Women, would you lie about BC to a man to get pregnant?

Firiel

Would you lie about birth control to trick your partner into impregnating you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you lie about birth control to trick your partner into impregnating you?

• No, never!
    • Only if I felt he just needed a little nudging.
    • I wouldn't think twice about it.

Even people who have quite obviously done it deny it profusely, even when the evidence is stacked up against them. Honestly, how many women are gonna come on here and vote yes? This poll tells us nothing. It would only work if it was anonymous and more people were asked.

The poll is not a good statistic because of the reactions on the thread that create a bias to the acceptable answer. But the thread is very useful for people who are in the situation where they are not agreeing with their partner about having kids nonetheless. There is no scientific aim here.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think another way to phrase the question, would you try to keep a man by "accidentally" getting pregnant?

The poll would probably have the same results.. People do it.. When people are calm, they know the moral answer is "no"; desperate times though..

Everyone (the man and the woman) should be responsible for their own birth control.

Men could poke holes in condoms, so women should take the pill to be safe. Women could forget to take the pill, or could mistakingly think they are infertile, so men should wear condoms. And men should only use their own condoms to ensure that women don't poke holes in them. So in other words, women should do their part, and men should do their part to prevent pregnancy. It should both be their responsibility. If you don't want kids then you should be responsible for your own birth control just to be sure. Then there would be no "accidents'

Everyone (the man and the woman) should be responsible for their own birth control.

Men could poke holes in condoms, so women should take the pill to be safe. Women could forget to take the pill, or could mistakingly think they are infertile, so men should wear condoms. And men should only use their own condoms to ensure that women don't poke holes in them. So in other words, women should do their part, and men should do their part to prevent pregnancy. It should both be their responsibility. If you don't want kids then you should be responsible for your own birth control just to be sure. Then there would be no "accidents'

Yes there might be. No birth control is 100%.

If a woman wants to get pregnant, all she have to do is go to the sperm donor center. Ta-da!

But before she could do that, maybe she might want to divorce her husband and give her the reason.

For some reason this is reminding me of a movie with JLO in it. She was single and wanted a family so she went to the sperm donor center.

If a woman wants to get pregnant, all she have to do is go to the sperm donor center. Ta-da!

But before she could do that, maybe she might want to divorce her husband and give her the reason.

For some reason this is reminding me of a movie with JLO in it. She was single and wanted a family so she went to the sperm donor center.

Isn't it a lot more complicated than that? I mean I never looked into it but I am assuming it must cost a lot of money and don't they have to approve you? Like I'm sure if you didn't have a good job they wouldn't let you? I don't know...

Isn't it a lot more complicated than that? I mean I never looked into it but I am assuming it must cost a lot of money and don't they have to approve you? Like I'm sure if you didn't have a good job they wouldn't let you? I don't know...

It is not cheap and it doesn't require approval just like I didn't need approval or a license to decide to get pregnant the "natural" way.

It is not cheap and it doesn't require approval just like I didn't need approval or a license to decide to get pregnant the "natural" way.

That's interesting, you would think it would be the same for adoption? Whats the difference? If I wanted to adopt a child I'm sure they wouldn't let me because I don't have a steady job and live in a small house with my family. right?

That's interesting, you would think it would be the same for adoption? Whats the difference? If I wanted to adopt a child I'm sure they wouldn't let me because I don't have a steady job and live in a small house with my family. right?

Because you're adopting a child who is already in the world. With sperm donors you're simply asking to be a biological mother through artificial insemination. You're asking for sperm, not a living child. I agree that there are times when the bio/adoption distinctions seem not to make much sense but in this situation it does.

Because you aren't adopting your own child. If people were going to put restrictions on who could be biological parents to their child MANY people should be restricted from even conciving...

There should be a law against entrapment.!

My ex cheated ( made a mistake - lonely while i was away for a year). The girl lied about contraception - admitted this freely 'cos she wanted a baby........The ensuing heartache and distress for all concerned is beyond belief.

He has left her. She admits she at least got half of what she wanted.........

I hate her for it!

I consider myself childfree but even if I wasn't I'd never ever would trap a guy like that. If I was desperate for a child I'd try to adopt on my own, I wouldn't want to bring a child into the world where their father was tricked into being a parent. I think deliberately tricking a guy into fathering a child with you is a horrible thing to do.

Because you're adopting a child who is already in the world. With sperm donors you're simply asking to be a biological mother through artificial insemination. You're asking for sperm, not a living child. I agree that there are times when the bio/adoption distinctions seem not to make much sense but in this situation it does.

Yes but it will become a real child. Sure we can all be biological parents... but this is different than conceiving naturally because we have to go to a special place to get it. i don't know how to explain it. Look at Nadya Suleman (sp?). How is she allowed to have 16 kids and no steady job? That's not natural. I wish i could explain it better. sorry to get off topic...

Even if it's only 20%, that's still a large number of women who do this. The numbers mean nothing to me - although with the amount of women I know personally who HAVE done it I can believe the 40% - for me it's the FACT that it is done.

Oh I believe it is done. But I do not believe it is 40% over all in all age groups everywhere.

Archived