Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Blueafterglow, girl your better off not txting. i'd rather get no reply right now that the hurtful replies i'm getting right now. Why do i bother.

I try and i try and i try and you still treat me like a piece of dirt on the gound and whats worse....I TAKE IT.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I prob shouldn't be posting in this thread but i'm in a strange place. me and my bf are still together. but really just barely by the skin of our teeth.

We broke up over the weekend but after my emotional breakdown in front of him where i gave him the last bit of dignity i have we decided to keep going, yet, i feel like i've broken up with him. i've spent the day reading this thread, and realising what a piece of crap i go out with.

i txt to try and make things better but even when i do that i make him worse. So, i've stareted to mentally prepare myself but the actualy breakup and i have to say this thread has been amazing, its made me see what is actually happening in my relationship...

so, yes i'm writing on this thread, getting my feelings out about him becuase right now, i feel like i'm single, i just haven't got the guts or bravery to end it. how patetic am, completely rulled by a man who treats me like * * * * . ugh.

I won't be txting him. i won't be chasing him. i need my self respect and dignity back.

i'm just not that strong enough right now. i love him to death and can't imagine my life without him no matter how he treats me. that makes me sound so desperate. I know that i'm still trying. at least on here i can say the smart remarks and low comments he says to me, i wudn't dream of talking to him like he does to me. i must have a "you can walk all over me" sign on my head..

and to top it off my football team is loosing.!!!!

Today is his birthday and I am not calling him or contacting him in any way -- despite the fact that last Friday, on my b-day, he left a nice voicemail for me singing happy b-day to me.

Not going to contact him.

Instead I'll break the promise I made to myself to avoid alcohol this week. I'm on my third glass of wine.

Today is kind of loaded --- if we were still together, I would have been busy today getting him cake, and wine, and presents, etc.

I don't want to drag this on anymore. I want to move on. If he doesn't want to ask me out anymore, then he doesn't get to have me as a friend.

How could someone turn so cruel and cold and treat their family like dirt. Although if I am truthful you were always like that I just ignored it and took the abuse and lost my dignity and self respect. I used to be so happy and out going and you reduced me to this. But I will get it all back and leave you behind. The urge to text you has gone because I just could not be bothered.

We cant spend christmas together with the kids because it will serve no purpose. You said that you would be blamed for ruining the holidays, well suck it up, you have ruined the holidays by leaving us all to lead a single life.

Take your medicine, you left when you should have worked out our problems, you cant have the fun holidays and birthdays anymore, those ships have sailed.

We cant spend christmas together with the kids because it will serve no purpose. You said that you would be blamed for ruining the holidays, well suck it up, you have ruined the holidays by leaving us all to lead a single life.

Take your medicine, you left when you should have worked out our problems, you cant have the fun holidays and birthdays anymore, those ships have sailed.

How to you deal with visitation with the kids and still keep NC or LC I find it so hard??

So if u think u are over me and moved on, do u even care??? arent u afraid that i am actually gone? Still u dont call me and reconcile, was I that horrible that u are okay with losing me forever?? Wow!!! all the good times, all the hard times we have been through means nothing huh.

I guess now u are happy that i am gone then, u will move on too. I hope u are happy and find someone that will put up with all the mess u do. If u only sacrificed a little we wud still be together. Ur selfishness has broken us and if u dont sacrifice we cud never be together and i guess i got ur answer. Even after thinking u are losing me, u are still going on with ur life.

How to you deal with visitation with the kids and still keep NC or LC I find it so hard??

Similar to you, very hard. But i have the kids more than she does (my eldest stays with me between 6-7 nights a week, my youngest 4-5 days a week).

Initially it was to be split 50/50, 3 days one week, 4 days the next, but my eldest is angry with her mum for leaving so only goes when she has to. My youngest was supposed to be split 50/50 but last week she told me she wanted me to have her an extra day so she could have more alone time, suits me fine, my kids will grow up knowing who was there for them all the time and who abandoned them for a single life of fun.

Similar to you, very hard. But i have the kids more than she does (my eldest stays with me between 6-7 nights a week, my youngest 4-5 days a week).

Initially it was to be split 50/50, 3 days one week, 4 days the next, but my eldest is angry with her mum for leaving so only goes when she has to. My youngest was supposed to be split 50/50 but last week she told me she wanted me to have her an extra day so she could have more alone time, suits me fine, my kids will grow up knowing who was there for them all the time and who abandoned them for a single life of fun.

wellhopefully my kids will know that too but they are a bityoung to decide for themselves and I am just worried that they will think I stopped them from seeing their dad. I don't at all he just does not bother.

Everytime I talk to our mutual friends, i find out that you have been lying to me. It's no wonder that you've disapeared off the face of the earth and have pretty much stopped talking to all of them. The last time you talked to me, you said like you felt like you lost a ton of friends in the past 3 weeks, but that losing friends is a fact of life. You say you dont care, but i know you do... but obviously not enough.

Why would you lose me and all of your friends for one girl? Why would you start spending all of your time with her.? why would you lie to me and tell me that you didnt break up with me because of her when it obviously was true? What is going through your head? Everyone around you thinks you are acting crazy, yet you dont see it. How could you think the decisions you are making are going to be beneficial to you at all? How can you just give up everything in a matter of a few weeks and total turn yourself into someone no one recognizes?

When i tell our friends what happened, they all say that they cant believe that you would do this. more than one person has told me, "if you werent the one telling me what he's doing, i wouldnt believe it".

how can you just change into another person? You bought all new clothes, you started going to bars, you started lying to me and lying to your friends. I think you're gone. But how can that even be? Deep down, i know the person i loved is still there. a person doesn't do a complete 180 in a matter of weeks. A week after you broke up with me you told me that you werent sure that you were making the right decision. but its been 3 weeeks since then and you still havnt changed your mind. I know you're not gone. you're still in there but you're confused. so youre acting like a mad person. and theres nothing i can do or say to make you understand that. you have to figure that out on your own.

everyone keeps telling me that you're going to regret leaving me. I wonder if you already do but are too prideful to admit it. I wonder if you're going to throw everything away and pack up and leave and move accross the coutnry with her. I always wanted to move to a new town or city with you but you didnt. You said you didnt want to leave your friends behind. And in a matter of weeks you are planning on moving thousands of miles away with a girl you barely know.

Everyone tells me that by the time you finally realize what you lost, it will be too late. In my heart, i know that it's true. I think it'll take you a long time to finally realize that and in the end you probably will just move on with your life and take it as a life lesson.

I wish you would just understand that you are making the worst decision of your life. But I can't make you understand that. You need to see that for yourself. And soon it will be too late.

I dont care about what youve put me through... right now i still want you back and i cant guarantee that i will want that forever. Please figure yourself out in time, because i want to spend the rest of my life with you. Please for your own sake, figure it out in time. Nothing good will come from being with a 21 year old alcholic. Please realize that.

I miss my friend, I miss my companion.

It really is true, you should always appreciate the small stuff, cos one day you'll look back and it was really big stuff.

I hate that you find yourself here, but it is by your doing. It is your guilt.

I have done all I can, and can do no more.

I'm still along way from healed but every day brings me closer to that end, yet further from you. I find that sad.

One day? x

Winston is dying.

I know I've talked about him all these years and that one weekend that you stayed with me you had an opportunity to meet him. He's been a loyal, wonderful companion for over 15 years but his frail little body can't take it much more. He's reached the life expectancy for a cat of his breed and he's no longer the grumpy, feisty kitty that I'm so fond of. He hasn't eaten for days, barely drinks water, and stumbles around the house the few times he has the energy to even move. Right now I placed him in his favorite spot in the kitchen and he hasn't moved an inch.

W and I discussed it and we decided that the humane thing to do is to take him to the vet and have him put to sleep. We made an appointment for tomorrow at 8. We asked them to cremate him and scatter his ashes. It's going to be a long, sad day.

Despite what has happened between us, I felt compelled to tell you about him. I remember when you had to do the same for your dog (Lady?) and I remember how hard it was for you. I guess I needed to tell you, my friend, for that is what I think of you. You were and still are a very important part of my life, even if it has to be this way, covertly, unexposed, hidden. I can't bare to contact you for fear of falling in love all over again.

I can't be yours in the flesh. Just let me love you in spirit.

I can't believe this is happening. I feel like this is all a dream, yet in my dreams you are still there. I wake up in the night reaching accross the bed trying to touch you. I'm holding out hope you will wake up one day and realize you made a mistake. You've said you may wake up one day a few months down the road and do that. You've said you fell awful for the way things have turned out and wish is would've turned out differently. if you wanted it to turn out differently, why are you doing this? Why won't you make this right with me? If this is so hard and you cry over this, why are you doing this to both of us? If you wanted to pick up the phone and call, why didn't you? Why are you telling different stories to all your friends? I know you may be scared and confused after what happened with your parents, but I'm not your dad and you are not your mom. If you admit we both agree we wanted the same thing out of our relationship then why can't we go forward and give each other that? How do you come over here to talk after 6 weeks and break down in my arms? How do you cry for 20 minutes, let me hold and console you, hold my hand, kiss me, then turn around and say this is making it harder? Why do you listen to those certain people who have time and time again proved they are not good people? How do you not listen to your two best friends and family? We are meant for each other. Yes, we have had our issues the last few months, but those can be overcome. Our love for each other is true love. That cannot be denied. I want to say I will wait for you forever, but I can't. I cannot waste my life waiting for you to make up your mind. I hope you make your decision soon, I'm in agony right now.

Man, I need to change my field permanently. Our relationship really went on the rocks when I became a teacher, didn't it? All that stress made things no fun at all because I've been feeling it again. I was so much lighter when I was in school, tutoring, and working at the amusement park. I used to like working. I hate teaching. Well, I hate the stupid policies...no waterballons at the school picnic...I can't believe I got yelled at by the principal in front of the kids for that. The parents even approved...I sent permission slips. I had to play school nurse during lunch because the school was too cheap to afford one...and I actually got yelled at to go to the nurse's station, as if it was just expected and everyone should know that, when I had no idea there was no school nurse.

This and last year were the worst of my life. All the crap we both had to put up with...no wonder our relationship was destroyed, Lee. I guess I should learn to handle stress better and so should you, but dang...it's never-ending.

Well of course, I was doing so well and now I am dying to hear from you.

I can't believe I ignored your e-mail. A message from you, my Thomas, the man I thought I was going to marry, and I had to ignore it, because you've made it clear you don't want a relationship with me, you don't even want friendship with me. Because you're having sex with someone else. Because you don't even care enough to comfort me when I'm devastated. So I ignored it, I didn't reply. And you, did you write again, did you try again? No. You never fought for me, and now, you won't even make an effort to be my friend.

The thing is, sometimes I think I'm over you. And I know when I get like this that I'm just lonely, that I just want to be in love again, that if I had someone else I wouldn't be thinking about you. But still, I still am. I promised myself three weeks ago that I wouldn't cry over you anymore. I've tried, and done pretty well, but still. Sometimes I think of you and all I can do is cry, because I hate what's happened to us.