He ended the date on a handshake?is this good or bad?

mysty

Hey so I met up with this guy I've been speaking to for 2months. He gave me a handshake when we met. He's 27 I'm 20.

We planned on going ice skating we met up in this shopping centre. He said he was nervous about ice skating we walked over to the ice rink to watch it for a while , he wasn't sure about it. I persuaded him to go but when we went the next session wasn't for another 2 hours so we left it and he joked about how he was lucky he didn't have to skate. When we met at the start he'd told me he had to see his mate after as his girlfriend had just broken up with him.. We walked around was gonna get food but decided to get coffee. We paid for ourselves walked around the town a bit talking and he said we'd walk down towards his car . We were near his car and he said he's gonna head off an see his mate the one who'd girlfriend just broke up with him . He gave me a handshake and said it was nice meeting you keep in touch or he might have say I'll keep in touch . I just said yeah it was nice and said bye. I don't know if that was good or not? What should I do next? I don't know if he's interested or not since we didn't kiss we talked a lot an got on okay but I have no clue how it went. Intitially before we met up he'd asked me out a few times but I was busy the times he asked. I asked him out for this one as he said he wanted to try ice skating even though he was worried about.

I can't tell if he was interested or not. I know when we spoke online he wasn't that forward when asking me out it was more casual. Should I text him or wait? I may have been slightly nervous so I don't know if I came accross as interested I was distant at times. He'd said his friend got back from Germany and his girlfriend had broken up with him and he had to check that he was okay. He said this a few times..

What do I do next or what should I text?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let him text you next. If he's interested at all, he'll text you and ask You out to do something. If he doesn't, then keep looking. Next time, just so it makes it appear that you're actually interested in him, if a guy asks you out and you're busy on the time he asks, then suggest another date/time right away so that he knows you do indeed want to meet him but you just can't on the date he suggests.

You have let him know you're interested now by asking him out. It's his turn now, I'd say.

Doesn't sound like your date went that well. Not because of lack of kissing, but the overall picture. Slow to get around to the date, saying that he'd like skating, then balking at it, walk around, think about eating, but then opt for just coffee, keep telling you how he has to go with an odd sounding excuse..... Personally, I wouldn't chase this one and leave him to reach out to me if he wants. I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen either.

I really have no idea, it seemed like he was worried about his friend tbh .

Should I send this message? "I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time if you're not too nervous?" Or just leave it as" I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time" Maybe add in (hope your friend was okay)

Doesn't sound like your date went that well. Not because of lack of kissing, but the overall picture. Slow to get around to the date, saying that he'd like skating, then balking at it, walk around, think about eating, but then opt for just coffee, keep telling you how he has to go with an odd sounding excuse..... Personally, I wouldn't chase this one and leave him to reach out to me if he wants. I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen either.

The places were busy , it was really big we couldn't find anywhere so we both decided on coffee. He said he was nervous and worried about skating before we went. He was afraid of falling but I did persuade him to skate but we'd have had to wait around for 2 hours which we didn't want.

Should I text him saying this. " I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time if you're not too nervous?" Or just leave it as" I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time" Maybe add in (hope your friend was okay)

No. Dont text him at all. He is NOT interested. If he was so worried about his friend he would have rescheduled your date so he would have adequate time with you.

Any guy that shook my hand after a date never called me again. The ones who did were the ones who kissed me or hugged me.

Should I text him saying this. " I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time if you're not too nervous?" Or just leave it as" I had a nice time, we should do it again maybe try out ice skating next time" Maybe add in (hope your friend was okay)

No. lol. Go on a date with someone else.

I'm thinking just to give me a peace of mind to text just to know where I stand?

Stop, stop and then stop. If he doesn't text you and ask you for another date then you know where you stand. While you're waiting to see if he cares enough to actually ask you on another outing, get the book "He's Just Not That Into You" and read what women go through that do all the pursuing.

You're going to drive yourself batty. Just wait. It will be so much more rewarding to you if you wait and he actually calls you or emails or texts you in the next couple of days for a re-do. At least then you'll know he's actually interested and you haven't co-erced him into anything.

I just have a funny feeling he was unsure how I was feeling. I just said at the end "Yeah it was nice" and we said goodbye so I didn't act interested.

I'm thinking maybe give it some space and on Monday text "I had a nice time on Saturday, we should meet up again - I hope your friend was okay?"

Archived