Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

Okay, he said "red onion, mango, radish, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, that's all. Chop up a cup of the veggies and mango. Better when chopped but can be put in a processor." I don't like anything in those except mango, but it's delicious when combined together. I put it on top of the fish in the freshly-made tortillas and add some crunchy lettuce on top. I know he processed all the veggies because he knows I don't like them, but melded together with small chunks of mango, man, it's great.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, he said "red onion, mango, radish, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, that's all. Chop up a cup of the veggies and mango. Better when chopped but can be put in a processor." I don't like anything in those except mango, but it's delicious when combined together. I put it on top of the fish in the freshly-made tortillas and add some crunchy lettuce on top. I know he processed all the veggies because he knows I don't like them, but melded together with small chunks of mango, man, it's great.

LOL just have to share because I love the variety of humans: I like EVERYTHING in that list of ingredients EXCEPT mango. I wish I liked mango. I can tell that it is likable. It is pretty and I even think it tastes good, objectively speaking. But when I put it in my mouth, I do not want it in there.

NO, NO, NO, you NEVER bread fish in fish tacos! That is soooo gringo. Fish tacos in Mexico and most of So Cal are not breaded. The fish can even be raw (yum!). If you bread the fish, you lose a lot of the flavor. Beer batter? Say it isn't so. Not traditional at all. Mango salsa is the bomb! I've never had anything else on my fish tacos. You can buy a tortilla maker for little money and yes, so much better than store bought. Lighter, healthier, and tastier.

NO, NO, NO, you NEVER bread fish in fish tacos! That is soooo gringo. Fish tacos in Mexico and most of So Cal are not breaded. The fish can even be raw (yum!). If you bread the fish, you lose a lot of the flavor. Beer batter? Say it isn't so. Not traditional at all. Mango salsa is the bomb! I've never had anything else on my fish tacos. You can buy a tortilla maker for little money and yes, so much better than store bought. Lighter, healthier, and tastier.

Make my own tortillas? Does it take forever?

You live on the coast. You have fresh fish. I live in the middle of the prairies. Everything has been flash frozen here for the flight out. We work with what we have.

I learned this recipe from Jamie Oliver, it's awesome.

I make my own flour tortillas using this recipe:

/

It's not a lot of work but there's a bit of waiting involved. I don't have a tortilla maker, just roll them out by hand. I think they taste really good.

I'm going to give these a go. They look simple enough (with a lot of elbow grease) and I bet they taste amazing while still warm.

Thanks for sharing!

I love fish of all kinds but I think it's just putting in a taco that sounds weird . My husband might maybe try it . My son definitely would never give it a second look . He would say that's gross and not even consider it . Although he does love breaded and fresh fish .

The fish pictured is grouper and was swimming the day before. My father's girlfriend is a fishmonger.

I love grouper, but my favorite fish in a taco is swordfish. I also don't prefer it fried, but they get the expensive healthy oil, so there's that.

I'm going to give these a go. They look simple enough (with a lot of elbow grease) and I bet they taste amazing while still warm.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm wondering if this recipe can accommodate a mix of flours to include whole wheat soy or almond flours... I am guessing so. It is much like flenjes, or pancakes.

Archived