Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

I've been sick with a nasty flu this week , lost my voice completely for two days, just starting to whisper talk again.

Reinforced how verbal I am lol. So frustrating to not talk! Used the robo text to speech to communicate with the bf. He kept teasing me 'just can't believe how quiet it is!'. Bugger

They are a league of their own vic

Oh I know. I gave them warning of a cancelled event and they shot the messenger. However I managed to save the situation with some diplomacy. Not something. I am really known for but since the site is monitored by people at my work because they are also military spouses I had to be nice and diplomatic. When I really wanted to say listen you spoiled self entitled snots. ( I am also missing being paid for this event )

Oh I know. I gave them warning of a cancelled event and they shot the messenger. However I managed to save the situation with some diplomacy. Not something. I am really known for but since the site is monitored by people at my work because they are also military spouses I had to be nice and diplomatic. When I really wanted to say listen you spoiled self entitled snots. ( I am also missing being paid for this event )

I have had my fair share of Officers wives using their husbands rank and I wanted to say the same hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

My mom doesn't text, but calls, sometimes just to see if I'm alive, though she usually tries to come up with some excuse. Whenever I start to get annoyed, I always think of the Onion headline: Concerned Text From Mom Gleefully Mocked Like Ramblings of Village Idiot.

I'd rather have her care about me than not, you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...