Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

The one and only bad thing about it getting wamrer and getting to open the windows is the outside noise. Like I'm trying to read and someone starts mowing or weedwacking or whatever.

"Ah, I think I'll relax and read."

Two minutes later outside: HEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Haha, thank you Scoe. It turned out okay. It's just I had to ask the hospital facility where my mom is for help, and I'm not good at asking that of others normally. But this team was wonderful, it dawned on me I'm not their first rodeo, so we got through it okay.

But I'll take you up on that cover fire should I ever need it. Now on to deal with my teenager...I'm getting it from both sides of the age bracket right now. I'd yell, "I'm too old for this," but I suspect I'm probably just at the right age to be in the thick of it all.

Glad everything at the hospital worked out OK.

Teenagers could be tough. Hopefully whatever they're going through will be swift. I have confidence in your parenting skills! Hope they don't give you too many grays.

Suppose a late night drive around Paradise Ranch might change things?

Suppose a late night drive around Paradise Ranch might change things?

That always helps things, my animals do lift my spirits. The teenager is doing what teenagers do best - drama. If it's not him it's my mother or the roof on the house/barn leaking/falling in/flying off in the wind, so yeah always sumpin.'

Just as long as it's not a scorpion or rattlesnake I'll be fine - too many encounters with both out here.

Thinking of my coworker. He started a GoFundMe to pay for his rehab. On March 6th someone ran him off the road on the way home from work and broke both his legs. Insurance covered for his surgeries, but won't cover his rehab.

Health insurance in this country is a joke. And not the funny kind.

literally physically unappetizing when they show up...

the level of delusional grandiosity...the downright unintelligent bigotry....yuck. dysentery in human form.

why don't you go demand respect for the fact you couldn't make it to the first rung of the evolutionary ladder somewhere else.

Can't tell if I'm just getting less tolerant of people as I get older, or if people really are just getting dumber and more selfish.

I'm the same... I've never been happier living in my bubble, stupid selfish people are not invited.

I love to drive in the country out here. I can be in the worst mood possible, hop into a vehicle go barreling off down the road and within seconds I'm like, "ooooh, look at that sky, look at those clouds, horses! I see pretty horses! That house is nice, maybe I could do my roof like that.…"

Behind the wheel Paris let's the stream of consciousness flow and it is good.

I've never been happier living in my bubble
Yep, my bubble is precious to me. My truck bubble is the best, me and the radio, and the road. It's all I need sometimes.
I love to drive in the country out here. I can be in the worst mood possible, hop into a vehicle go barreling off down the road and within seconds I'm like, "ooooh, look at that sky, look at those clouds, horses! I see pretty horses! That house is nice, maybe I could do my roof like that.…"

Behind the wheel Paris let's the stream of consciousness flow and it is good.

Yep, my bubble is precious to me. My truck bubble is the best, me and the radio, and the road. It's all I need sometimes. I feel you!