Women, would you lie about BC to a man to get pregnant?

Firiel

Would you lie about birth control to trick your partner into impregnating you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you lie about birth control to trick your partner into impregnating you?

• No, never!
    • Only if I felt he just needed a little nudging.
    • I wouldn't think twice about it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer of no is the morally correct answer. Many people will tell others how they would never do such and such (eg cheating) but do it. Their righteous indignation does not match their actions. I could be wrong, but I suspect not many people on here would actually answer yes to this poll..but that doesn't mean they haven't done it or would never dream of doing it...sometimes people give the information that they know others want to hear, not what they actually practice.

I wanted to add,

I had a friend in middle school, I'll call her N. Her mother (A) did this. When A and N's father (B), started dating A told him she could not get pregnant. Well, then my A found out she was pregnant with N. A and B got married and had two more kids. Their relationship was highly dysfunctional. On of their kids developed an eating disorder and one tried to over dose on some prescription drugs.

Bring kids into a relationship when they will be resented should be a criminal offence.

I wanted to add,

I had a friend in middle school, I'll call her N. Her mother (A) did this. When A and N's father (B), started dating A told him she could not get pregnant. Well, then my A found out she was pregnant with N. A and B got married and had two more kids. Their relationship was highly dysfunctional. On of their kids developed an eating disorder and one tried to over dose on some prescription drugs.

Bring kids into a relationship when they will be resented should be a criminal offence.

I remember reading an article not too long ago, I'm not sure where the story was, but a man was charged because he poked holes in a condom so he could get his g/f pregnant. I think both actions are equivalent.

I remember reading an article not too long ago, I'm not sure where the story was, but a man was charged because he poked holes in a condom so he could get his g/f pregnant. I think both actions are equivalent.

That is terrible. That should be a criminal offense!

I think many women will say "No" because it's the morally correct thing to say but yet we hear so many stories of it actually happening.

I think when the time comes, if the bio clock is ticking hard enough and there isn't enough willpower, a woman will rationalize the crap out of the situation. "But he'd LOOOVE a baby! It's better for us!!"

If your SO didn't want kids (yet or ever), would you lie to him about being on birth control to trick him into getting you pregnant?

No way, that is major insecurity!! What are the chances of the guy even sticking around? It's like you're setting yourself up to be a single parent..

It's just sooooo wrong.

There are a lot of things we all say we would NEVER do... but that desperate people do all the time. A poll will tell you nothing.

I'm one of those people who was desperate for many years. I had many opportunities to get pregnant through deceit. I never did it and was never even tempted to do it because I didn't want to bring a child into the world under those circumstances. No way..

There are a lot of things we all say we would NEVER do... but that desperate people do all the time. A poll will tell you nothing.

I agree. Some won't give in to temptation, others will. But no woman (who can be known on this board) is going to admit to it because so many of us find it a horrible thing.

Even people who have quite obviously done it deny it profusely, even when the evidence is stacked up against them. Honestly, how many women are gonna come on here and vote yes? This poll tells us nothing. It would only work if it was anonymous and more people were asked.

Even people who have quite obviously done it deny it profusely, even when the evidence is stacked up against them. Honestly, how many women are gonna come on here and vote yes? This poll tells us nothing. It would only work if it was anonymous and more people were asked.

It is anonymous.

Clearly this is not a scientific poll. Thanks for pointing that out.

No way. And now that we have a child and know what that entails for a relationship and how everything of the harmony in the family depends on teamwork, love, and responsibilities... NO way with capitals. You both have to want it. I know of people whose husband didn't want another kid after the first. I actually know of one who got pregnant while lying to the husband about BC. It completely broke his trust.

Archived