Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea about the tingling Doctor?

As for sleep...when I get more than 6 hours of sleep, I feel really tired. When I wake up (even in the middle of the night) I get up. And I might be tired earlier in the evening, I tend to feel more awake during the day. I'm sensitive to oversleeping.

Maybe you are too? Or maybe you're on a different sleep schedule. Some people don't sleep in the normal time frames so they feel tired all time when trying to have normal sleep times.

I sleep best from 8-2 or 9-3. I like going to bed early and waking up early. I've been more on Jays schedule lately, and I think that's partly why I'm grumpy- I'm not getting the right sleep. *shrugs*. Something to think about.

Something strange I'm noticing today.... My face feels sort of numb. Mainly my lips. They tingle a little and are numb, and my neck feels sort of tingly, too. What gives?

Maybe tension in your jaw or neck is impacting nerves, or a disc in neck. I feel for you and look forward to your Dr visit.

Toda is the day my up north friend would have been coming to visit. I'm bummed. I made plans with a friend to go play pool later tonight, but he canceled because of family stuff and asked to reschedule for next week. So now I have to come up with something to distract myself after work. Sigh.

I got an appointment for my doctor on August 20, but I emailed them through their portal and asked for an earlier one. I'm thinking of asking my mom to go with me, too.

That's so far away! Definitely ask for one sooner. They always have slots for emergencies and I would say what you've described here qualifies. Can you take any time off work to go to an appointment?

I got an appointment for my doctor on August 20, but I emailed them through their portal and asked for an earlier one. I'm thinking of asking my mom to go with me, too.

Yes, I applaud having your mom there. Glad you are being a good self advoate.

I honestly don't feel like I'm doing anything. I have a list of things I want to talk to my doctor about. Nutrition, weight loss, the bad thoughts, my medication, getting blood work for diabetes. I also have to make an appt with my oncologist because I had to cancel it this summer. So there's that. And I have dental work to do, and my doctor will likely refer me out again for behavioral health, so I'll have to find a new doctor for that. Make an eye doctor appt because I'm well over the yearly check. I feel tired already... I don't really want to go through all that again. I hope my workplace doesn't get mad for all the time I'll be leaving early/coming in late.

I can take time out of work as long as I'm able to make it up during the week by skipping lunch or coming in a half hour early.

Oh great. That can give you some flexibility as far as appointments times. I would call up and be quite insistent (but polite). They can often find a way to squeeze you in.

I honestly don't feel like I'm doing anything. I have a list of things I want to talk to my doctor about. Nutrition, weight loss, the bad thoughts, my medication, getting blood work for diabetes. I also have to make an appt with my oncologist because I had to cancel it this summer. So there's that. And I have dental work to do, and my doctor will likely refer me out again for behavioral health, so I'll have to find a new doctor for that. Make an eye doctor appt because I'm well over the yearly check. I feel tired already... I don't really want to go through all that again. I hope my workplace doesn't get mad for all the time I'll be leaving early/coming in late.

Make a list. Hang it up. When yoube got an item done use a HIGHLIGHTER to highlight the item that is complete. It will give you positive reinforcement to see the bright yellows on your list.

Make the list apecific. Call DR to arrange appointment, for example.

That gas station sign made me LOL. Ha. I'm guessing that can't be current or does your gas cost that much?!

I agree with IThinkICan about the to-do lists. I make some for myself all the time and put really simple stuff on there (email teacher to ask for syllabus, order more coffee online, return X's phone call). It makes me feel great to cross things off and see that I am making progress. I know some people say to start your day doing the hardest thing on your to-do list. That's great if you're up to it, but if I'm having a hard time I try to start my day doing really small manageable tasks. That helps me build confidence and get myself into a better mood before I try to tackle something bigger.

I'm so jealous of your trees. I want palm trees damn it! I'm surrounded by evergreens. I mean, Christmas really feels like Christmas here (and for months, not just a week or two) which is awesome...but I would love to be surrounded by palms. So nice.

As long as you make up the time, I'm sure they'll be fine with it. You don't really like that job anyway, right? Btw, have you still been submitting applications to other places?

Palm trees are very overrated! I'd much prefer some Christmas pines year around! Let's trade!

I haven't been submitting any other applications. I've decided to try to stick it out for 6 months here and then try to get a position elsewhere in the company. I'd rather try that first because then I will still be with the same company and it'll look better on my resume for when I do leave. I only have another 4 months or so, and less than one month til my insurance starts. I can do it.

Gas is $4.28/gallon here right now (or $1.07/litre which is how we roll)...most of it is taxes though.

Crazy.

Ouch!! I remember earlier this year, it got down below $2/gallon. And once it start creeping back up, people started complaining. And I'm like, remember when it was over $4/gallon in 2008? Stop complaining!!

Palm trees are very overrated! I'd much prefer some Christmas pines year around! Let's trade!

I haven't been submitting any other applications. I've decided to try to stick it out for 6 months here and then try to get a position elsewhere in the company. I'd rather try that first because then I will still be with the same company and it'll look better on my resume for when I do leave. I only have another 4 months or so, and less than one month til my insurance starts. I can do it.

I think you're making the right call. I hope you can get transferred- that would be ideal.

Archived