I'm 26 years old female and want an older boyfriend (man) at least 10-20 years?

mej210390

Hi, I am 26 year old female from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, I am currently single and feel like I am missing out on having a partner and feels like its too late because I want guys that much older than me and which makes potential partners in my preferred age gap at least 37 and I feel for a guy that much older than me, when it comes to marriage I feel like it will be too late for a fairy tale wedding! I also feel like older man will treat me better and like a barbie doll/princess/something special that's the reason behind wanting an older man too, I can't find any men out there? any help? tips and suggestion greatly appreciated! Stories of experience also recommended! Im at a loss, needs advice!

What is it that you have to offer in a relationship? Sounds like you're concentrating on the ceremony itself without even having a partner in sight, and someone to buy you lavish things since you mention being treated like a princess. If I was a man, the shallowness of all of that glitz and gimme this, gimme that would be a turn off. Try becoming financially independent so you can buy yourself the things you want so you won't rely on being dependent on a man for these things. A must have list should include character traits like faithfulness, kindness, financial stability so a person isn't stressed out in debt and can afford essentials, fun, sexy, and makes you a priority. Are you any of these things? This is a list a man may have as well, and if you don't possess everything on the list, perhaps that's why you're still single. What do you have to bring to a relationship that will make you a great partner? Maybe if you concentrate and work on that, you might have better luck, instead of putting unrealistic expectations on a particular age group, which also makes your pool of possibilities smaller.

Oh gawwdd, you are right, Wiseman!

This is what threw me!

".......and like a barbie doll/princess/something special..."

Leaving out the terms "Barbie doll" and "princess" (ugh!) please define for me, Mej, "something special".

An adult couple will treat each other, well, like adults, not like some figment of a soap-opera scriptwriter's imagination! You need to ditch that sense of entitlement, OP, and look for a healthy relationshyip.

Use an online dating site and message guys in your age range. I am sure there are plenty of guys 10 to 20 years older that will want to "date" you and maybe even marry you but finding a guy that will want kids and treat you like a Barbie is pretty far out there.

There are plenty of older guys looking for a trophy wife to make them look and feel younger but you need to go after them if that is what you want.

Lost

It sounds like you want an older man for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't want a man so they will treat you like you're sitting on some imaginary pedestal, you deserve to be treated like a regular person who isn't perfect. If materialistic things are so important to you then be an independent woman and work hard for those luxuries. It will be so much more rewarding than having someone hand everything to you on a silver platter.

Well this is from another "Barbie doll princess" from Melbourne Australia, I think finding older men is definitely not easy lol I'm 31 and I prefer older men too but I've actually found that many of them already have kids and have been married before, so they don't want those things (I want them). Also older men often are still married with kids so not as many are available. I would definitely try to use online dating sites so you can filter profiles by age in your search.

There is nothing absolutely wrong in meeting and marrying someone older, and IMO ten years, or even twenty is not a huge gap. I recall when I was 19 dating a 34 yo man.

Also, here, at least, 36/37 is considered YOUNG. Men here, the majority, do not marry until 30 or more. So, if you have a preference for an older man nothing wrong with that.

However, wanting ANY man for the wrong reasons, that's another matter. Looking for a man to "keep" you, well what can I say.....

There is nothing absolutely wrong in meeting and marrying someone older, and IMO ten years, or even twenty is not a huge gap. I recall when I was 19 dating a 34 yo man.

Also, here, at least, 36/37 is considered YOUNG. Men here, the majority, do not marry until 30 or more. So, if you have a preference for an older man nothing wrong with that.

However, wanting ANY man for the wrong reasons, that's another matter. Looking for a man to "keep" you, well what can I say.....

Yeah 37 is not old. Maybe when I was a teenager I thought that but definitely not now lol 100 years ago I think it was fairly common to have even a 20-30 year age gap between the man and the woman. But also as someone pointed out, a guy isn't just automatically going to protect a woman and treat her like a princess just because he's older. There are good and bad guys of all ages.

Age has nothing to do with anything.

"But also as someone pointed out, a guy isn't just automatically going to protect a woman and treat her like a princess just because he's older. There are good and bad guys of all ages."

Also, I don't understand this "protection" and "princess" bit. An adult woman can stand on her own two feet. Also, she is not some fairy-tale character, as in Sleeping Beauty waiting to be kissed awake by Prince ©Harming.......

God i'm 30 and I'm actually doing the complete opposite, when I'm dating a 20ish girl I tend to take thing way less seriously, to me a girl that age wants something else than something serious, I have already lived a lot of those serious milestones a relationship can give you. On the other side girls at 30 expect you have your stuff sorted out and want someone more dedicated into building something!

Wow.

All I got form this post is "What I want", not "I can also offer the following, smart, good looking, easy going, no drama ect".

I have just turned 40, I also live in Brisbane but have found dating a waste of time because this is what I come across day in day out.

Archived