Your guy friends want to have sex with you. Wake up ladies!

diabolik

There are many threads on ENA where the responses tend to break along gender lines, but this is one where the responses tend to break according to age.

I've noticed that the average age of the responders who generally agreed with the first post, and certainly those who repped me for it, is markedly higher than the average age of those who think I have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course. men like to have sex with women. even more so women they actually like.

not hard to imagine there.

i've read a fair amount of posts that have said that they (the male) wouldnt sleep with their female friends. period.

But it doesnt stretch my imagination to think that most would.

There are many threads on ENA where the responses tend to break along gender lines, but this is one where the responses tend to break according to age.

I've noticed that the average age of the responders who generally agreed with the first post, and certainly those who repped me for it, is markedly higher than the average age of those who think I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I would have expected that.

I totally agree with you.

which brings up an interesting question... i wonder how many females want to bang their gay male friends?

ooo! tables have turned again!

Definitely not me. I can't even think of them in a sexual way, they're like family to me. On top of the fact that I don't have a penis and, therefore, nothing to offer.

I can't wait until I'm "old" and can tell people they don't know what they're talking about. Just an aside.

With great experience comes great pain. Be happy, young grasshopper.

But there is another thought - you may be lucky and never experience such things, which on one hand will be an easier life, but on the other hand you will have your naievitee intact for longer...

With great experience comes great pain. Be happy, young grasshopper.

But there is another thought - you may be lucky and never experience such things, which on one hand will be an easier life, but on the other hand you will have your naievitee intact for longer...

I will shirk off being patronized, as I am not the flint to spark this flamewar.

• 1 month later...

"Why do/did such things as chaperons, parlor pistols, and avoiding compromising positions exist? One reason, men are assumed to be opportunists until individually proven otherwise."

IOW, women have always been considered to be property to be fought over by men, and if a woman was "compromised," she was considered to have lost her value. Rape culture in "the good old days."

Feminists like me actually think that men are capable of controlling themselves. The problem is that many don't want to, and this misogynist culture -- which will always blame a woman for a man's behavior, like the OP does -- allows them to get away with it.

"Why do/did such things as chaperons, parlor pistols, and avoiding compromising positions exist? One reason, men are assumed to be opportunists until individually proven otherwise."

IOW, women have always been considered to be property to be fought over by men, and if a woman was "compromised," she was considered to have lost her value. Rape culture in "the good old days."

Feminists like me actually think that men are capable of controlling themselves. The problem is that many don't want to, and this misogynist culture -- which will always blame a woman for a man's behavior, like the OP does -- allows them to get away with it.

Of course men are capable of controlling themselves, but sometimes they don't want to and you never know which times those will be.

Exactly. Which is why women cannot prevent ourselves from being raped. To claim otherwise is to be a victim-blamer and to pretend that men have no responsibility.

I can't post links. Try educating yourself, instead of giving me the same ol', same ol' patriarchal excuses. Google "Feminism 101" and look for information on "rape culture."

Many of us already take plenty of precautions. How about teh menz step up and start acting like adults, instead of making excuses for one another and acting as though nothing can be done?

Exactly. Which is why women cannot prevent ourselves from being raped. To claim otherwise is to be a victim-blamer and to pretend that men have no responsibility.

I can't post links. Try educating yourself, instead of giving me the same ol', same ol' patriarchal excuses. Google "Feminism 101" and look for information on "rape culture."

Many of us already take plenty of precautions. How about teh menz step up and start acting like adults, instead of making excuses for one another and acting as though nothing can be done?

Look, if a guy were to rape a woman (And I'm not talking about grey area "she was too drunk to make the decision" type stuff) then it's 100% the man's fault. None the less, depending on the situation, the woman could have potentially done something to decrease the chances of it happening.

If I were to run around the darker parts of downtown with a big wad of cash yelling "HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY I HAVE". Sure, if someone mugs me, it's their fault, but nonetheless, it was still stupid of me to have done that.

If a girl walks around a sketchy area in her bra and panties, and then gets raped, the guy's at fault, but she was still being stupid.

I will say this though, for the large majority of cases, the woman is usually not doing anything stupid, and she bares absolutely no blame. Whenever you're in an environment where you can safely expect everyone to act civilized, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to prevent it.

No one is suggesting that men shouldn't be responsible for their actions. I don't see why you even brought rape into this. The OP was just saying that there are women out there that are oblivious to their male friends' attraction towards them.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I know that this is an old thread, but I felt the need to come back and give an update....

I must say that diabolik is right. I would've argued his entire first post up and down til we were both exhausted of it, but.....I was wrong, he is right. I recently went home for the holidays and hung out with an old high school buddy of mine. I finally came out and asked him why I was always "one of the guys" in the group. He looked at me, paused, and said, "What?? Everyone thought you were hot!" I didn't believe him, so we went through most of the names (that I could think of on the top of my head) of the guys we hung out with, and for every single one of them, he could remember that specific person saying that they thought I was good looking, or something to that extent. I'm not quite sure why I was still always treated as one of the guys, but....apparently even guy friends look, even if they don't touch

So I've gotta give the man props. I'm not wrong very often, but I was on this one.

Um...I've gotta disagree with the OP there. I had a very close female friend for years, and would never sleep with her, even if she came on to me. She seemed like my sister more than anything, and after reading a post simliar to yours a while back I actually thought about it and was like *shudder*...and I'm definitely not gay. Most guys? Maybe. But I'm not most guys.

Um...I've gotta disagree with the OP there. I had a very close female friend for years, and would never sleep with her, even if she came on to me. She seemed like my sister more than anything, and after reading a post simliar to yours a while back I actually thought about it and was like *shudder*...and I'm definitely not gay. Most guys? Maybe. But I'm not most guys.

was she unattractive?

Attractiveness is a relative term. I found her somewhat physically attractive, but her personality was just too weird for me to think of her that way. Then again, I'm not the kind of guy who would just sleep with anything that moves. If I were, I might have been the guy the OP described.

Attractiveness is a relative term. I found her somewhat physically attractive, but her personality was just too weird for me to think of her that way. Then again, I'm not the kind of guy who would just sleep with anything that moves. If I were, I might have been the guy the OP described.

Based on your anecdotal evidence, I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me. Perhaps you didn't read my first post carefully.

1. Did I say that *all* a woman's hetero male friends want to sleep with her? No, I did not.

2. The post was primarily intended to make naive women a little more aware, not to specifically describe the behavior of every man as it relates to every friendship with a female.

3. Note that in that first post, I suggested that the percentage of a woman's friends that would sleep with her increased with her physical attractiveness. As you note, you find your friend 'somewhat physically attractive'. That is a far cry from 'smoking hot'. So your case hardly contravenes the thrust of my post.

Had you said you were straight, she was a physical 10 in your eyes, and your relationship with her wasn't so important to you (i.e, so you might risk jeopardizing it for sex), and you still could honestly say you would turn her down if she came onto you for just sex, you'd come much closer to having a situation which you could point to in support of your disagreement with my post. But even then, that would just make you an exception, and my post allows for exceptions.

Learn to read, people.

Archived