Ex of 3 days unfriended me on Facebook.

notmyprez

I know this is a stupid just fresh out of a breakup question. But I am posting here instead of contacting the ex!

And I'm also not sure of the answer. My recent ex just unfriended me on Facebook. I left him on Monday after he yelled "why don't you just do what I tell you to do!", called me a b*tch and wouldn't apologize. (because I wouldn't stir the rice his way). Afterwards, basically he "regretted" what he yelled at me, but said it was my fault for being such a about it. Third crazy out of the blue rage in three months. Sixth break up in five years. I finally was the one to leave, this time. The idea for me was to get some space to figure all this out. Ha. My was in the garage the next day. So I'm guessing really done this time.

Obviously I'm not proud, right? And I'm nowhere near as devastated as I was the last five times. But I am curious. All of his exes are friends of his on Facebook. But now he unfriends me??? The one of five years? The one who was living with him until 3 days ago?

Dunno. This just seems weird to me. Thank you for any insight.

Well it is over a five year period. We were doing the best ever this time, living together, working through fights and coming out the other side. Kind of like the first year of marriage. Then these weird outbreaks would happen. I guess I just annoyed the crap out of him and he didn't tell me, being a guy who can't handle confrontation. I thought all was fine, then the crap built up and he would lose it, I suppose.

No one needs to be called a bytch because they stirred rice wrong and told they caused it. Uh no.

I think there are other things that you may be failing to mention. You have broken up five time in five years. Good God!

Also, no calls there partner a b*tch and screams about something such as the rice. I suggest you be honest with yourself, as to who you have been dating all these years.

How old is the dude?

As mentioned.. many BU's... pretty much UNstable relationship going on..

I think worrying about why he removed you from FB is the least of your worries.

In time, you'll be thankful.. cause he is NOT mentally stable in my opinion.

Walk.. and keep walking! Give yourself more credit than this and get your self esteem back!

To answer your original question, think of unfriending you as a statement similar to that he was trying to make when you found your stuff in the garage. He did it out of spite in the heat of the moment. If you were his longest relationship it makes sense that he is behaving in new ways regarding the break up. He is trying to break the attachment by going cold turkey. Having said that, GOOD RIDDANCE. The guy was abusive and you were clearly wrong for each other. Defriending you was actually best for both.

On the benign side, I have always unfriended my exes for a time after we broke up so that I could heal properly. It does no one any good to keep seeing what their ex is doing while the wounds are still raw. I could never handle myself enough to stop the temptation of reading what they were up to on Facebook, so I unfriended, and with one or two re-friended with them once we had a few years behind us and had established a "friendship" (meaning, we were friendly, supportive of each other, had no feelings anymore and seeing what the other was up to was no longer negative).

With one ex, though, who sounded similar to yours, that kind of thing will never happen. I even blocked him. Most of my exes before him weren't abusive; he was. Most of my exes before were not guys I constantly broke up with (or was dumped by); he was. I'll never be friends with this ex because, simply put, he was never a friend. We were either lovers or enemies. Some relationships work this way.

Your ex, from your brief description, certainly sounds toxic and even verbally abusive. I could never maintain a relationship with someone who spoke to me that way. And multiple break ups are a sign that something is irreparable - don't be drawn into a trap with the whole "this time around it was going better" thing. This was never going better, you guys just good at playing nice for a little longer. If he could snap like that, it will only happen more and more, and now is the time to move on. It doesn't matter what he and his exes are doing with Facebook. This time is for you to finally move on from this unhealthy cycle in your life.

How old is the dude?

As mentioned.. many BU's... pretty much UNstable relationship going on..

I think worrying about why he removed you from FB is the least of your worries.

In time, you'll be thankful.. cause he is NOT mentally stable in my opinion.

Walk.. and keep walking! Give yourself more credit than this and get your self esteem back!

Thanks for your comments Soosad. He is 68

On the benign side, I have always unfriended my exes for a time after we broke up so that I could heal properly. It does no one any good to keep seeing what their ex is doing while the wounds are still raw. I could never handle myself enough to stop the temptation of reading what they were up to on Facebook, so I unfriended, and with one or two re-friended with them once we had a few years behind us and had established a "friendship" (meaning, we were friendly, supportive of each other, had no feelings anymore and seeing what the other was up to was no longer negative).

With one ex, though, who sounded similar to yours, that kind of thing will never happen. I even blocked him. Most of my exes before him weren't abusive; he was. Most of my exes before were not guys I constantly broke up with (or was dumped by); he was. I'll never be friends with this ex because, simply put, he was never a friend. We were either lovers or enemies. Some relationships work this way.

Your ex, from your brief description, certainly sounds toxic and even verbally abusive. I could never maintain a relationship with someone who spoke to me that way. And multiple break ups are a sign that something is irreparable - don't be drawn into a trap with the whole "this time around it was going better" thing. This was never going better, you guys just good at playing nice for a little longer. If he could snap like that, it will only happen more and more, and now is the time to move on. It doesn't matter what he and his exes are doing with Facebook. This time is for you to finally move on from this unhealthy cycle in your life.

Thank you for your comments. Either "lovers or enemies" is great quote. And I do get caught up in the "this time around it will bbe better" thing. That's what happened last time.

Archived