Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gettin' there. August 31st! Luckily my lady is no bridezilla, but she's starting to feel the pressure.

I'm just hoping for good weather so we can have the ceremony outside at the venue. Will definitely post some pics for y'all.

The Doors

The End/Albinoni Adagio

My boyfriend hates The Doors because they didn't have a bass player. I don't have that sort of prejudice.

I borrowed American Prayer from my cousin back when I was a teenager. I never returned it, and I don't think he misses it. I'm not a huge fan of poetry, but I found this album sort of addictive. This final song is my favorite from the album. And... my ears may be deceiving me, but... I hear a bass...

I haven't heard it in ages.

I think a lot of people cling to the slightly provocative lines, "Death makes angels of us all/ And gives us wings where we had shoulders/ Smooth as raven's claws."

But I've always preferred:

No more money

No more fancy dress

This other Kingdom

Seems by far the best

Until its other jar

Reveals incest

And loose obedience

To a vegetable law.

I will not go.

Prefer a feast of friends

To the giant family.

I'm gettin' there. August 31st! Luckily my lady is no bridezilla, but she's starting to feel the pressure.

I'm just hoping for good weather so we can have the ceremony outside at the venue. Will definitely post some pics for y'all.

Wow! Awesome! I should pay attention a lot more to the "What are you listening to?" thread in order to find news like this, lol. Congrats jman, I hope it all runs smoothly on the 31st. Pics would be awesome! :)