are in relationships because they enjoy spending time together.

Leave him. Find someone who is as excited to be with you as you are to be with them.

Why are you with this guy?

He does not sound like he cares about or respects you. At all! Lose him, and find someone who values you.

Lastly, you have created a bad dynamic by always going to him, and paying for him. You should not be paying for your bf. A relationship should be reciprocal. Expect more from people!

You are really treating yourself badly.. Honey, where is your self respect.

He's not much of a boyfriend, don't you think? He's rude, cheap and uncaring. Is that the kind of guy you want to date or even have sex with? Do you even need to ask? Come on, have some self-esteem and dump this guy. No girlfriend should ever be treated this way.

Yep, this I agree w/. When you find a guy who loves you, he won't complain about doing things for you and he will at least make a tiny bit of effort for your relationship. He doesn't want you, as shown by his attitude when he was spending 2 weeks close distance.

"People treat you the way they feel about you."

"If you're in a relationship with someone who doesn't treat you well, and you stay in it thinking you can change him, then you're no longer a victim of his treatment but a volunteer."

Both of these are quotes by a guy on YouTube named Derrick Jaxn. You should familiarize yourself with his videos.

Archived