Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Project Scorpio specs were released today,

If you've been wondering just how powerful Microsoft's 'Project Scorpio' Xbox will be, dream no longer. A series of pieces co-written by Eurogamer and Digital Foundry have listed the full specs for the living room console, and suffice to say it's shaping up to be a bit of a beast. Inside each system will be a CPU featuring eight custom x86 cores, clocked at 2.3 GHz, a custom GPU with 40 customised compute units clocked at 1172MHz -- an "unprecedently high clock speed for a console," Eurogamer writes -- and 12GB of GDDR5 RAM. Players will also have 1TB, 2.5-inch hard drive to play around with, and a 4K UHD Blu-ray drive

Oh yes, yes please! Thanks happyfrank

Still playing Dishonored 2 with the bf. It get super interesting and difficult, but very fun as well. We just got through a chapter where he is super excited to play it when he plays as Corvo, because he wants to play a different style than me (assassination while stealthy, whereas I do nonlethal).

I've got it for the PC and still haven't played it. All the good stuff said in here, though, is making me want to.

Seriously, find the time to play it. It's an absolute masterpiece, and I'm not just saying that as a fan of the game series/books.

CD Projekt put so much attention to detail in this game, 400+ hours in and I'm still discovering new things.

You've never played Skyrim before?? Oh man, what I wouldn't give to go back in time to experience it for the first time again...

No, this is the first time playing it! Awe that's awesome you said that. It must be an amazing game. I played about an hour last night and just couldn't believe how much went into it.

I'm going to have to do a lot of reading, since it does seem a bit overwhelming.

You're going to love it. Do you know which direction (fight style) you're gonna go? I almost always go stealth/archer. Stealth is hella handy in this game, just FYI. Also, two of the factions you can join (Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild) don't "require" it, but you won't be able to pass some things without it.

In the beginning, make it a point to ask innkeepers if they've heard any rumors or if they're offering any extra work. They will give you questions that sometimes lead to bigger plots. Once you access the dragon parts, they will also give you bounties to kill dragons and will mark the dragon lairs on your map for you.

Beat HITMAN (2016) last night. I give it about a 7/10. The missions themselves are interesting and can be completed multiple ways, but the voice acting is bad. Basically no motion capture animation and in every country you go, everyone speaks straight up English with an American accent, which kind of takes away from the experience.

Level 20 or 21 in Horizon, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through the story. Fun game. I enjoy it.

I'm swapping between Skyrim and Stardew Valley at home. Level 33 in Skyrim, and I made a new farm in SV to play as a boy and see the differences. So far, none, except I have new marriage options (ladies, as it were).

Bf wants me to start the Bioshock series. He's playing the third one, but I'll start the first. Probably start that this weekend.

You're going to love it. Do you know which direction (fight style) you're gonna go? I almost always go stealth/archer. Stealth is hella handy in this game, just FYI. Also, two of the factions you can join (Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild) don't "require" it, but you won't be able to pass some things without it.

In the beginning, make it a point to ask innkeepers if they've heard any rumors or if they're offering any extra work. They will give you questions that sometimes lead to bigger plots. Once you access the dragon parts, they will also give you bounties to kill dragons and will mark the dragon lairs on your map for you.

I'm Solène, a Breton. (Went with a female role this time around.) Usually I'm a dude that goes in swinging and wanted something different. I did hear really good things about the archer/stealth race. Archer seems really cool.

I just arrived in Riverwood and haven't explored too much yet. I still need to meet with Alvor. Thanks for the tips, that's really helpful. Which faction did you choose?

Which faction did you choose?

The cool thing about Skyrim is that you can belong to every faction. Dark Brotherhood (assassins), Thieves Guild, Mage College, and Companions (the old Fighters' Guild). The only thing you have to "choose" is whether to do Imperial quests or Stormcloak quests (the two conflicting 'governments').

For myself, I generally complete the Thieves Guild plotline first, because they provide you with a couple fences around the map where you can sell any stolen items. And their gear is quite handy for a stealth character. It also starts a plotline after you finish the initial one, which is optional but totally worth it in terms of gear.

The companions plotline is quite fun, too, but there's a certain point at which I don't go further in it (I won't spoil it - you'll know when you get there).

The Mage College plotline is probably my least favorite, if only because you have to use magic to even get inside the doors, and if you don't know that spell (it's random), you'll have to go buy it. You also have to use a quest item to complete the plotline, and I have being made to use quest items or magic if I don't want to.

I've only ever completed the Dark Brotherhood plotline twice in all the times I've played Skyrim. In my opinion, it's the most difficult faction to do, because it involves assassinations and that means you have to be stealthy and run the risk of guards seeing the kill. But the gear is good (some of which you can pick up very early, upon first entering the hideout even) and also benefits stealthy characters. It also has a very large payout if you finish the plotline.

Do you have any of the DLC by any chance?

Thanks, that's really helpful! I didn't get any of the DLC's. I'll have to research the two factions and see which one I agree more with!

Since you're level 30, have you completed it this time around?

Are you playing PC or console? Not sure what the deal is with console mods at the moment, but if on PC...definitely worth trying the top mods on Nexus once you've got a bit of playtime under your belt. I've got a fairly buff PC, so I increased the graphics and it look phenomenal. Also, it might be worth looking into Oblivion; a bit date, but a good game also.

I did like Skyrim, but it failed to captivate my attention as much as Oblivion did. The world was more unique, but I didn't like the dumbed-down combat / skills, and weak writing.

Are you playing PC or console? Not sure what the deal is with console mods at the moment, but if on PC...definitely worth trying the top mods on Nexus once you've got a bit of playtime under your belt. I've got a fairly buff PC, so I increased the graphics and it look phenomenal. Also, it might be worth looking into Oblivion; a bit date, but a good game also.

I did like Skyrim, but it failed to captivate my attention as much as Oblivion did. The world was more unique, but I didn't like the dumbed-down combat / skills, and weak writing.

I'm on console (PS4). I just love games like the Witcher. I guess I'm trying to find one similar to what it provided. I'm hoping Skyrim fits the bill!

Are you still playing the Witcher?

Are you still playing the Witcher?

On-and-off, still. Continuing to explore the map and reach question marks, of which there are TONS! I keep finding new locations and small little side quests too, it's amazing how much detail there is. I was walking through marks the other day and I encountered locations I'd never even knew existed, and of course even more markers keep shopping up. Easily another hundred or so hours in this game from exploration alone.

Thanks, that's really helpful! I didn't get any of the DLC's. I'll have to research the two factions and see which one I agree more with!

Since you're level 30, have you completed it this time around?

The DLCs are very worth it, in my opinion. The Vampire one opens a new area, the plot line is huuuuge, and you get a hot female vampire who's quite feisty as a companion. What's not to like? Oh.... there is one part I have to have someone else do for me. It involves a dark, dank cave and tons of huge spiders. Spoilers, lol. The other DLC opens a whole new island, a lot of new gear/blacksmithing options, new enemies, and it's actually quite difficult (I think it's a recommended level 30 area). I quite like it, too - actually it opens another small area as well, inside one of the Prince's realms. It's lovely, spooky, and gives tons of xp and permanent perks.

I've completed the main Skyrim questline one time, I think. There's simply so much to do that you can devote hundreds of hours into it and never complete it. Currently I've only gotten as far as the first time you defeat a dragon (which unlocks them randomly swooping in on you at any given time. Otherwise, until you get to that part, they don't appear. I progress to that part just to unlock dragon shouts and their random appearances to start collecting their loot). I'm level 33 and haven't completed any faction at all yet, either, although I'm probably a third of the way through the Thieves Guild plot line. So as you can see, tons of stuff to do!

Wow, I can't believe how much content is in this game. I thought The Witcher had a lot! I played a couple of hours last night and went through Riverwood like you suggested. I did pick up Storm Call (I believe) in a chest near a hunter by the river in Riverwood. I don't think I can use it yet though.

I haven't looked at the mods yet. I can seriously foresee myself playing this game for months.

Archived