Woman and Guys....can only pick 1

Dougie_D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah it never really happened. It's an old joke from around these parts.

I don't like insensitive women.

I don't have a favorite quality.

You got me with that Sport. Too funny.

I missed the ask to post a favorite quality. That's tough. I can't find one thing that would override most other objections, except his actual character.

Traits I like include baldness (my guy has hair), broad shoulders, narrow hips. No barrel chest, no skinny arms. Basically, fitness model. Not so earth shatteringly informative.

Deal breakers -

Physical trait I'd have to say obesity.... never going to happen.

Personality: closed-minded

Favorite -

Physical - probably broad shoulders

Personality - this is really tough....maybe outgoing/charming but I think that's a tie with a bunch of things (caring, honest, generous, dependable....I could go on for days! lol)

Hey Dougie, people aren't playing by the rules. You said ONE TRAIT ONLY. But people are making lists.

And where did people see instructions to list a favorite quality? I thought this was just your #1 dealbreaker. Did I miss something?

You should have warned that lists will be disqualified. Especially if you're listing something like "rapist".

Yah, I'd say a top turn-off would be rapist for me.

But I'll play along. Unless you're crawling in the Sahara and dying, if you consider a Big Gulp a beverage worth touching with a 10-ft. pole, we're not making it the distance.

is she can't jump in and finish a song I am singing and making up along the way

Hey Dougie, people aren't playing by the rules. You said ONE TRAIT ONLY. But people are making lists.

And where did people see instructions to list a favorite quality? I thought this was just your #1 dealbreaker. Did I miss something?

You should have warned that lists will be disqualified. Especially if you're listing something like "rapist".

But I'll play along. Unless you're crawling in the Sahara and dying, if you consider a Big Gulp a beverage worth touching with a 10-ft. pole, we're not making it the distance.

Do we unlock a secret TOV level of love if we only use Big Gulps for slurpees but still pay amazing big gulp prices?

is she can't jump in and finish a song I am singing and making up along the way

Do we unlock a secret TOV level of love if we only use Big Gulps for slurpees but still pay amazing big gulp prices?

Hahaha! Shoots, that's a hard one!! Gosh. You know, I think you got me there...a frugal man is a good man. So I suppose I'd have to let the Slurpee slide.

But it would all be moot if he needed me to finish the song he's singing, because I'm tone deaf and crap at lyrics.

You are correct. I wanted to start this thread for self awareness for people. It shouldn't be difficult to pick just 1, which would be your top dealbreaker. It's a realization that people can picky for dumb reasons. Everyone has different dealbreakers, which is okay, but when you can't figure out which is the worst one, then I think you are little too picky and have too many dealbreakers.

And I mean that 1 thing that you would never be attracted too to even date them, marry them, kiss them, etc..

Yeah, I'm looking for things that are most likely physical. Something that will NEVER change your mind about how attractive you are to them, regardless if they have the coolest personality in the world.

And yes, I have NO IDEA where the "give me your favorites" came from.

Also, don't know why people are coming up silly answers. I'm being serious. People need to be open minded, and also, I'm asking for things that might need plastic surgery or is impossible for them to change. Height is a good one. Weight shouldn't be answer unless they are extremely overweight or rail thin as a skeleton (where both spectrums look like they are sickly ill)

some people are being "open minded" by looking beyond a scale and a measuring tape when choosing a partner.

that said, since you were asking about purely physical atributes, you cannot impose physical standards on responders by saying weight under or over such and such isn't a valid answer- because, to some, it is.

I definitely stand by my previous answer: tattoos.

1) tattoos make me think of jail.

2) I don't want to be with someone whose thought process is "I love something so much today, I'm going to pay $$$$$$ to have it inked in my skin FOREVER" Serious lack of foresight, sorry.

It baffles me why they are so popular these days. Maybe I should go into dermatology. I could make a fortune with all of thethe inevitable removals.

Also, don't know why people are coming up silly answers. I'm being serious. People need to be open minded, and also, I'm asking for things that might need plastic surgery or is impossible for them to change. Height is a good one. Weight shouldn't be answer unless they are extremely overweight or rail thin as a skeleton (where both spectrums look like they are sickly ill)

You have admitted in a previous thread that you start threads for your entertainment. How can one take you seriously going forward?

Do you think you are open minded about making changes to yourself/your lifestyle to meet women to date, which is what you claim to want badly?

there is no specific dating question in the OP. there is merely a skewed opening clause (that everyone's deal breakers are physical in nature) encouraging a debate for the sake of a debate- and the debate is expected to conform with what the OP believes are valid physical deal-breakers.

as far as i remember that's neither the purpose of this forum, nor is it in line with the posting policy.

i can't help but pointing out i can't take a person seriously for attempts at getting the "opinions circus" going, much less for demanding forum members comply with their own dating standards ("acceptable" range of measurements included), then reminding these same posters they need to be more open minded- and for failing to see the irony.

there is no specific dating question in the OP. there is merely a skewed opening clause (that everyone's deal breakers are physical in nature) encouraging a debate for the sake of a debate- and the debate is expected to conform with what the OP believes are valid physical deal-breakers.

as far as i remember that's neither the purpose of this forum, nor is it in line with the posting policy.

i can't help but pointing out i can't take a person seriously for attempts at getting the "opinions circus" going, much less for demanding forum members comply with their own dating standards ("acceptable" range of measurements included), then reminding these same posters they need to be more open minded- and for failing to see the irony.

Agreed. The OP consistently gets on here trying to find a blame outside of himself for why he is not successful in dating. He has admitted on here on numerous threads that his life is dysfunctional but expects a fully functioning woman to accept this dysfunction and date him. This thread is just another example of him finding another angle to justify that others are too picky and should accept his state as is.

As I have shared with him in the past, he either has to find a female counterpart of himself or improve his circumstances in order to attract a woman that he wants.

am hoping for some mod action unless he updates with a question pertaining to his own dilemma.

these threads tend to divulge in that they also happen to be a fascinatingly potent lure for other specimens who'd rather vent out their frustration at other people's choices than address their own conflicts, and they tend to prompt creatively wrapped deprecating comments left right and centre.

"I just want to start a thread that people really do have different tastes. It always starts with what you dislike the most."

Of course people have different tastes in a variety of things. I don't agree that it starts with what you dislike the most. It was never like that for me. And yes o course a lot of people have physical dealbreakers or dealbreakers that are "superficial" - physical attraction is an essential part of a romantic relationship and physical attraction, with exceptions, are often based at least in part on physical features.

And yes o course a lot of people have physical dealbreakers or dealbreakers that are "superficial" - physical attraction is an essential part of a romantic relationship and physical attraction, with exceptions, are often based at least in part on physical features.
That is perfectly allright, it's a choice as valid as the choice to base one's dating decisions on a different set of characteristics.

what isn't allright is wanting to manipulate the debate by asking that responses be excluded if the opinion they represent is such that

a)some people can be attracted to or deal with their partner growing an extra head and warts allover, but not certain personality traits

b)the physical dealbreakers for some people are different than dougie's (in that, for example, what someone considers a deal-breaker is the partner being 15 pounds over/underweight, unlike dougie who is fine with everything that is inbetween the morbid number on either end of the spectrum)

c)some people base their decisions on a set of qualities equally, rather than just one isolated characterict, and that sometimes the decisive factor is a partner's asset and sometimes their flaw.

all in all, if an "opinions thread" is to be tolerated, than at least it ought to allow for every offered opinion (including those non-manipulated by the OP, who merely accepts opinions in line with his own) as long as it is presented in a civil manner

- or else, it's trolling.

Dougie, does it bother you when women have standards and deal breakers?

No. It only bothers me when people seem to have too many of them or unrealistic standards.

You can have preferences. Those are not dealbreakers IMO.

I only really have 3 real major dealbreakers.

1. Can't be flat chested

2. Can't be paralyzed

3. Can't have an extruded chin. (Whatever Meghan Trainor has)

Archived