Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was another shooting in my area early this morning. A couple streets away from me, as a matter of fact. I heard all the police and ambulance sirens rushing past my apartment, but didn't know what it was for. Turns out at least 17 people were shot/wounded at a club. The really sad part is that it is a club for young adults. The club promotes socialization with all forms of life, no matter what your age. Fairly a safe club, actually, until today. The youngest person wounded is 12.

I can't even comprehend it at this point. I'm at the point where I don't get surprised to hear of violence like this anymore. I almost expect it. When weeks and months go by with no news of a shooting, I get surprised. It's so sad. I am ashamed to be part of this day and age.

Yep, it's just a couple streets away. I live on the fringes of the upscale part of town, but after me it descends into the worst part of town very quickly. No middle ground. So shootings, hold-ups, robberies, and kidnappings happen weekly near me.

2 people have died so far and there are still a lot in the hospital. Officials have said that if they die, it will be because of their injuries or the lack of donated blood. So sad. An argument outside the club erupted into a mass shooting.

Someone posted a video on social media of one of the teens lying on the ground outside, taking his last breath. They are trying to get it removed but so far, it is still there. It's already circulating. God, people have no sense of dignity anymore.

I'm really tired today. I didn't get a lot of sleep. I also wore the wrong shoes for the gym today. I'm gonna do my best to push myself out to the gym to at least go walk on the treadmill for a little while. I always want to walk around my neighborhood after work, but it's always raining. Bummer.

Didn't get to go to the gym - I found out late afternoon that my cousin is coming over and wants to stay with me, so I had to go home and clean. I'm bummed. I went to bed early, though, and slept pretty well, although I'm still a bit tired today.

No, not yet. I've only been doing WW for a week and a day... haven't really spent any time exercising yet, apart from every day walking... But I know it'll happen. Next Monday I'm hopeful that 2 friends from my gaming group are going to a boot camp class next Monday - apparently they do it every Monday but yesterday they were out of town. They told me they also go to spinning class on Tuesday and Thursday. I don't know how well I can perform at either of those things, but it would be cool to try it out with friends.

Walking in the rain is the best. Jay and I do it all the time. We have a couple of golf umbrellas we take out with us.

When is your cousin coming to stay with you?

This is going to sound stupid, but... I don't even own an umbrella, lol. I just run to my truck or into wherever I'm going and dodge the rain usually!

She is coming today. She's coming to take my grandma to a doctor appointment and then staying overnight (since she lives 3 hours away).

No, not yet. I've only been doing WW for a week and a day... haven't really spent any time exercising yet, apart from every day walking... But I know it'll happen. Next Monday I'm hopeful that 2 friends from my gaming group are going to a boot camp class next Monday - apparently they do it every Monday but yesterday they were out of town. They told me they also go to spinning class on Tuesday and Thursday. I don't know how well I can perform at either of those things, but it would be cool to try it out with friends.

May I tell you a boot camp story?

When I started going (this particular group is no longer available), I was the best natutal athlete there. I worked out with the men for some things. I was also the least impressive.

There was a woman. D. Eventually, she celebrated her 61st birthday. I'd never have guessed. She showed up ALWAYS. She missed maybe 4 times over several years. She plodded along, doing fewer reps, a slower pace, whatever was comfortable for her. She had a pot belly, and very little muscle tone, none, really, and was maybe , i dont know, 30 pounds, 40 pounds overweight. Not a lot, but I'm just describing her facts.

Over time, she became stronger, moved her push ups from the wall to the ground,made it all the way around the track. Her calves began to show themselves. Her back slimmed down. She gained shape in her shoulders. I learned more from her than anyone else except for Coach.

I miss her. And we all cheered for her, and she for us. There was no difference between us, she and i. so long as we both were there and doing a workout.

Your "performance" at a boot camp or a spin class may be inspirational for someone else. They might not tell you. But if they do, believe them.

I think... if what I type in here reaches at least one person and inspires them to do better.... then no matter what I'm going through, it's worth it.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be here. But I am much better because of what I learn here about myself and others. I've decided instead to schedule Ena time on my calendar. It's a selfish choice, for me, even when the payoff is that someone else is better off - it's a boost for me and a connection. I just need to keep it in balance.

I've learned so many valuable things here. Many of them have been harsh truths, but I appreciate them just the same. It really makes me feel good to be part of everyone's lives on here.... yours, Faraday, Fudgie, Reinvent, Cheet, Sophie, ND, Notalady (to name a few)... to know that what I type on everyone's journals, they read and process, the same as I do with everyone's replies in here. It's just a really good feeling to me to know that I can come here and be honest, and know that the replies I'll get will be heartfelt and from a good place.

I've learned so many valuable things here. Many of them have been harsh truths, but I appreciate them just the same. It really makes me feel good to be part of everyone's lives on here.... yours, Faraday, Fudgie, Reinvent, Cheet, Sophie, ND, Notalady (to name a few)... to know that what I type on everyone's journals, they read and process, the same as I do with everyone's replies in here. It's just a really good feeling to me to know that I can come here and be honest, and know that the replies I'll get will be heartfelt and from a good place.

You've said this well. I hope and sense that many would agree with how you've described it and that feels.good. It feels good to be part of such a place.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be here. But I am much better because of what I learn here about myself and others. I've decided instead to schedule Ena time on my calendar. It's a selfish choice, for me, even when the payoff is that someone else is better off - it's a boost for me and a connection. I just need to keep it in balance.

We're all lucky to have this group.

When I first started on here, there were others that I felt a connection with, but they had been here longer than me, and they left...and for a long while, I felt adrift on ena...like I didn't have friends on here, but I wanted them. I have found my friends on here...my community. And I appreciate that I can be candid with all of you and no one gets bent out of shape- and that I know when people say things I don't like, they're saying it from a place of good intentions.

You guys are my sounding board and my people when I need a perspective bigger than myself. I feel lucky to have found this with you guys.

Archived