Dating a new guy but i'm confused

jackiedavis

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also one more thing I haven't told anyone is I am having my eggs frozen. I am looking into the process and have an appt next week. So we'll see how this all plays out

Did you just decide to do that since that was mentioned in this thread? What's the age cut-off your clinic/facility have?

Did you just decide to do that since that was mentioned in this thread? What's the age cut-off your clinic/facility have?

My friend was 39 when she did it - that was about 3-4 years ago. She's been married for 2 years, no children (and not sure why or if they tried to get pregnant with the frozen eggs or otherwise -I fear the worst).

No I had been thinking about freezing my eggs for awhile, the age cutoff is 42 at this clinic.

Soooo last night was again amazing! I did have a talk with him, I said i'm thinking i'm gonna want a relationship soon and he said yeah i think i do too. He also asked me to go on a trip with him next weekend to NYC!! He said he wants to get married soon. YAY!! i'M TRYING to keep my emotions in check but it's so hard...i'm falling for him!! He took me to dinner and drinks last night and then dropped me home. We didn't have sex, and he never pressured me. I asked him if it was hard for him to sleep next to me last weekend and he said he definitely wants to be with me physically but he's willing to wait and he respects me for waiting!! Woohoo! I'm happy after a long time....

How long have you been dating, five weeks did you say?

Okay I am not touching this one..... except to say enjoy and hope it all turns out the way you hope it will.

Oh, I skipped over that. Not going to go there either ... but that's not actually a good statement this early on.

Sorry didn't mean to see he wants to get married soon, but he said he wants a relationship soon. But he said once in a relationship the next step after awhile is engagement. He didn't say he wants to get married soon....but I know he's getting to know me seriously....

Awesome! Just take things slow and steady but it sounds like everything is going in the right direction and the right pace for both of you. Enjoy this time and enjoy NYC!

Sorry didn't mean to see he wants to get married soon, but he said he wants a relationship soon. But he said once in a relationship the next step after awhile is engagement. He didn't say he wants to get married soon....but I know he's getting to know me seriously....

Fair enough but didn't you say that when you told him you want a RL he said he "thinks" he does too?

Soooo last night was again amazing! I did have a talk with him, I said i'm thinking i'm gonna want a relationship soon and he said yeah i think i do too. He also asked me to go on a trip with him next weekend to NYC!! He said he wants to get married soon. YAY!! i'M TRYING to keep my emotions in check but it's so hard...i'm falling for him!! He took me to dinner and drinks last night and then dropped me home. We didn't have sex, and he never pressured me. I asked him if it was hard for him to sleep next to me last weekend and he said he definitely wants to be with me physically but he's willing to wait and he respects me for waiting!! Woohoo! I'm happy after a long time....

I understand you are excited, but please be careful to pay attention to everything he is doing AND saying and make sure they match.

For you to take his "I think I want that [a RL] too," to "he wants to get married soon," is quite a leap.

Okay you said you made a mistake but that kind of mistake indicates your mental and emotional frame and suggests you may be getting a bit carried away with your emotions (too invested) before getting to know him and trusting that he is sincere and true to his word. Remember it's only been five weeks, you have a long way to go before that happens.

Have fun in NYC! I lived there for awhile in my 20s, you are going to love it!! Enjoy!

I am definitely being cautious, I know it's still super early. I'm just going with it right now. Taking it slow, but it does seem promising. It's just refreshing to have a good connection with someone. I also know that i just got out of a relationship 4 months ago, so just taking it day by day. I am looking forward to NYC. As always, I will keep everyone updated haha. Thank you all sooo much for your advice and for listening to me...

Also one more thing I haven't told anyone is I am having my eggs frozen. I am looking into the process and have an appt next week. So we'll see how this all plays out

I just had my eggs frozen last week. Just before I started the process I read "In her own sweet time Egg Freezing and the New Frontiers of Family," I highly recommend this book to women at all age, single or in a relationship.

The process went very smoothly for me, it didn't affect my mood or work at all during the week of hormones injection. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

My doctor highly recommend that I get pregnant naturally before 41 and use the eggs as backup since there is no guarantee on the frozen eggs quality until one uses them. I just turned 37, having my eggs frozen didn't really lift that much pressure from dating.

So another very successful date with the guy on Monday. He took me to dinner and took me to go see a movie. Again we have not had sex yet, but I am thinking I want to very soooon. When is it appropriate to have the relationship/where do we stand conversation? I have tip toed around this conversation with him a few times, even Monday I said I want a relationship with you but I don't know what you want. He responded by saying he does as well. But we never talked about it again?? How should I handle this?

So another very successful date with the guy on Monday. He took me to dinner and took me to go see a movie. Again we have not had sex yet, but I am thinking I want to very soooon. When is it appropriate to have the relationship/where do we stand conversation? I have tip toed around this conversation with him a few times, even Monday I said I want a relationship with you but I don't know what you want. He responded by saying he does as well. But we never talked about it again?? How should I handle this?

Yay! Sounds like a great date on Monday. So about the conversation where you said you want a relationship with him and he responded that he does as well....GURRRLLL stop over thinking it (says the Queen of overthinking things, LOL!). He said it, you said it. Sounds like a done deal to me! There's no ambiguity on his part at all....none. He's said he wants a relationship with you! What else do you need to figure out?

I agree, he did not hesitate when I asked him that. He is always on it with the texting, any day he doesn't have his kids he's with me. Normally, in the past I've always had issue with men (being players etc), maybe that's why I'm sooo cautious now haha. My friends keep telling me to becareful and not go on this trip with him, bcuz he's going to want sex. And I'm okay with that now. I guess the issue with me is I get sooooo attached after sex, I'm scared of getting too attached too quickly. Although I already feel attached, I just feel like it's going to get to a whole new level. hahahahahah

I agree, he did not hesitate when I asked him that. He is always on it with the texting, any day he doesn't have his kids he's with me. Normally, in the past I've always had issue with men (being players etc), maybe that's why I'm sooo cautious now haha. My friends keep telling me to becareful and not go on this trip with him, bcuz he's going to want sex. And I'm okay with that now. I guess the issue with me is I get sooooo attached after sex, I'm scared of getting too attached too quickly. Although I already feel attached, I just feel like it's going to get to a whole new level. hahahahahah

Girl it's been six weeks. You can't avoid it forever because you're scared you'll get too attached.

I say go on the trip, have sex and enjoy!

It's time.

Archived