Ex greed to get coffee!! I'm so confused.

jssteele89

was it a long term or something only for a couple months? We were together 2 years, lived together for 1 year. She has been seeing this guy for 2 months. I'll be honest I would think if she saw me and still had ANY feelings, I'd have the upper hand. I have no idea though. That's the ONLY reason I'd meet, because it would be in person.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha great analogy! Honestly, I think I'm going to meet this girl, talk about my trip coming back from Bonnaroo, have no expectations, accept that it's over, and never text this girl again for the rest of my life. I have a date lined up for tomorrow anyways. How does that sound ha

Hahaha great analogy! Honestly, I think I'm going to meet this girl, talk about my trip coming back from Bonnaroo, have no expectations, accept that it's over, and never text this girl again for the rest of my life. I have a date lined up for tomorrow anyways. How does that sound ha

Sounds worse with every post. But at this stage I think it's something you'll do regardless. Go and get it out of your system

I mean last night when we were texting I mentioned I was still in love with her hahahaha. Newbie mistake I know. I said it to see if she would then decline to meet

This is not a newbie mistake. You've been doing this a version of it all along!

I think it's probably a good idea you meet her at this point. You surely aren't willing to give up on the idea.

Just be prepared for her to put you in your place once and for all. Maybe then you will move on.

Personally I wouldn't put myself thru this.

I hope for your sake you get the answers you are seeking because you surely aren't getting them here.

No I agree. I'm not sure I want to put myself through it either. I mean on one hand I'm kind of curious why she is willing to meet up with me, and on the other hand I bet she says like this will be the last time we ever talk, and goodbye, and put me in my place. Which is a devastating to think about. I just don't know why she would meet up with me to say that. She pretty much can just say that through text

Someone said the exact same thing to me. "Why exactly are you even texting her"? So you're spot on with that one. Why the hell am I. I've been with a couple girls since the breakup, So I guess it's something I wouldn't hold against her.

Hold against her? YOU broke up with her...she found another guy and is happy.

Didn't she have her BF text you to tell you to stop contacting her or they would call the police?

Yep, sounds like something a "nice" girl would do...unless you deserved it, in which case it was entirely reasonable.

What will you do if she brings her BF to coffee?

Good advice. I don't think it's appropriate either. It's pretty degrading meeting an ex gf who is sleeping with another guy. So if it's so inappropriate why is she doing it? Could it be out of pity for me.

Could be -- or things aren't going great with him at the moment -- the "new relationship high" has worn off, and she's seeking out someone familiar who she KNOWS will be there for her, still loves her, etc. -- an ego boost. I think its more likely this than pity.

Her finding another guy and being happy is hard for me to accept. Like I said I'm delusional.

Of course it's hard to accept. All the icky things are. You've gotta learn to do it though. I promise you, it feels awful for awhile, but then, after a time, you feel free.

And, yes, you are delusional. This is not an insult -- it's just a fact, and it's something most of us have been at one time or another when a relationship has ended.

Oh my god, I would hope she would not do that. That's a recipe for disaster. She could just ignore me for crying out loud. Yes, he told me to stop calling her. This was 4 weeks ago.

So you started texting her instead! I hope he doesn't have access to her phone. Maybe you have been texting HIM.

And that is why when you told her you loved her, she didn't reply! Omg.

Good lord. Maybe you're right. You guys are putting some very intense thoughts in my head. The texts were that of a girl. Why would she give her phone to him, that's freaking weird and just plain evil.

Because they asked you to stop contacting and you didn't? That's just plain dense.

Idk I'd say go with the intentions of just going to see her and not getting back with her cause she will know. what if you go and she keeps curving you and says have a good night? Then you will be highly disappointed and hurt and back to square 1. Lower your expectations for now till she gives you more positive signs to be excited about.

Archived