Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people on

John John

I grew up in Chicago and lived there until I was in my 30's and I would say Chicago girl's attitudes are identical to NYC. Only big difference is Chicago has lots of blondes because of all of the Scandanavian immigrants while NYC has Jewish women instead.

I love Chi...one of my exes is from there. I haven't done a lot of dating there but the women i've talked to seem nice.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in the Midwest but lived in LA for a while....while I was there I never wanted for date...it was like guys learned I was an import and were drawn to like magic( of course they were all just playing the field and not ready to settle down but they were everywhere!). Funny b/c here in the mid west guys want locals but all the girls wan imports.

So maybe the Guys like Thors and MCJD need to switch me places for a while. Do you guys seek out non New Yorkers? Like online do you see profiles that say "Just moved here from Indiana" and think..."YES!!" lol

I grew up in the Midwest but lived in LA for a while....while I was there I never wanted for date...it was like guys learned I was an import and were drawn to like magic( of course they were all just playing the field and not ready to settle down but they were everywhere!). Funny b/c here in the mid west guys want locals but all the girls wan imports.

So maybe the Guys like Thors and MCJD need to switch me places for a while. Do you guys seek out non New Yorkers? Like online do you see profiles that say "Just moved here from Indiana" and think..."YES!!" lol

I have, but some women come to NYC to live and party the NYC night life- thats what i call "wannabes"- and they party harder and tougher than the locals- so it will take a long time for them to burn out.

I just got out on a date, im not picky who i go on one date with. But i notice certain women stick out, who talk sincerely and honestly, and they arent afraid to show a little vulnerability and not stoop to games (games as in, "i cant show this guy too much interest"). Also, nyc women seem to have bad history with men, i dont know whos at fault but i always make the statement that i do not want to pay for the last guys mistakes.

Most of the best women i dated (and most i was falling for)- were from nyc. When i date nyc women, i notice either a wall i have to climb, or the mask - and it prompts me to play that game also - either to scale the wall that she is basically setting up for me to climb, or to crack that mask and see who she is inside.

Most of the best women i dated (and most i was falling for)- were from nyc. When i date nyc women, i notice either a wall i have to climb, or the mask - and it prompts me to play that game also - either to scale the wall that she is basically setting up for me to climb, or to crack that mask and see who she is inside.

This is so messed up.

What is messed up?

And oops i mean, the ones i fell for were originally from outside of nyc. Bufallo, california, upstate and new jersey: all small towns.

I was referring to the mask and the wall as being messed-up, that people can't be real from the beginning. It saddens me, is all.

Apart from some of the unusual things I like in a guy what I like the most is contradictions. Someone that looks a certain way but is also another. Looks very normal but is weird, looks kooky but is super stable (my ideal), looks rough but is intellectual, calm but has a lot of passion/temper, composed but very sensitive/vulnerable, is a good guy but is quite kinky.

It's very hard to meet someone like that, where the contradictions co exist harmonically.

I love seeing pretty girls or girls who you think would be lady-like being a bit un-lady-like , againt the stereotype or social norms.

For example, yawning without covering mouth

Eating messily

Being greedy

Being very drunk

Slouching

Being lazy

For example, had a pretty girl sitting next to me on the aeroplane falling asleep with multiple books on her eating tray, her headphones tangled over her foot somehow, and slouching. Loved it.

I'm a bit looney

This was in one of the turn-offs listed in the one of the latest posts on the corresponding "Weird Things...Turn-offs" thread but I really like it!

Men with really long eyelashes and/or sparkly eyes

I love it when a guy has thick, dark and long lashes, just makes me want to gaze in his eyes all the more!

Another major turn on that I just discovered...girls with blonde hair and pink highlights/strawberry blondes!! OMFG! I went to the dentist this morning for a checkup, and his assistant had blonde hair and pink highlights...I asked her out, but she told me she was married with three kids. She's 29, my age...three kids!!!??? lol

Archived