Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people on

John John

Oh MCJDreamy, you have dimples too?! Oh my...

Chin dimple too? Chin dimple gets you a bonus point!

I agree with the veiny arms and hands, yep definitely a (weird) turn-on for sure. And any guy that knows how to cook, and enjoys cooking. That is so hot. And guys that have a sweet tooth and appreciate baked goods. I have dated so any guys that didn't like sweets, so I could never seduce them with my chocolatey baked treats.

Oh happpybear...I love the nickname I will just call you sexybear (I have a feeling you're quite cute)

I do NOT have the chin dimple. I have dimples on my cheeks and bushy-ish eyebrows (that I never pluck, I like em like that). I sometimes have visible veins in my forearms...depends on how long it has been since I'd lifted at any given time.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I see you reading a book! haha. Not an e reader, not on your phone, not an iPad, but a book!

It only counts if there is nothing in your ears too.

Not that weird, right?

But oh there are so many. And I don't really raise an eyebrow very often at people's 'weird' turn ons. I find new ones of my own all the time!

Oh happpybear...I love the nickname

Glad you like it!

I will just call you sexybear (I have a feeling you're quite cute)

You would be correct, sir (or so I have been told)

That's good that you don't pluck, because that would be weird IMO (and not in a good way). Unless there is a uni-brow situation that needs to be addressed, men should leave the eyebrows alone.

Lol, this reminds me of that episode of Friends where Joey gets his eyebrows waxed, rofl.

I had a real life friend who pulled a Joey wax and it was ...oh I felt bad for him, but it was really funny too! lol. And also, the poor bugger was worried about his greys (and why? nothing wrong with a few greys at all on a man!) and dyed his own hair. Very few men pull this off well - at least go to a salon. Cause they always seem to pick BLACK or BLONDE ...he chose BLACK....and it looked like a wig.

So here he came in so proud and it looked like he had a toupee and way too feminine eyebrows that looked drawn on.

His girlfriend couldn't be honest, but I could. I'm giggling thinking of it. Poor guy.

Wow! This thread really is one of those things you just can't unsee, no matter how much you wish you could!

Always makes me shudder how many men are turned on when women appear nervous and submissive and so many women are turned on by guys that make them feel small and protected.

So. Creepy!

Geeky women... not really a turn-on per se, but i marvel at them when i see them geeking out... im like.. "they exist?"

I dont like videogame girls though, they look annoying to me. They fill my facebook with, "out on cod, game girls ruuuule!", i just feel like commenting with; "oh, shut up..."

I like a girl who is as far away from me as possible in style. I look "tough", they look "sweet". I am aggressive, they are non-aggressive (not just sexually or passionately, but calming me down when i get mad at someone- its like i turn my anger into sexual energy or something).

Also, being super sweet and nice is a turn-on. This is rare in nyc, they are usually a breed of women that are outside of nyc. I rarely fall for a city girl.

Geeky women... not really a turn-on per se, but i marvel at them when i see them geeking out... im like.. "they exist?"

Hahaha! I think the same way. And geeky women who are hot are even rarer. Like you said, "Girl gamers rule!!!" kind of girls are a little too much...I like geeky girls who are low key about it. I'm a huge nerd/geek, but I play it down really well. My roommate and his friends went out partying last night. I stayed in reading and then played Final Fantasy I don't tell girls right when I met them that I love nerdy RPGs/videogames. I like girls who just have nerdy/quirky interests, while still keeping their nerd/cool ratio in check.

Also, being super sweet and nice is a turn-on. This is rare in nyc, they are usually a breed of women that are outside of nyc. I rarely fall for a city girl.

As a fellow native New Yorker, I confirm this is 1000% true. I feel like all women in NYC, so long as they're at least average looking, think they're the sh#t and that they deserve the storybook prince charming. It's amazing. I see so many girls that really aren't great looking walking around with their b#%tch shields on. I think to myself "you need to shop around for a new personality sweetheart." This is exactly why I'm courting that girl from MN...she's hot and nice and she likes me. Go figure. She's gonna come visit me now next month, can't wait to see her again.

I have some other options with NYC girls...but I'm into MN girl the most because she actually has a personality in addition to being attractive. Which is nearly impossible to find in NYC, as we've seen.

Hahaha! I think the same way. And geeky women who are hot are even rarer. Like you said, "Girl gamers rule!!!" kind of girls are a little too much...I like geeky girls who are low key about it. I'm a huge nerd/geek, but I play it down really well. My roommate and his friends went out partying last night. I stayed in reading and then played Final Fantasy I don't tell girls right when I met them that I love nerdy RPGs/videogames. I like girls who just have nerdy/quirky interests, while still keeping their nerd/cool ratio in check.

I tell girls i am into geeky sh*t. It helps clean my image. The girl i am talking to thinks im a player, everything made me look bad on our date- so it helped when i told her i dont party and i stay home reading or meet up with geeky hipsters for a strategic boardgame night. I even showed her some games, she just kept saying, "are you serious? You look like your room should be full of dj equipment, not games".

As a fellow native New Yorker, I confirm this is 1000% true. I feel like all women in NYC, so long as they're at least average looking, think they're the sh#t and that they deserve the storybook prince charming. It's amazing. I see so many girls that really aren't great looking walking around with their b#%tch shields on. I think to myself "you need to shop around for a new personality sweetheart." This is exactly why I'm courting that girl from MN...she's hot and nice and she likes me. Go figure. She's gonna come visit me now next month, can't wait to see her again.

I have some other options with NYC girls...but I'm into MN girl the most because she actually has a personality in addition to being attractive. Which is nearly impossible to find in NYC, as we've seen.

With nyc women, you have to play games. You have to be tough and careless, but not be psychotic and too careless that they think you are a womanizer. Its takes a certain breed of man to thrive in this atmosphere. When i met the girl im seeing, i sat there and read her body language, the way she talked (im not a therapist like her, but i can read people- its my mutant gift) and i actually got nervous and shy- which hasnt happened in years... i was like "oh sh&t, a real woman.. and she already likes me". She knew i was nervous, i was afraid she would think i was on coke or something so i just made up some excuse that i was running around before she arrived. Shes from NJ from a small town, last time this happened was with my ex who was from upstate in a small town.

Wow! This thread really is one of those things you just can't unsee, no matter how much you wish you could!

Always makes me shudder how many men are turned on when women appear nervous and submissive and so many women are turned on by guys that make them feel small and protected.

So. Creepy!

I'm glad someone else posted that. Yay.

Haha...that would've been my first impression of you too. I'm sure these girls love the fact that your personality is quite different from what they would first think. Plus you're actually intelligent, which is also a plus for almost all women.

I am who I am. I do just fine getting numbers in real life and dates from online. If there's one thing I've learned from this forum that has stayed in my head, it's that "Love isn't a quest you can go on." It sounds corny as hell, but I kinda believe now that it just finds you, or you stumble upon it by chance. So I'm just doing my thing and trying to keep my expectations in check. It'll happen when its supposed to happen. Even if I am doomed to date NYC girls...I hope, anyway!

So. Creepy!

allcity: it is in genetic makeups. No matter the gender: gay, lesbian, bisexuals and transgenders alike either want to protect or be protected. My chum makes me feel anything but small: he built me up during a struggling time in my life. As a female, I enjoy being treated with kit gloves and looked after. This has been on going since the beginning of time.

There are blokes and there are gentlemen: there are birds and ladies. Blokes fancy themselves as female slayers and take great pride in shagging a variety of women. Gentlemen appreciate the chance to be respectful of a lady. Birds are easily led on by blokes. Ladies enjoy being treated with respect. A lady would never entertain a relationship with a shag-about: a bloke. And a gentleman would never enjoy the company of a bird. I hope this clears things up for you.

We are all animals when it comes down to it.

Sure. Not everyone is the same though.

I was glad allcity posted that because that was my reaction too. We are talking about turn ons. And it's not surprising that those would be turns on for some people. For me though, it's the opposite: that is a huge turn off.

I don't really believe it is about our genetics so much as it is about power. Power - always been a huge mixing factor in people's sexuality and turn ons/turn offs. Some people get excited at differences in power. Some people, not so much. I surely fall into "not so much".

In my circle, a bird is different (aka pidgeon). She wants to sleep around, lets not pretend there arent women players out there, they are just too picky to be out there. Last girl i was in a relationship was married, she would come over just to have sex. Last girl i dated told me during the date that she wants to lick and suck everything on me, i just sat there like... ", i was talking about cars". There have been times where i felt like the woman, where she was trying to engage in sex and im trying to talk to her and get in her head.

And what is being said here is gender stereotypes. Male being the protector/provider, and the woman being the submissive but nuturing being. Even with modern society shaking things up, there is still a return to these old types that creates attraction. Some will say its embedded in our actual bodies and genetic make-up. Most women i date seriously - are independent, and if i say anything like, "whos that guy..." she will bark and state her freedom, but when sh*t hits the fan and she feels shes unsafe, i come in and take care of things - and better believe she is all over me that night- even though a few minutes ago shes yelling at me for being too negligent or barbaric- while im still fuming over what happened shes trying to slip close to me.

But, there are different triggers for people, but in my experience from being active in the dating world, these stereotypes by probablity will gather attraction.

I hope this clears things up for you.

With all due respect, there was nothing complicated there that needed to be cleared up for me. I totally get that some people are turned on by feeling dominant in a relationship and that others prefer feeling dominated.

Whether you prefer to call them 'blokes' or 'birds' or whatever else, though, it all boils down to the same thing. Some people like to feel in charge and some people like to feel taken care of in their dates/relationships.

I'm just saying that I find BOTH to be equally creepy and unhealthy attitudes that come from profound insecurity of one type or another, even if some people like to fool themselves that it is 'natural' human behaviour.

It might be natural for some people but don't make the mistake of thinking that just because a lot of people feel the same way, that it makes it a healthy and/or normal attitude to dating and relationships. It isn't!

But hey, as long as they find happiness and enjoy successful long-term (i.e. longer than 6-7 years) relationships, who am I to say what's right or wrong. It's all just personal preference! It just isn't MY preference.

Hands.

I like hands on a guy. Different types, as well - large hands, since I'm quite short makes me feel very diminutive and female. And long fine fingered hands - I just like the shape and imagining them touching me. Not necessarily fondling, just touching/shaping.

Might be considered odd... but ah well

I think most women like large hands on a guy.

Sadly, I have small girl hands.

I think most women like large hands on a guy.

Sadly, I have small girl hands.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the size of your hands...I'd worry more about the chronic low self-esteem and inability to ever say anything positive about yourself. Guess which will be more of a turn-off!

So. Creepy!

I agree it's creepy.

It's basically a man getting off at the idea that he might be able to take advantage of her.

Something is not right about that.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the size of your hands...I'd worry more about the chronic low self-esteem and inability to ever say anything positive about yourself. Guess which will be more of a turn-off!

I don't go around talking about this stuff in public. I only talk about it here, on the internet.

I like it when women wear black rimmed glasses that are small and have kinda of a point at the end of the sides. It's hard for me to explain waht they look it, but it's super hot.

Archived