Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

Oh, and to learn how to apply any effect to gear and weapons, you have to go to an enchantment table and destroy something with an enchantment on it. You'll learn the enchantment on it when you do this, but lose the item.

This might actually be beneficial if I want to use one of the staffs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the super helpful and detailed explanation! I'm not sure if I'd use that, unless there's a benefit to using the enchantments. I usually conjure/use destruction.

Do you use the alchemy lab or enchanting tables? I haven't really used them at all I'm at level 15, I believe.

Absolutely. I use both. I make my own health potions so I don't have to buy them, and you can apply potions to a weapon too (like I can apply a poison to my bow so that the first shot is poisoned). I sometimes take the first perk in the alchemy skill tree too, which makes potions more effective I think.

If you're going the mage route, it'll be really helpful for you to make your own robes, because you can add stuff that enhances your destruction spells, plus take extra perks in the skill tree to make them even more effective. You'll also want to look for the Mage Armor perk (can't remember which skill tree it's in, though).

Even if you don't want to put any points into either skill trees, you should make use of enchanting and alchemy stuff anyway - because it helps you level up overall and the potions you mix, you can always sell (and they aren't as heavy to carry).

Basically, you can destroy, say, a robe that makes fire spells 5% more effective. So you'll learn the "make fire spells more effective" enhancement, but you can recreate that effect on a different robe with a *higher* percentage, if you've got a big enough soul gem and you're leveling up your enchantment skill tree. That's why it becomes something you'll want.

Yeah and it doesn't let you sync shot them either.

Last night my whole team except me got mowed down by one guy so I had to fall back and get him. He gave the all-clear over the radio and I mowed him down from behind with the MP5.

lol good times. What's your current level?

I like those steal plane and deliver medicine to the rebels missions. My least favorite are those stealth and escape without being detected missions.

Last night I came across one mission that required C4, which I don't have yet. I think I need to tag more medical supplies.

Absolutely. I use both. I make my own health potions so I don't have to buy them, and you can apply potions to a weapon too (like I can apply a poison to my bow so that the first shot is poisoned). I sometimes take the first perk in the alchemy skill tree too, which makes potions more effective I think.

If you're going the mage route, it'll be really helpful for you to make your own robes, because you can add stuff that enhances your destruction spells, plus take extra perks in the skill tree to make them even more effective. You'll also want to look for the Mage Armor perk (can't remember which skill tree it's in, though).

Even if you don't want to put any points into either skill trees, you should make use of enchanting and alchemy stuff anyway - because it helps you level up overall and the potions you mix, you can always sell (and they aren't as heavy to carry).

Ahhh... good stuff. Thank you. I may have to craft my own robe. I should check to see what I'm wearing now. The mage armor perk would be super helpful. I think right now I'm 240 magicka (with a hood that adds +40 magic) 150 health and 140 stamina. (Have some boots that boost my stamina up 40) I believe I'm focusing my points on the "blue". Obviously I won't use all of them so I can certainly throw a couple into the other trees.

When I get on later, Im going to have to look more into crafting robes. Also, Im wearing a necklace and ring that I might want to enchant. I'll have to look into that too.

How long have you been at this game?

Last night I came across one mission that required C4, which I don't have yet. I think I need to tag more medical supplies.

You can usually blow those up with grenades. It may take a few. Or if you have a mine you can place it near there and shoot at it.

A long time, lol. Not since the release, surprisingly, but probably 6 months after that. I know pretty much everything about the game through trial and error, actually. I've never googled which path to take or how to complete a quest... I just do it and then do it the opposite way the next character I make. I do that in the Fallout games, too.

A long time, lol. Not since the release, surprisingly, but probably 6 months after that. I know pretty much everything about the game through trial and error, actually. I've never googled which path to take or how to complete a quest... I just do it and then do it the opposite way the next character I make. I do that in the Fallout games, too.

Nice! Yea I think the next character I make I'm going the stealth/archer role. I like using the bow and when you mentioned throwing poison etc. on it seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Most of the characters I've played have been smashers, which is why I didn't choose the Nord.

"Another wanderer, here to lick my father's boots. Good job."

Thanks to you and Happyfrank! Used it and took out six at once haha.

haha... that's awesome. Yea it's super helpful especially if you're pinned down and can't see the enemy. I also found thermal vision really helpful. It was one of the earlier upgrades that I acquired.

I would have hopped on and played, but gave the game to a co-worker whose son wanted to play it.

Basically, you can destroy, say, a robe that makes fire spells 5% more effective. So you'll learn the "make fire spells more effective" enhancement, but you can recreate that effect on a different robe with a *higher* percentage, if you've got a big enough soul gem and you're leveling up your enchantment skill tree. That's why it becomes something you'll want.

Thanks again for the help.

I spent an hour enchanting new items. I should have user the larger soul gem for a couple, but ah well, next time.

^^ That's sick. I love the hat. I rocked that in some of the provinces.

I usually changed the outfit every time I went into a different one.

What is your go to weapon??

I like the M40 sniper rifle and then the MP5 now. I put a nice scope and long barrel on the MP5.

Archived