Why can't I see one person who liked my boyfriend's new profile pic on Facebook?

Ladypeace

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, do you like living your life this way, checking on him over and over and over with no end in sight?

You have two choices...stay with him and decide to trust him, or break up with him because you expect him to cheat.

Of course, option #3 is to continue on as you are, expending tons of energy trying to keep tabs on what he's doing and being filled with anxiety.

I do love him. LOL

I know, I am crazy!

He promised he would change and he made a mistake. It was a one nighter.

And he seemed to be on the straight and narrow. Things have been awesome.

Til Facebook...

Facebook isn't a cause of cheating - just one of many facilitators. If he wants to cheat (again), he can and will.

You are foolish to think you can stop it by putting him on an online leash.

You should have left when he cheated.

Don't think I am a nut job, but I even have a tracking app on his phone. He downloaded it for me. He knows he has it and agreed to it.

But it does nothing cause if he wants to go out and cheat, he can just leave the phone with the tracking device on it at home.

Strike 1: He cheated.

Strike 2: But I looove him.

Strike 3: I downloaded a tracking device on the phone that he can simply keep at home whenever he wants to bang another chick.

I am serious about this.

It seems strange to me that somebody has blocked me. HIS girlfriend. And they LIKED his profile picture. And I can't see who they are.

It is very odd to me. It just happened today. Never before either so it's new. Which in itself is weird. Something different is happening.

I have not blocked anyone. That is a fact.

So, somebody must have blocked me.

Therefore, if I am blocked by this person, it means I am unable to see their profile page on FB or even find it in a search, correct? WHY is the question???

I can see all his friends on his list and their profiles.

If I was blocked, I would not be able to see them all.

My guess is it is someone who could be talking to him on FB in private messaging but not be friends with. So, he is carrying on with them behind the scenes while they are blocking their presence to his GF. Liking his pics because they feel they mean something to him.

Makes sense, right?

People do some backhanded stuff , especially nowadays in the age of social media like FB and apps such as Snapchat.

If someone has blocked you and you don't know who they are then is it really a problem?

It is eating me up inside. I am having a hard time keeping it together. He keeps reassuring me things are fine. That I am the ONE. That there is NOBODY else. Yadda yadda yadda. I WANT to believe him. But I have seen some signs that do not add up. And he has explained them all away.

Don't think I am a nut job, but I even have a tracking app on his phone. He downloaded it for me. He knows he has it and agreed to it.

But it does nothing cause if he wants to go out and cheat, he can just leave the phone with the tracking device on it at home.

Sometimes it shows he is at home for hours and he does not respond to my messages right away or contact me at all. So, how could I not jump to conclusions?

He, of course, has explanations. I was working on something. I left the phone in the car. I had my notifications turned off. I could not hear the notifications going off. I was watching TV.

How do you live like this?

\

if you do stuff that OP does then yes.

For me it's not cancer during the relationship if both are mature about it. It's just that some people give it so much importance and overanalyse it so much that's insane. However for me after a break up I rather delete or block in order not to see what they're up to. So for me it's me social media is my post break up cancer lol

I am serious about this.

It seems strange to me that somebody has blocked me. HIS girlfriend. And they LIKED his profile picture. And I can't see who they are.

It is very odd to me. It just happened today. Never before either so it's new. Which in itself is weird. Something different is happening.

I have not blocked anyone. That is a fact.

So, somebody must have blocked me.

Therefore, if I am blocked by this person, it means I am unable to see their profile page on FB or even find it in a search, correct? WHY is the question???

I can see all his friends on his list and their profiles.

If I was blocked, I would not be able to see them all.

My guess is it is someone who could be talking to him on FB in private messaging but not be friends with. So, he is carrying on with them behind the scenes while they are blocking their presence to his GF. Liking his pics because they feel they mean something to him.

Makes sense, right?

People do some backhanded stuff , especially nowadays in the age of social media like FB and apps such as Snapchat.

Why so insecure? Chill. (assuming everything else is fine in the relationship)

It is eating me up inside. I am having a hard time keeping it together. He keeps reassuring me things are fine. That I am the ONE. That there is NOBODY else. Yadda yadda yadda. I WANT to believe him. But I have seen some signs that do not add up. And he has explained them all away.

Sometimes it shows he is at home for hours and he does not respond to my messages right away or contact me at all. So, how could I not jump to conclusions?

He, of course, has explanations. I was working on something. I left the phone in the car. I had my notifications turned off. I could not hear the notifications going off. I was watching TV.

Is this really the life you want to live? Is so much stress worth it?

Hi everyone,

It's the OP.

Here is a new development. I really hope you could tell me what you think based on the new "evidence." If you think it is evidence at all...

Last night he texts me at 9:30 and says good night, he is hitting the sheets cause he is tired and can't keep his eyes open; said he was up at 7 that morning and was falling asleep at his desk. Then at 12:30 a.m. I hear him typing something to me on Snapchat. He supposedly went to bed 3 hours earlier. The app always says in the notification window.. So and So is typing... Then I checked the chat window and he wasn't there - his emoji was not there - and there was nothing written. So, it's like he started typing and then changed his mind and went off the app. So, hearing him type, I thought he would get my message right away as I messaged him only a few minutes later. That was at 12:30 p.m. And he never answered me til 10 this morning.

So, why did he go on Snapchat at 12:30 and "type" something to me and then change his mind? When he texted me 3 hours earlier to say he was going to bed cause he couldn't keep his eyes open and said good night.

He said he was just checking Snapchat before he went to bed in case I messaged him and then he turned off notifications for the night. He does not like the notification sounds waking him up at night.

So, to me that seems like a lie. And then he did not hear that I snapped him back literally within a minute? And that he fell asleep when his head hit the pillow? Hmmmm. Apparently he went to sleep 3 HOURS EARLIER!

Why would it say he is typing if he was just checking to see if I messaged him? He could see if I sent him something without even going into the chat window. The main screen will show you if you have a NEW chat message.

THEN I decided to do a little snooping.

He has always sworn that I am his ONLY Snapchat contact on his account.

I asked him if he has more than ONE under another email account.

He has always denied this.

So I found out that he DOES in fact have another Snapchat account under his other email.

So, he lied?

And why would he have another Snapchat account?

I think it's obvious.

How do I approach him at this point?

I think if I mention I know about the other account, he will weasel his way around it cause he knows I have believed him before.

So, not sure how to catch him with this account.

But it really is damning, right?

I don't know how one is able to trust a man who has shown he is capable of cheating? And I do not know FOR SURE he actually is. I worry he is. There's a difference. I guess I do not want to leave him based on my own insecurities and paranoia if that is all they are. Because it is a good relationship without the trust problem.

You can't control him like this!! He's allowed to snap whoever he wants. This is NOT healthy. It is NOT normal.

Break up with him. But don't do it because you think you're behaving correctly. You're acting crazy. You don't trust him. Just end it.

I have no idea how old you are but this feels very 15 to me. If you aren't 15, take a good hard look at yourself.

ETA: in case no one noticed, OP posted the recent "is a scratch mark proof he's cheating" thread

The advice has always been the same. You're acting crazy. If it's because he's given you a reason not to trust him in the past, then end it. I'm a broken record because it isn't sinking in. Trust is a pillar of a relationship.

Archived