My girlfriend is an ex <> slept with 15 guys

ivinsjames

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What don't you guys understand about "ex ho" Im not saying she is one now.EX means was,or used to be and is now not. come on guys I know you understand better then this.

Why do you want to be in a relationship with someone you don't respect? Sorry, if you were my bf and you called me that, even with the word "ex" in front, our relationship would be over.

Agree with the others and learn from this....in the future, don't talk about "numbers." There really is no point, and regardless of the answer, you won't like it.

True, though some answers are easier to digest than others. Would he have reacted this way if she had 3 prior partners? What if it was 50?

OP, as long as none of it is on video floating around the internet, don't drive yourself crazy. Think about it this way - you like everything else about her, so if you can't see past this, you're going to break up with her, and then what? Find a girl who matches her in every respect except for having fewer partners? What if the next girl has more? Or if she lies? The reality is that you will never know for certain how many men a woman has been with. Women are notorious for underestimating this figure, whether it's intentional or not (sometimes, certain hookups won't count - it's female logic that guys will never understand).

You're assuming she has changed who she was. Shes the same person as before.

The more you think theres a difference the more you're going to feel the need for making this a problem

Youre just 22 but you seem to be actually trying to help thank you.Also thanks for not just criticizing my words.

I already asked this, but just in case...

What in particular bothers you about the 15? Is it just kind of an "ick factor", or are you worried about something else (performance, cheating, I don't know)?

If it's mainly an ick factor, I think if you've decided that you will decide to live with it it's a feeling that will just fade over time. I found out some fairly shocking (to me) things about my last boyfriend while we were dating, and at first my heart sank and I felt absolutely incredulous that he could do something like that, and then I decided to "forgive" him, and eventually those feelings sort of faded away.

I love how everyone gets their panties in a bunch over the OP's choice of words instead of helping him feel better about it like he asked.

You DO all know what he meant.

Maybe, but it is still incredibly disrespectful and unneccessary. He could have phrased it as "My GF slept with 15 guys in the past and I can't get over it." He purposly used the term "ex-ho"

What don't you guys understand about "ex ho" Im not saying she is one now.EX means was,or used to be and is now not. come on guys I know you understand better then this.

The problem with you referring to her as a "Ho, ex ho" or whatever is that you are judging her as a " * * * * * " based on how many guys she's been with. (EDIT: Why's "ho" not blocked but " * * * * * " is?)

It depends on the context she had these partners under. If it was 15 guys she had a real relationship with, that's different that 15 guys she took home for the night, which in my eyes wouldn't really spell out "responsibility" in my eyes. But it all depends on what standards and values you have.

Youre just 22 but you seem to be actually trying to help thank you.Also thanks for not just criticizing my words.

I've been where you are man...I've let that destroy relationships before.

I'm trying to not let you make the same mistakes I did.

I know the get over it advice isn't what you want to hear. I didn't want to hear it either. But you got to. If this is otherwise a good relationship you have to set your insecurities aside.

It, afterall, is just sex.

But please do yourself a favor and not ask these questions.

My boyfriend is unfairly judgmental!

My boyfriend judges me because I slept with 15 guys in the past. I'm desperately trying to look past his total disrespect of our relationship and myself because he calls me a sl$t but it's a very hard pill to swallow even though I really love him can someone please help me?

BTW he's only slept with 5 girls so I think he's insecure that I have more experience than he does. Please help.

You're assuming she has changed who she was. Shes the same person as before.

The more you think theres a difference the more you're going to feel the need for making this a problem

I think herein lies the reason it's problematic to term her as an 'ex-ho.' All of her experiences make up who she is. She may or may not feel like what she did was wrong. But trying to put a negative label on her past is segmenting what she did back then as if it's a different person. It is the same person who perhaps makes different choices.

I don't think having 15 partners makes someone a 'ho.' Perhaps there were issues that lead her to make those choices and maybe she's grown from them. It's important to point out behavior versus pointing out a supposed character trait that may lead to a behavior.

My boyfriend judges me because I slept with 15 guys in the past. I'm desperately trying to look past his total disrespect of our relationship and myself because he calls me a sl$t but it's a very hard pill to swallow even though I really love him can someone please help me?

BTW he's only slept with 5 girls so I think he's insecure that I have more experience than he does. Please help.

I like the way you think.

The problem with you referring to her as a "Ho, ex ho" or whatever is that you are judging her as a " * * * * * " based on how many guys she's been with. (EDIT: Why's "ho" not blocked but " * * * * * " is?)

It depends on the context she had these partners under. If it was 15 guys she had a real relationship with, that's different that 15 guys she took home for the night, which in my eyes wouldn't really spell out "responsibility" in my eyes. But it all depends on what standards and values you have.

Yeah now that is funny that they did not block ho out.I dont know why but I guess yeah it was rude.I just have a hard time expressing myself sometimes.

Very good point.

It's not like she cheated on you with 15 guys or anything :s I don't really see what the problem with her is. She hasn't done anything wrong, big deal if they were one night stands or not. You need to look up some stuff on the net about getting over insecurity, just google it. You will see little exercises and stuff you can do to put insecurities out of your mind.

I feel sorry for her having to be with a guy who calls her names and is so very judgemental. I would NEVER stay with someone who called me an ex ho. And yeah I've had my share of guys.

Archived