Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people on

John John

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cats just annoy me. I don't want to have to earn the affection of my pet. I brought it home, I keep it healthy, I feed it, I pet it...I want that stupid thing to adore me! I don't want to be ignored, clawed, or pounced upon.

Note, i'm cool if a woman has a cat, though.

Aw, ya that's sweet! Sounds like you found yourself a winner!

That's what I did when I found mice in a house I used to live in. I couldn't bear to kill the poor things. They really are so cute with there little pawsies, and teeny nosies.

Well, he is by no means perfect, but when I think about things like that, it does remind me not only why I was attracted to him like I never have been to anyone else, but why I've stayed around.

I thought about something else about him, and I realise these things I find attractive don't just apply to the opposite sex - they are traits I find attractive in anyone.

Another thing about him I find truly attractive is his ability to see wonder and beauty in things which we mostly take for granted. For example, spiders and especially how they build their webs. He pointed out the incredible engineering involved in a spider building it's web. The spider will do that every day or whenever someone destroys it's home. I remember him naming a specific type of spider which has a very, very strong type of thread in it's web and that scientists have been studying that and working out how to apply that knowledge in engineering.

Another fascination we share is seeing old sheds, barns, etc, some partly fallen down, partly still standing in paddocks. Sometimes, very old partly fallen down houses too. It's like you get to thinking about their history and story - well that's part of it. Maybe it's got a lot to do with meeting up with "kindred spirits".

oh MCJDreamy you're a kitten-cuddler too!! I love cats but then I developed a mild allergy so I can no longer cuddle them or I get sneezy which sucks! I like the really hairy cats with smushed-in faces--Persian/Himalayan. I like when they sit on you and purr and their eyes get all droopy and they knead with there little paws, lol. Aw I bet you miss having a cat around.

I have a little dog, I snuggle the crap out of the poor thing, lol, he enjoys it though!

Check out this for your daily animal fix:

link removed

Yes, I love cats! I love both cats and dogs, but I think I like cats slightly more. I'm not really sure why. I was always a dog guy my entire life until my ex. She turned me on to cats, big time. I used to look at cats as mean and sneaky, but if you know how to deal with them, they're actually extremely affectionate, yet also self sufficient (which is good for my busy lifestyle).

My ex took a picture of me when I was holding/kissing one of our cats and always said it was one of her favorites because my arms looked so big and I guess I looked "tough, yet gentle at the same time." lol. I need to track that picture down and put it in rotation in my online dating portfolio!

Oh, funny! I'm the queen of having weird turn ons.

Outdoorsy work clothes, like Carhartt pants, especially the thick khaki workpants with tool loops.

When a guy has such an extreme interest in something ordinary. Like a fascination with trees and plants, picking a leaf of a tree and saying what it's species name is, the characteristics of it, etc, then bringing all the plant samples home.

When men wear knit sweaters or buttoned vests over their dress shirts. It just shows an extra attempt to be dressed up, rather than just the plain button down shirt by itself. And suits and ties. (But only when worn by a guy who normally NEVER wears suits and ties, like those with a physical job. For men who would wear a suit everyday to work, it's the opposite. Seeing Mr. Suit in casual shorts and T shirts or Carhartt pants would be attractive.)

The George Clooney salt and pepper hair, and sometimes with the grayish stubble.

Deep cheek dimples.

Dark, somewhat heavy eyebrows. Not as heavy as Colin Farrell's, but I just think men with eyebrows are much more attractive than men who have very pale or nonexistent eyebrows. Which is one reason I am not as attracted to blonde or fair haired men as I am to dark haired/complexioned men.

Chubbiness for certain men. Some men look better with a little more weight on them, with a bit of a belly and round cheeks. It makes them look younger and cuter, which is what I hear some men prefer for women. I am not attracted to men with very drawn, haggard, "old" faces.

Guys with loud and infectious laughs. If there's a group of people in an audience, the speaker says something funny, and one man has the loudest, goofiest laugh, I just immediately think that guy is wonderful.

The expression guys get on their faces when they are all serious and concentrating on their work. Sometimes their tongue sticks out in concentration, and their eyes get intense and squinty. So cute!

I like some strange things myself..

I like a guy with his arm/leg in plaster (cast). Dunno why, it just looks odd and stiff and I like that.

Clumsy guys. I imagine they have too much energy and don't know how to channel it, makes me think they'll be passionate in bed.

Guys with unusual hair, particularly long hair or big afro, mohican etc

Anything unusual in clothes, tattoos, maybe some piercings too, ears sticking out, big beard etc

Very scruffy guys, a bit smelly too even. This is part of that dynamic Thor mentioned earlier. I wear nice dresses and nice earrings and like guys that are a bit messy and dirty.

I like a girl who is as far away from me as possible in style. I look "tough", they look "sweet".

Guys that are a bit awkward and random.

Guys that can't cook.

Guys that exhibit a teenage enthusiasm about the female body. I have been dating this guy on/off that loses his words when I look at him or tells me I should be a moel and other irrational things.

These are he WEIRD things I like, I like a lot of normal things like someone quick and competent, smart, family oriented, arty and intellectual.

Yes, I love cats! I love both cats and dogs, but I think I like cats slightly more. I'm not really sure why. I was always a dog guy my entire life until my ex. She turned me on to cats, big time. I used to look at cats as mean and sneaky, but if you know how to deal with them, they're actually extremely affectionate, yet also self sufficient (which is good for my busy lifestyle).

My ex took a picture of me when I was holding/kissing one of our cats and always said it was one of her favorites because my arms looked so big and I guess I looked "tough, yet gentle at the same time." lol. I need to track that picture down and put it in rotation in my online dating portfolio!

Ya you should, you'll get bonus points for sure!

Different ethnicities, i love learning about their culture, and i always feel like we stick out. I hate conforming and i love history, so i always like women outside of my culture.

Intelligent women with a deep passion. I like a woman that can debate, because i can, and even though sometimes we can butt heads, i still like a woman who has a sharp tongue, especially when its unleash on someone else and i can see her showoff.

Women with a deep passion for something. Painting, flowers, animals- whatever, but that they are so embedded in it that they talk about it all the time. I am always the one yapping about something, i would like for them to do the same. I had one ex that would talk about philosophy all the time i would just stare at her with hearts pumping around me.

Different ethnicities, i love learning about their culture,

Same. For me it's my love of learning overall and it translates to liking outside my culture as I am often introduced to a world different to my own. I don't have a proper experience though of dating someone from my country because I have lived abroad 12 years now, part of me would like to see what it's like (tried it a bit a couple of times and found it somewhat boring which is bizarre)

Intelligent women with a deep passion

That's not weird!

When men wear knit sweaters or buttoned vests over their dress shirts.

Agree with that too.

I also really like contradictions. Someone that looks geeky but is actually a bit wild/edgy or someone that looks wild and streetwise but is mega sensitive.

Oh and I forgot to add, um, maybe post that pic here too...I wouldn't mind seeing that...

Lol...hard to explain. Its a much different walk than women have though...unless you're light in the loafers lol

Well...most men do have atleast a slightly different walk than women.

Is this some strut or somethin? haha I just have a regular walk. One foot infront of the other. Tho i'm rather clumsy, so sometimes I randomly stumble if I don't watch my step. lol

Well...most men do have atleast a slightly different walk than women.

Is this some strut or somethin? haha I just have a regular walk. One foot infront of the other. Tho i'm rather clumsy, so sometimes I randomly stumble if I don't watch my step. lol

Lmao...now you're making me think of John Travolta when he did the 'strut' in Stayin Alive...lol..but not quite like that. He looks too pimpish

Guys with a hard shell, soft interior.

You know when they seem either very standoffish, or maybe a "bad boy" or the guy with "swagger." And then you find out they are actually a teddy bear, and sensitive. It is a turn on.

Or men playing with their kids. Or putting bandaids on them or comforting them when they get hurt or are crying.

Hmm.. my taste for girls is pretty normal. I guess you could say I hate it when girls have long hair. I prefer short hair around shoulder length.

I don't mind short hair on women, which a lot of men do. To me it's insecure to mind things like that, but that's just me.

How short are we talking? I honestly don't like short hair on women. I mean, if her face is that gorgeous, then I guess I could get over it...but I don't think I've ever dated a woman who kept her hair shorter than shoulder length. I dunno, one thing I love about women is long hair....love running my fingers through it. And smelling it. Yeah I know, I'm a weirdo

Guys with a hard shell, soft interior.

You know when they seem either very standoffish, or maybe a "bad boy" or the guy with "swagger." And then you find out they are actually a teddy bear, and sensitive. It is a turn on.

Is this really deemed weird?

Isn't this the opinion of nearly the majority of women?

Another thing I love in women. Non-NY accents. Especially Brit-ish and midwestern (think Minnesota) accents. Loves it! Come to think of it, I think the NYC dating scene has resulted in just being outside of NY/NJ (NJ girls are similarly devoid of personalities like NY girls) being a turn on for me.

Though I am dating one NY girl right now who seems to have a personality, so take this with a grain of salt. We shall see!

How short are we talking? I honestly don't like short hair on women. I mean, if her face is that gorgeous, then I guess I could get over it...but I don't think I've ever dated a woman who kept her hair shorter than shoulder length. I dunno, one thing I love about women is long hair....love running my fingers through it. And smelling it. Yeah I know, I'm a weirdo

You freak....

Archived