Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

Not directed at me but the Switch is amazing. There's a lot of Nintendo hate but waking up and playing it at my bedside, then moving to the living room TV and then visiting my family with it - seamlessly - is incredible. Flawless. Especially with a multiplayer game like Mario Kart where you can give a family member or friend one of the joycons and play.

They just need the games, and once Splatoon drops it's on. I'm just shocked there's no 3G or 4g version.

I've been keeping my eye out on their game lineup to see if the ol' lady wouldn't like one as a gift. She likes playing video games, but is pretty selective. Not big on 3D, but really likes more cutesy platformers. She's also a huuuuuge top-down Zelda fan, which I've heard they're flirting with the idea of making.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been keeping my eye out on their game lineup to see if the ol' lady wouldn't like one as a gift. She likes playing video games, but is pretty selective. Not big on 3D, but really likes more cutesy platformers. She's also a huuuuuge top-down Zelda fan, which I've heard they're flirting with the idea of making.

BOTW might change her mind - the game is a masterpiece. But if it doesn't, Animal Crossing on the Switch is inevitable. I know my brother's wife will get a switch for that alone.

A top down Zelda on Switch would be incredible, especially after the last 3DS one.

BOTW might change her mind - the game is a masterpiece. But if it doesn't, Animal Crossing on the Switch is inevitable. I know my brother's wife will get a switch for that alone.

A top down Zelda on Switch would be incredible, especially after the last 3DS one.

My wife loves that game too. Once that's release I will get her that game. I doubt it will kill her obsession playing Disney Emoji Blitz lol.

First was amazing, second and third were utter rubbish in my opinion. Too much focus on the action.

The first is my favorite, but I actually like the second too. (Not unlike the Alien movies for me in that way) The third one was just meh. I got bored of it like 10 chapters in and quit when it first came out.

Lost my enthusiasm for Destiny. HappyFrank, it's fun if you have friends to play with. You won't get much out of it alone.

I'm going to try and play with others. I don't want to be Introvert gamer anymore . So far I'm doing good playing with others on mass effect andromeda.

If you haven't yet picked up Overwatch and are interested in checking it out, you'll want to set aside some time this weekend. The previously announced free weekend event begins today. Starting today at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 7 PM BST, Overwatch will be free to play on all platforms. That said, you will need a PlayStation Plus subscription if you intend to play on PS4, or an Xbox Live Gold membership if you're playing on Xbox One. Playing on PC requires a Battle.net/Blizzard account, but you can create one for free if you don't already have one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nord.......

Nice. I went with Breton. Although I wish I went with an archery based one (WithLove went that route) or Nord. It seems like there are tons of crafting available with the Nord. Breton is still fun, and something different than my usual play style.

The map is ginormous. Then I discovered Solstheim.

Nice. I went with Breton. Although I wish I went with an archery based one (WithLove went that route) or Nord. It seems like there are tons of crafting available with the Nord. Breton is still fun, and something different than my usual play style.

The map is ginormous. Then I discovered Solstheim.

I love it. How many hours have you played so far? I'm currently at 10 hours.

Archived