Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a nice space that is, Faraday! I love that fire pit over in the background, and I love all the greens you have. I don't have a yard, unfortunately, but I do hope one day I'll be able to have a small garden I can tend to... maybe put some spices in there, and grow some veggies that I like, like lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli.

I love plants. Normally they aren't all piled together in a mass...but...stupid deck. Everything in my yard is chaos. I'll post photos when everything is actually set up. I'm building deck planters right now out of wood from some fence that we tore down when we put up the shed...I hope they turn out.

I love hostas. I bought a bunch this year from costco...they're one of my favourite plants. Do you ever put out potted plants Vic? I get why they want it left the way it was...but it's kind of sad for people living in them to not get to express any personality or have hobbies.

In my last place, I grew tons of things in containers WL, if you have a balcony, you could totally have a garden. I grow most of my herbs in pots...and I have spinach and lettuce growing in pots right now....last year I grew squash, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes and strawberries in pots. I can't see why cucumbers and broccoli couldn't grow in pots as well. Things taste a lot better when you grow them...I look forward to having a veggie patch here at some point....I have a lot of work to do on our soil...it's clay...it's very dense, has no drainage and oh god, it's smelly. It's going to take a while to get it to be a good growing medium.

I have a little veggie garden in the back in pots and palates. We even surrounded it in chickenwire but a groundhog and a baby rabbit have all but decimated it. The groundhog was so brazen he was laying on my back step when I got home yesterday. Like right tucked up against my door. He saw me come around the side of the house he flew up with all his legs in the air and took off. I have had to abandon my lettuce and cilantro because he just loves it. How ever he has not touched my onions, my tomatoes or my peppers.

I don't have a balcony and don't have access to growing anything outside that wouldn't be tampered with by the other tenants in my building. But when I move next, getting a place with a balcony - even if it's not screened in - is going to be on my list!

I have a little veggie garden in the back in pots and palates. We even surrounded it in chickenwire but a groundhog and a baby rabbit have all but decimated it. The groundhog was so brazen he was laying on my back step when I got home yesterday. Like right tucked up against my door. He saw me come around the side of the house he flew up with all his legs in the air and took off. I have had to abandon my lettuce and cilantro because he just loves it. How ever he has not touched my onions, my tomatoes or my peppers.

Hahaha what a little bugger!! Your story made me smile. Good luck with the rest of your veggies

I had rabbits eat my clover to the ground, but that's it.

YOU GUYS.

So I went on my lunch, right, and as I pulled into the parking lot to Subway, I saw a van with the business name on it from that guy I went on, like, 3 dates with last year, do y'all remember? William? And he was weirdly devastated and I was freaking out because it was the first time I had to turn someone down? Anyway, I was like crap! But it can't be him, he wouldn't come this far north, it must be a worker. But IT WAS HIM! He got out and walked into MY Subway with a girl. I was like CRAP! So I sat in my truck for a few minutes waiting for them to come out, but then I thought, what if they decide to eat there?? I don't have time to wait! So I left and went to the grocery store next door to the Subway instead.

This is the same Subway, by the way, where I saw an older man sitting in his car, openly masturbating, a few weeks ago.

I need to not go to this Subway anymore. Sheesh.

He was just an OLD guy I went on I think 3 dates last year, but I didn't feel any chemistry with him and I was asking on here about how to cut it off with him before our next date THAT DAY.

I saw OLD and went to check his age...and was like, hey, he's only a year older than me! And then realize you meant it like OnLine Date...or at least that's what I hope you meant lol. 'Cause I'm not THAT old

Hearing about all these attacks in recent months.... Man, I just don't want to live on this planet anymore. People keep talking about peace and love and sending out all this support, but I just don't think that will happen. There's far too much hatred to overpower any kindness. It really and truly makes me feel despair on a level I can't even describe. How much power do we as individuals really have over our own lives? What does that power even matter?

I had a bunch of very vivid dreams last night. In one of them, I dreamt of me and my family somehow discovering a way to breathe underwater and my parents had decided to move beneath the waters instead of dealing with our current world. At some point, I had difficulty finding and catching my breath, and I woke up with my face pressed into my pillow and it was hard for me to breath. I'm afraid that I was accidently suffocating myself... I've never had that happen before. I didn't think much of it, rolled over and went back to sleep and didn't have more problems, but now I'm thinking about it and it sort of worries me.

Last night I put up a profile through OLD with strict "just looking for people with similar interests to hang out with as friends" on my profile. I want to make some new friends and go out and socialize. I think it's really good for me; I always feel better after having done so.

I have been considering doing meet ups in my area to meet friends. Too many thirsty men in my area to use OKC though, according to someone I know who has used Okc to find friends.

I'm going to look soon but I'd love a mixed similar aged meet up for game players, board games, card games. I have so many games I could bring.

Archived